Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Rats - first impressions and general feedback

razvedchiki

Erudite
dagger is what I used when doing solo psycho (edit: had ironman written here earlier that was a mistake, HAVE NOT BEATEN IRONMAN). it is very good, especially when combined with high level alchemy. you have to have a good amount of points in critical strike though.

how did you get pass the 3 plant fight? i have 7/6 dagger/crit and 9 dodge.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I recently got past them with dagger - 10 dodge, lotsa antidote.

I have a question - where to put 2 stat points for spearman? +2 Perception, or +2 Str to get 6 Str, or +10 attack rating?
What's more valuable?

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
dagger is what I used when doing solo psycho (edit: had ironman written here earlier that was a mistake, HAVE NOT BEATEN IRONMAN). it is very good, especially when combined with high level alchemy. you have to have a good amount of points in critical strike though.

how did you get pass the 3 plant fight? i have 7/6 dagger/crit and 9 dodge.
the 3 plants and scolopendra fight? or the 4 plant fight. either way a lot of it really comes down to getting lucky with dodge rolls. also i had an antidote up at all times and i used berserk potion. in a very few cases you can try positioning yourself in a way that one of the plants wont have a line of sight on you and wont be able to attack you.

razvedchiki

Erudite
i got through them after 30-40 tries each fight, the problem was that i had many beserker potions but only 1 eagle eye neurostimulant to offset the to hit loss.
for the 3 plants+ scolo i used to run behind the corner to kill the scolo first then the plants but i was gunned down i soon as i turned the corner. so i rushed the plants ignoring the scolo and it eventually got killed from the melee attacks of the plants.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
used berserk potion

This one, they are easy to hit but can't bleed. B-potion from Reinard come in handy.

i got through them after 30-40 tries each fight

Too much for bad random, something is bad about your build or tacton.
If you have thc loss then you weapon skill is too low, or you tried to use initial B-potion.

but i was gunned down i soon as i turned the corner

Definitely something is wrong here. They should not hit that often - 10 dodge is recommended here. Also always have anti. active, and never stay in melee with them on their turn.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

Feels like to not have -20% damage modifier is more important than +10% thc.
All damage dealt by archers.
But that's before I met constructs...

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

Oke, I got through on third attempt.
First is al-chemist, second is knife guy, Enforcer is so-so if you could delay him (with spear, otherwise he is third).
Half a damage - as usual - archers of all kind - fuckers.

What I did - blowed up neurostim, then blowed up bomberman, then ran back 5 squares. So, half a damage was knife dude, rest was archer.
Used 2 20-25 bombs, 1 net, 1 throphy neurostim, 1 grindstone, 2 poison flasks. Used net to hit reliably Enforcer, could do without it.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
OK...
I have 6 in craft and alchemy. Can rise one of them to 8.
What to chose and why, given the constructs fights? Constructs give me usual nightmare.

Technomancer

Liturgist
What to chose and why, given the constructs fights? Constructs give me usual nightmare.
By that time I had 10 alch. Had plenty of unused fire vials and black goo. Since I had a massive surplus, I pretty much burned through them all on robots, most of it on the optional fight that leads to the machine.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

Why I can't throw there? Bug or mechanics?

Also - in fight with Demo, I coudn't net him, when he stood behind the crate while my PC was between them. Those nets just gave "miss" floating text. Bug?

Also game very poorly react on turning camera with press of mouse wheel. Is it my mouse or usual behavior?

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I kept having that issue, in multiple fights, where I was unable to throw bombs to spaces diagonally in front of me. I had to plan a few of the mech fights around that bug because its often the case that you have two mechs in front of you like that.
Also - in fight with Demo, I coudn't net him, when he stood behind the crate while my PC was between them. Those nets just gave "miss" floating text. Bug?
lol this is one of the tactics I mentioned using before but didn't want to bring up. I placed myself behind the box and it would cause the ninja in that fight to waste on all his nets on me by trying to throw them at me through the box and missing.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
OK, so - how to win Emperor fight?
That guy with gem instead of eye.
10 spear/dodge/alchemy, 5 craft, 50 hp, 8 Str.
2 frag, 2 usual, 6 fire flasks, bolo, multiple neurostims.

Like, if I go for main guy, the rest kill my guy quickly, especially the one with fire and acid flask is irritating. But also 2 of them have nets.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Put the level 10 poison on your weapon to start, of course. Then I pop an eagle eye neuro-stim and run to the wolf head guy on the right, do arterial strikes on him with poison dagger and he dies on his turn from poison and bleeding before he can do anything (since you are doing spear I'm not sure how successful this will be though, maybe have to consider bombing him once or maybe you can do enough regular damage that he will die just from poison on his turn).

20220519225653_1.jpg

I then run towards the archer, around and behind him; it has to be the position furthest to the right otherwise the alchemist will throw a firebomb over the wall at you. Kill the archer in one turn from arterial strikes/poison (or however you can do it with the spear).

20220519230011_1.jpg

The axeman should follow and be closet to you, with the alchemist behind him like in the picture.

20220519230329_1.jpg

Throw a fire potion directly at the alchemist (position 1) and he will move diagonally left, then throw another fire potion next to him (position 2). This will force him to move right behind the axeman, you then move in front of the axeman and the alchemist can now do nothing.

20220519225736_1.jpg
20220519230350_1.jpg

From here it can be mostly up to you. Personally I throw two splash acid vials at the alchemist before moving in front of the axeman, this way both the axeman and alchemist have lowered DR and can be killed more quickly. I pop another eagle eye neurostim, or it can be normal neurostim, and kill them both. By then emperor should be near you and you can deal with him using acid, bombs, bolas, nets, etc.

20220519231242_1.jpg
20220519231322_1.jpg

Of course even with all this you still have to pray for dodge rolls against all the ranged attacks and hope the last few enemies dont get a bunch of bleeding stacks on you.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
What I did.
At first I tried to eliminate Emperor-guy with bombs then lock alch-guy with 2 fire flasks - had 3 AP left, so I made 1 step north and was on same line as axe-guy with just 1 square between us, and used last AP to turn to archers. Used that Enforcer armor, Scaurus spear, 6 AP stim, natural armor berserk potion and antidote "just in case" (c).
Coudn't survive next turn in most cases, cause spear-guy has net, and I don't know WTF is this, but sometimes this net lasted for TWO (2) turns, and axe-guy could hit me reliably while netted, also wolfhead-guy was also bad news with his ignore armor passives.
So what I did - blocked BOTH alch-guy with spear-guy with fire. Quickly eliminated axe-guy, then wolfhead-guy, then I think bowman was near?
Then next was alch-guy from bombs+fire flasks - delayed him with fire, and finished with early game throphy flask for 3-7 damage.
Somewhere there was spear-guy I think, then last crossbower.
Don't get hit with net was crucial thing not only -20 dodge, but also -6 AP, and twice the movement cost.
Lost only half HP, won with first try (with that tacton) - quite reliable.

P.S. Before that I tried to eliminate EMP-guy with spear&bolas, but realized it's too slow, and I conserve consumables for the wrong targets.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Again, new team. Want crossbow to be useful, cause without crit is is useless in last game's quarter.

Barely.

Same - barely.

P.S. For now only reloaded in damned Ismail vs scorps fight, which is bullshit.

P.S. That was close for Ismail.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

Close for Marcus - just because I decided to save one bomb - weakest one 15-20. Second ecounter with 4 bots went much smoother - threw this bomb, knocked out bots and eliminated steel one with 3 artherial shots. Repeating crossbow is cool beans.

Yeah, really cool.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, Emperor.

End of turn 1.

P.S. But died 3 times at healing machine room fight with constructs.
First time when fire ran out, my crosbower was near those 2 melee, so he got spiky treatment.
Second time I crafted 5th fire flask, and locked one of constructs before previous fire run out, then sniped down one of them.
But turned out Marcus can't tank even one of them for 1 turn in top steel musculata...
So I either should use grenades more freely.
So, it all could be avoided...

Emperor defeated, no reloads.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Still no reloads.

Before last assault.

Before last fight.

The end.
Still have like 3 bombs at the end? So you shoul'd save them that tight in fight with constructs.
Before last figth - 1 ee stim, 1 frag, 7 usual 25-30, 1 fireflask (useful for blocking and lining themup) 11 grindstones and like 7? berserk potions - have no idea where to use them with their thc penalty.
Marcus and Ismail had their buttcheaks slapped, but nothing too serious.
Will heal before marriage!

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, I ran swordman with 10 dex/con/per. Was easy, died 1 due random in fight before Reinard, cause bowmans start hitting me too often - had 1 hp left, was need to stike 1 more time, when nasy arrow hit for 16 hp...
Otherwise, it was easy-peasy - untill I hit a wall with Dermocritus. Like, I ave no idea how to get past him. He never (almost) come close if there is more then 3 squares between us, if 3 - he could swing a hammer. I could dodge that, but not alaways. And can't deal damage - steel sword with counter attack deal little damage, bleed doen't proc too often.
Eh... was so good untill it wasn't.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, what is tactics for sword solo 50 hp Enforcer fight?
Like, really. I bomb alch-guy, then block knifer with fire, then fall back to bridge. eventually they reduce me to a couple of hp, and even if I eliminated everyone, crossbower alwas land a hit on me during 2-3 turns, if I come close to him.
Is tactical improvement just pour more bombs? lmao

Parabalus

Arcane
So, what is tactics for sword solo 50 hp Enforcer fight?
Like, really. I bomb alch-guy, then block knifer with fire, then fall back to bridge. eventually they reduce me to a couple of hp, and even if I eliminated everyone, crossbower alwas land a hit on me during 2-3 turns, if I come close to him.
Is tactical improvement just pour more bombs? lmao

IIRC with block sword I turtled behind the elevator, try that with dodge.

Good luck vs the construct afterwards.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Good luck vs the construct afterwards.

Yeah, I lucked out with Enforcer (dodger lose in that position placement/movement bonus which is significant) on the bridge - crossbower didn't hit me during theose 3 turns I was near. But constructs... lmao, with 4 Str and no bleed I would better commit sepukku before them.

Yesterday tried party thrower - cause solo one is purest nightmare lmao.

Acually I have a question - does throwing weapon get bonus to damage from Str?

Unwanted

†††

Patron
The only weapon skill that doesn't get dmg bonus from STR is crossbow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom