Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

deuxhero

Arcane
Size difference that's impossible in game.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So i am trying the skillmaker mod. While it's fun it can be a bit tricky. I tried using warrior as a base to make 2H that can use some magical effect.

My first try is changing the "firebomb" effect to warrior's default Y attack, so when the hammer hit the ground, it would create AOE fire effect. I got the animation right, and timing right but i cannot spawn the explosion right on the where the hammer head hit, instead it spawn right underneath the player foot instead. I tried using the coordinate offset, but it still doesn't do anything and still only spawn the fire effect under the character's foot.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
so here is my concept for mystic warrior using the skillmaker mod:
skill 1

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Last edited:

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Mystic Warrior Lightning attack should be a Thundermine bolt traversing a straight path after the attack hits the ground.

Suicidal

Arcane
Did DDDA ever get mods like this? I didn't search much but all I saw was cosmetic mods and some minor rebalances.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Did DDDA ever get mods like this? I didn't search much but all I saw was cosmetic mods and some minor rebalances.
Nope. Reframework was either too difficult or too old for people to bother or care.

Re engine has seen extensive modding since the last half decade or so.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Did DDDA ever get mods like this?
Nope
In fact I think I should make a dedicated modding thread instead of keep clogging this thread with these posts

MT Framework
ftfy

Re engine has seen extensive modding since the last half decade or so.
Yeah
The REFramework allows for quite extensive scripting and Fluffy Manager makes installing/managing mods easier than Bethseda games
And both these tools are universal to every REngine game

About the only thing they can't seem to do is add new assets (like animations) and change or add the game's levels and world
Though they can replace existing assets

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
'Twas to be expected. Without a proper endgame or NG+ it was bound to drop off. They didn't add anything difficulty wise to account for high level characters, stupid Capcom. It should rise in popularity as long as they don't fuck up the expansion.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

Capcom Is Making More Money Than Ever Before — and It’s Forecast Even Better to Come

With Monster Hunter Wilds and perhaps more waiting in the wings.​

Japanese game company Capcom has reported record sales and predicted even bigger returns are to come, with big hitter Monster Hunter Wilds waiting in the wings.

Capcom sold 45.89 million units of video games during the fiscal year ending March 31, 2024, a record for the long-running company behind the likes of Monster Hunter and Resident Evil. Net sales were up 21% year-on-year, and profit was up 18.1%.

Capcom said it achieved this result off the back of the release of Street Fighter 6 in June 2023 and Dragon’s Dogma 2 in March 2024. Street Fighter 6 has now sold 3.3 million units, and Dragon’s Dogma 2 has shifted 2.62 million. Both games, as well as continued sales of older games, made for record-high net sales, the seventh consecutive year of record-high profit at all levels, and Capcom’s 11th consecutive year of operating income growth.

In its forecast for the current financial year ending March 2025, Capcom predicted even bigger sales and profits, which would result in 12 consecutive years of operating income growth and eight consecutive years of record high profit at all levels.

Capcom has Monster Hunter Wilds due out at some point in 2025, and is heavily rumored to be preparing Resident Evil 9, the next mainline Resident Evil game, for release during this financial year.

Capcom’s success comes during one of the toughest times for the video game industry in recent memory, with a number of high-profile studio closures, thousands of job losses, and a raft of canceled projects. Just this week, Microsoft announced the closure of Hi-Fi Rush studio Tango Gameworks and Redfall developer Arkane Austin as part of deep cuts at ZeniMax, with the warning that more is to come. PlayStation maker Sony has made cuts of its own, as has a long list of publishers and developers.

Capcom, however, appears to be enjoying perhaps its most successful period ever. Just last month, Capcom announced plans to pay out more money to its shareholders after the breakout success of Dragon’s Dogma 2, which sold 2.5 million copies across PC via Steam, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X and S in just 11 days. To put Dragon’s Dogma 2’s sales into context, it took the first Dragon’s Dogma game a month to sell 1.05 million units after it went on sale at the end of May 2012, a tally Capcom declared a success at the time.

Capcom’s best-selling game of all-time is 2018’s Monster Hunter World, which has shifted just shy of 20 million units. The company will be hoping to repeat the trick when Monster Hunter Wilds goes on sale next year.

Terenty

Liturgist
2.5 million in 11 days and only 2.66 in total in 1.5 months? Something doesn't add up.

deuxhero

Arcane
No, it's a simple mater of initial sales off the original's popularity disappearing once negative word of mouth (and lack of positive) deters buyers with how awful it is with malware induced shit performance, deliberately gimped character creation, being so unfinished there's no "new game" option, tranny "body type" crap, shit balance, boring vocations and microtransactions. There's a decent chance that by the end of the month player counters will drop below the original. They burned the brand for a quick buck, not stable long term profit like the original.

It will have fallen off the top 150 games on Steam tomorrow. It 100% looks like people stopped buying it.

Shinji

Savant
Most people that wanted to get the game at full price have already bought it.
The others are likely waiting for the price to go down -- probably because of the coordinated hate campaign against it.

If Capcom releases an expansion that adds some 20~30 hours of content, plus some new vocation sales will go up again.

Suicidal

Arcane
Alright capcum, I'm very happy for all the cash you are rolling in, now hurry up and make DD2: Darker Arisen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom