Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Rats - first impressions and general feedback

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
how hard it is compared to AoD anyway?

Difficulty varies a LOT in DR, since it depends on your choice of difficulty level, your character's charisma and your party composition vs enemy composition. Some fights are easier for a particular party, whereas another party might struggle. For example, a dedicated ranged character will have a very easy time early on, but encounters against shielded enemies and, worse yet, ambushers on your back will quickly make you go from :martini: to :x:x:x:butthurt:.

On average, I would say "Murderous Psychopath" (Hard) is roughly on par with AoD, "Tough Guy" (Medium) feels rather easy and I haven't played on "Nice Guy" (Easy), but I'm guessing it will be laughable.

maybe the combat design and encounter is bigger this time around?

Yes. DR actually takes longer than AoD to finish, since there are more fights. The game delivers on ITS's promise: if you enjoyed AoD combat, DR brings even MORE bang for your buck.

scorpions op, nerf plz :negative:

Use Aimed: Torso to mitigate their crazy high DR. If all else fails, sacrifice one of the schmucks by the campfire to win the fight. :lol:

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
jo4yX4s.png

:shredder:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
killed giant ant queen

going back to base with all dudes at 1/4 hp

'it would be a very aod thing if now i ran into a random encounter on the way back'

well what do you know

random encounter

:rage:

also, npcs seem to be suffering from plot stupidity that forces them into going berserk (to add moar fights)

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Guide to beat scorpions:

- Marcus -> hammer knockdown.
- Everyone else -> aimed: head.

Of course, you have to survive getting whacked by them :P

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Ration and pay attention. There are some arrows on some old corpses here and there.

Tigranes

Arcane
We talked about it in this thread, but you missed it

If only there was a technology for going back in time and reading it

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There's only one Dungeon Rats gameplay video on youtube right now.

Come on, I want to see this game and play it

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
There's only one Dungeon Rats gameplay video on youtube right now.

Come on, I want to see this game and play it

Well then, guess I just DOUBLED the amount of DR videos on YT! :martini:

NOTE: As I write this post the video has NOT yet finished uploading. I'm guessing it's gonna take another hour or so. The link is correct, check back later if it doesn't work/only shows the 360p version. VIDEO IS UPLOADED AND PROCESSED. ENJOY!!!

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
Oh you can see the enemy HP now or only if you have some skill?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
You can craft arrows, as for the difficulty, it's being tweaked as we speak. When I played it there were only a couple of challenging fights (especially on solo), with the beginning being a good measuring stick whether your PCs have what it takes. If you can't defeat first "mini-boss" then you probably should redo your build.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
You can craft arrows, as for the difficulty, it's being tweaked as we speak. When I played it there were only a couple of challenging fights (especially on solo), with the beginning being a good measuring stick whether your PCs have what it takes. If you can't defeat first "mini-boss" then you probably should redo your build.

Thank you.

Waiting for more videos.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
anyway based ITS releasing the game on friday so we wage slaves can spend the weekend on this, when our corporate masters bid it is our time to do freely

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Players posting videos about a unreleased game and a developer giving them tips. This shit is unnatural. Stop this, please.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom