Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dread Delusion - Morrowind-like retro open world action RPG

v1c70r14

Educated
It kind of blows my mind that someone can spend years working on a project like this and fail to see how crucially intertwined exploration, progression, and overall challenge is. If you fail to provide challenge, the exploration and progression fall apart, becoming meaningless superficialities. It illegitimatizes this as a game, and turns it into an interactive art piece. How can you not see this after spending so much time making something?
I read an interview with one of the developers where he said it was intended as a walking sim first and foremost, can't find it now though, might have been scrubbed but who knows with how search engines are these days. I did find this from another interview where he says they are just not trying to compete with anything combat oriented:
I’ve been focusing on exploration and narrative, because those are the areas where I feel we can compete with the bigger games. Whereas there’s never going to be a point where we can really compete with other games in terms of combat. We’re going to keep developing the combat to make it as good as it can be, but the focus of the game is still going to be the story and exploring this world.

then we can start building a posse and petition the authorities to remove the mention of Morrowind from the thread title
I'm one of few people here who is aware of how right you are about other things. This being a walking simulator narrative-first kind of game put together by a transsexual jewish autogynophiliac developer, and I don't see how anyone could refute that with the collar straining against the adam's apple in the pic below, or the developer explicitly stating their intent.

Q6lSfPd.jpeg

It shouldn't surprise anyone that the local tranny chasers, fantadomat and Jenkem, are into this game. Quite the catch you guys got there.

But I do think you're wrong about this not being like Morrowind. Wasn't that game a slow paced walking sim with broken and simplistic mechanics too? With occasional interruptions by cliff racers. A game with giant mushrooms and where you got propositioned by cat people when you weren't reading about Vivec's "spear". Arena, Daggerfall and Battlespire were primarily about dungeon crawling, with the overworld in the first two providing a sense of scope and context for the dungeon diving. Morrowind had trivial dungeons and very broken combat and character building, it was much more about the uncomfortably slow hike through slightly more exotic landscapes than it was about challenging and meaningful encounters, or even skillchecks for that matter. It was what would become the essential Todd Howard take on the series going forward.

It's the revealed preference of the Codex lefty seen updooting Hag's review that they want mechanically shallow walking games with mild VN elements, probably because they don't touch grass very often and don't talk to people. Video games were always about selling you the fantasy of what you don't get to do or can't have, they're the essential surrogate activity. That's what Morrowind always was though? A trekking game with the occiasional exposition dump, not heroic combat or deep system interactions.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
I'm one of few people here who is aware of how right you are about other things. This being a walking simulator narrative-first kind of game put together by a transsexual jewish autogynophiliac developer, and I don't see how anyone could refute that with the collar straining against the adam's apple in the pic below, or the developer explicitly stating their intent.

Q6lSfPd.jpeg

It shouldn't surprise anyone that the local tranny chasers, fantadomat and Jenkem, are into this game. Quite the catch you guys got there
wow, you actually looked it up. To me, it all appeared in a dream.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
then we can start building a posse and petition the authorities to remove the mention of Morrowind from the thread title
I agree with you on that one. The constant Morrowind name dropping isn't doing any good to either the game or the players.

NwNgger

Educated
It kind of blows my mind that someone can spend years working on a project like this and fail to see how crucially intertwined exploration, progression, and overall challenge is. If you fail to provide challenge, the exploration and progression fall apart, becoming meaningless superficialities. It illegitimatizes this as a game, and turns it into an interactive art piece. How can you not see this after spending so much time making something?
I read an interview with one of the developers where he said it was intended as a walking sim first and foremost, can't find it now though, might have been scrubbed but who knows with how search engines are these days. I did find this from another interview where he says they are just not trying to compete with anything combat oriented:
I’ve been focusing on exploration and narrative, because those are the areas where I feel we can compete with the bigger games. Whereas there’s never going to be a point where we can really compete with other games in terms of combat. We’re going to keep developing the combat to make it as good as it can be, but the focus of the game is still going to be the story and exploring this world.

Q6lSfPd.jpeg

It shouldn't surprise anyone that the local tranny chasers, fantadomat and Jenkem, are into this game. Quite the catch you guys got there.

But I do think you're wrong about this not being like Morrowind. Wasn't that game a slow paced walking sim with broken and simplistic mechanics too? With occasional interruptions by cliff racers. A game with giant mushrooms and where you got propositioned by cat people when you weren't reading about Vivec's "spear". Arena, Daggerfall and Battlespire were primarily about dungeon crawling, with the overworld in the first two providing a sense of scope and context for the dungeon diving. Morrowind had trivial dungeons and very broken combat and character building, it was much more about the uncomfortably slow hike through slightly more exotic landscapes than it was about challenging and meaningful encounters, or even skillchecks for that matter. It was what would become the essential Todd Howard take on the series going forward.

It's the revealed preference of the Codex lefty seen updooting Hag's review that they want mechanically shallow walking games with mild VN elements, probably because they don't touch grass very often and don't talk to people. Video games were always about selling you the fantasy of what you don't get to do or can't have, they're the essential surrogate activity. That's what Morrowind always was though? A trekking game with the occiasional exposition dump, not heroic combat or deep system interactions.
Modern devs do not innovate. They imitate. They look at older games and say "this game had this feature so I will have that too." and that is the end of their thought process. They never look at a game like Morrowind or even Skyrim and analyse it's design. They don't try to understand why design decisions were made and how they were made. This dev is a tranny. And like all trannies they just want words. The game will have "exploration" and "narrative" without understanding how those things contribute to satisfying game design in the same way as this man doesn't understand saying you're a woman doesn't make you a woman because there's more to it than just words.

To be fair, I just looked at the colour pallete for the game and knew a tranny made it. They have absolutely no understanding of aesthetics whatsoever and that comes through loud and clear in this ugly game.

Spike

Educated

Q6lSfPd.jpeg

Baww baww leftism!

I'm a rightist who is probably more autistic than you (white sharia for the win) and I'm enjoying the game.

v1c70r14

Educated
that's not the developer though
Why would you deny something so easily provable? I don't care if you like "feminine" penis or not, I only posted about the dev because people were in denial about this game having the autogynephiliac touch and rating normie as if it wasn't true. You're never getting back into the closet after lusting for "Theodora" on the public forums, Jenk, nobody cares.

Deadname is Aaron.
I'm a more autistic than you
Ok. Didn't ask.

Spike

Educated
Why would you deny something so easily provable? I don't care if you like "feminine" penis or not, I only posted about the dev because people were in denial about this game having the autogynephiliac touch and rating normie as if it wasn't true. You're never getting back into the closet after lusting for "Theodora" on the public forums, Jenk, nobody cares.

Deadname is Aaron.
Ok. Didn't ask.

As far as I am aware, that person (originally a guy right? so that guy...) was not the main dev. Did you know a gay man made some of your favorite video games? His name is Tim Cain.

NwNgger

Educated

Deadname is Aaron.
Ok. Didn't ask.

As far as I am aware, that person (originally a guy right? so that guy...) was not the main dev. Did you know a gay man made some of your favorite video games? His name is Tim Cain.

Tim Cain is a loser who doesn't understand what made the games he contributed to great. He's also a faggot.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Q6lSfPd.jpeg

bro literally has a cumstain on his chest

Spike

Educated
this game is empty and has no combat

another style over substance hollow title like Disco Elysium
What if the creator didn't intend there to be an emphasis on combat...? You are judging the game based on preconceptions you are giving to it.

I detest clown world as much as the next 'dexer but letting your hateboner be your judge is asinine. It doesn't have to be your cup of tea despite that, of course. I found myself enjoying the exploration, world, etc enough to not really care about the combat being easy. It isn't like we have a shortage of fantastic games with great combat. Go play Arthurian Legends or Enderal for good first person combat.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
What if the creator didn't intend there to be an emphasis on combat...?

Sure but there is no gameplay too

What is the gameplay? just going around and looking at stuff. And the game is painfully easy. It's a walking sim, very poor gameplay.

Be Kind Rewind

Educated
Zionist Agent
What is the gameplay? just going around and looking at stuff. And the game is painfully easy. It's a walking sim, very poor gameplay.
Ah geez dood, the writing is the gameplay just like in the masterpiss No Truce With The Furries.

Synthler's stream and the garish pink neon puke tranny colors were enough to prevent Troon Delusion from sullying my hard drive. Video game physiognomy is real, game dev physiognomy is the hardest science.

agris

Arcane
Patron
It kind of blows my mind that someone can spend years working on a project like this and fail to see how crucially intertwined exploration, progression, and overall challenge is. If you fail to provide challenge, the exploration and progression fall apart, becoming meaningless superficialities. It illegitimatizes this as a game, and turns it into an interactive art piece. How can you not see this after spending so much time making something? It's so frustrating seeing such wasted potential, and the lack of interest in fixing the most obvious problems at hand.
Unfortunately what we’re observing has a more common name: failure.

It often has flashes of brilliance and elicits “but-for” discussions, but we’re front row for a train wreck and thy name is mentally ill gamedev

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
the developer of the game goes by "James Wragg" and he's a britbong, he narrated the early access trailer on the steam page, not sure if it's still there. do you think a MtF troon demon goes by the name "James" ? afaik that person in your tweet either did a musical track or two, or did some art. you faggots are always elevating some code monkey or one-off art contributor to being 'the developer' like you are their publicist or something... it's actually really odd how often you and others embellish and try to attribute the status they are seeking.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
the developer of the game goes by "James Wragg" and he's a britbong, he narrated the early access trailer on the steam page, not sure if it's still there. do you think a MtF troon demon goes by the name "James" ? afaik that person in your tweet either did a musical track or two, or did some art. you faggots are always elevating some code monkey or one-off art contributor to being 'the developer' like you are their publicist or something... it's actually really odd how often you and others embellish and try to attribute the status they are seeking.

Brindle is also a troon
Clara is elusive, but most likely a troon, judging by former associates (Tamara Duplantis, Catherine Brinegar)

Last edited:

Spike

Educated

Brindle is also a troon
Clara is elusive, but most likely a troon, judging by former associates (Tamara Duplantis, Catherine Brinegar)

Well, that's unfortunate.

v1c70r14

Educated
Clara is elusive, but most likely a troon, judging by former associates
Come on now, lead programmer on almost zero pay making a faux PS1 game? Do you actually think any biological woman is that autistic? Code monkeys are almost always men, and they're also the men most at risk of trooning out. The programmer, writer and content churner are all transsexuals. James Wragg is the lazy ideas guy/organizer/manager and either the development team is his personal gay harem or he's getting groomed by them and will be a they/them in the future. How else do you end up with such a small minority being this over-represented on a dev team? They are all leads, none of them are in minor roles.

The writer isn't just a transsexual but a former gaming journalist. Before Jenky runs more weak and futile disinformation campaigns in order to restore his waning heterosexual reputation, which is as dead as his chances with real women, and more cover for why he's so into this "game", a source can be found here.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Clara is elusive, but most likely a troon, judging by former associates
Come on now, lead programmer on almost zero pay making a faux PS1 game? Do you actually think any biological woman is that autistic? Code monkeys are almost always men, and they're also the men most at risk of trooning out. The programmer, writer and content churner are all transsexuals. James Wragg is the lazy ideas guy/organizer/manager and either the development team is his personal gay harem or he's getting groomed by them and will be a they/them in the future. How else do you end up with such a small minority being this over-represented on a dev team? They are all leads, none of them are in minor roles.

The writer isn't just a transsexual but a former gaming journalist. Before Jenky runs more weak and futile disinformation campaigns in order to restore his waning heterosexual reputation, which is as dead as his chances with real women, and more cover for why he's so into this "game", a source can be found here.
I'm just looking for signs of recent troonage, most likely his real footprint is under his name from before becoming a transformer
Brindle, in a bizarre act of zero obfuscation, has his twitter just straight up link to https://brindlebrothers.blogspot.com lmao

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom