Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

v1rus

Arcane
I couldn't stand seeing you attempt to leap to your own death again. Sorry.

I died in the name of this forum, and this is how you treat me?

#codexforgetsitsheroes

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Any chance to get a cold/electric based warlock for DDO?

And here is a controversial opinion; having classes behind paywall is necessarily bad. All arcane casters are boring on DDO but they made a good job with warlock because nobody would ever pay for a class who is weaker than the F2P classes. If the class wasen't behind a Pay Wall, they could butcher the class. Same with races. Tieflings and Dragonborns are great because they are behind paywalls.

_V_

Scholar
So, I thought thered be some kind of announcement for the start of the 99 Point sale too.
But it's already active. If any of you were waiting like me...

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Got back into the game about three weeks ago. Starting fresh on the Sarlona server, after having getting fed up with the guild I mentioned joining in my post a while back.

Barbarians got a huge upgrade with the new strikethrough mechanic a couple patches ago. So I'm having a lot of fun.

I'm just sniffing the flowers and slowly working my way up to max level doing every quest available.

Everyone should grab all the free quests and expansions dirt cheap right now. They only have it going till August 31.

https://www.ddo.com/en/news/free-questing-coupon-and-vip-update-–-thank-you-standing-stone-games

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Ok, decided to restart again and give the game a go with this build.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...g-Paladin-18-Rogue-2-for-Free-to-play-players
I'm basically going to try and solo the game and do all the content I can and get max favor. Learn all the quests, enjoy the story and then basically start doing group play once I hit max level.

Out of curiosity to the people in the Codex guild, did they introduce Reaper difficulty yet before you guys disbanded?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Actually they just added in the latest patch at the start of this month. Release Notes Here
https://ddowiki.com/page/Update_46_Patch_2_Release_Notes

Re downloading DDO now!!! Frost warlock. Is not lurker of the deep but

• Warlock Level 15: Absolute Zero: Attempt to lock a single enemy in ice permanently. Enemies must succeed on a Will saving throw vs DC (15+Warlock Level+Charisma Modifier) or be forever trapped in solid ice. Enemies made of fire will instead be destroyed with no saving throw. Does not affect bosses.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Do I need to be epic to grind for mount in KotBL, or should I do that now for that large speed increase early?

You can grind a mount in the level one wilderness area of Keep on the Borderlands doing the rare encounters. Be warned though it takes a while to do but it is way worth it for the speed increase throughout the game in public areas. There is also a high chance for a feather fall clock to drop, so be sure to pick that up.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Also, I know I sound like a broken record but use the coupon code DDOFREEQUESTS to get all quests for free. And first two expansions only 90 points each.
The reason I'm spamming it so much now is because I ran into a guy who just came back to the game after being away for many years and he didn't know about the code so I want to make sure no one misses out. In fact I'm changing my signature.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I an loving the Carcery(frost) Warlock.an at lv 7 at moment The major problem of leveling is that i own a lot of undead themed adventures AND this warlock sucks against undead. I imagine that when i get black tentacles, deal with undead will no longer be that great problem, but i an enjoying a lot the warlock gameplay.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I remember i played it before with monk many years ago. But that account is long dead and even email service i registered is long dead too so i'm downloading steam version.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
So who is gud starting melee character?
This is the build I am playing right now https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...g-Paladin-18-Rogue-2-for-Free-to-play-players
I've just started it and am having a blast. Even if you don't choose this build I recommend following his guide on leveling and questing since it will teach you all the content and earn you maximum favor for free DDO points. He goes on about what to spend enhancement points on in his later posts.
They made changes to Two Handed Fighting with the new strike through mechanic, so you will be tearing apart hordes of enemies now with exalted cleave from the Knights of the Chalice tree.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom