Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Shit, might as well give this a go again.
Okay now that more codexers are getting back into the game, are we all going to go to the Argossen Server where the RPG Codex Guild used to be? Do we have a teamspeak or Discord? How is this going to work?

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
You should ask Crispy about the guild.

Oh, okay. Crispy is there a codex guild still or is it gone now. Should we start another codex guild?
Also, to the returning players in this thread, were you guys on different servers before? Should we all just go to the same server and try to play together?

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Well that's okay. We can still all share updates about how we are finding the game and give each other advice and tips on how to play the game.
I'm just happy I got people on here interested in it again. I'm on the Sarlona server personally, so if any decide to go there I might run into you.
I'm pretty much going to be soloing all the stuff I can so I can learn the game and quests following this guide https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...g-Paladin-18-Rogue-2-for-Free-to-play-players

Anyway good luck everyone and have lots of fun :hug:

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Only ("easy") way to deal with traps for f2p-players. + evasion.

Not only that, you get a +10% tamper bonus to experience disabling traps. Also an experience bonus for finding hidden doors. Yeah it is not perfectly optimized, but if your only going to Lv20 for heroic reincarnation it makes sense.
Plus, it teaches you where traps are so if you play a character that can't deal with them you don't kill yourself. Apparently traps were the number one killer of players in their hardcore league.

Reinhardt

Arcane
My current character is cursed. She's rogue. For some reason i've thought i created elf so i grabbed longsword after tutorial and was forced to fight wih weapon without proficiency until i finished collaborator quest. Now i managed to fall down under ice in mission where you must protect mage from fishpeople and died there. And it's just starting island...

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
My current character is cursed. She's rogue. For some reason i've thought i created elf so i grabbed longsword after tutorial and was forced to fight wih weapon without proficiency until i finished collaborator quest. Now i managed to fall down under ice in mission where you must protect mage from fishpeople and died there. And it's just starting island...

Are you using a cleric hireling? You can buy a level 1 cleric hireling for some money at the hireling vendor in town and summon them at the start of the quest. You can easily afford them by just selling some of your random loot you find, they are dirt cheap. They will provide healing for you. Don't buy the gold seal ones those are a rip off and cost real money.
And trust me don't worry, we all started off completely shit at this game. You'll slowly learn and get better.:salute:

I seriously recommend using the guide in my signature, even if you don't use the build it will help you a lot.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I seriously recommend using the guide in my signature, even if you don't use the build it will help you a lot.

I only own few adventure packs. How i use the cupon? Anyway, frost warlock is being relative hard to level up. Too much undeads. At least now i have black tentacles... And are this adventure packs permanent?

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Redemption, iirc.
Oh now I got you. You mean those cannith crystals that shoot the jets of ice that instant kill you right? Here you go this will help
I'm on Sarlona. If I was on the same server I was going to offer to show you myself. But don't worry this well help you out.
Also, if you ever get stuck on something else you can use this too if you don't like videos https://ddowiki.com/page/Quests_by_level_and_XP

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
No, i mean in final room where you defend the mage i somehow managed to fall under the ice and drowned.
Oh, now I got you. You didn't realize the barrier was going to go up in that final part and got stuck under the water or you got really unlucky and clipped through the barrier and got stuck right? Yeah they should really place that barrier further back to prevent that.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
i somehow managed to fall under the ice and drowned.
I just remembered! If something like that happens again where you clip through something or get stuck somewhere type "/stuck"(without quotation marks) in the chat.
It teleports you to the nearest doorway or something and you can continue the quest.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I try to change teh resolution with CTRL + O but the game crashes. Since you know far more than i, there are any config file which i can change teh resolution without the game crashing?

And thanks for the help with the cuppon. Ravenloft quests are great
Avdhvdj.png

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Ravenloft quests are great

Unfortunately, the expansions including Ravenloft aren't bundled with the coupon. Before they announced the free quest coupon, when Covid-19 hit starting in February and March they made all content including expansions free for everyone. It was only supposed to go on till the end of April, but it must have driven the game's traffic up a hugeeeeeee amount cause then they extended it to the end of May. And then on June 3 they announced the free questing coupon in that amazing update that had the community shitting their pants with glee and how the coupon and expansions for 99 points would be available to the end of August 31.

If you check the DDO store in game you can normally buy the expansion quests on there own under the Adventure Pack tab, but now the only Adventure Packs available are the Menace of the Underdark and Shadowfell for 99 points. I'm assuming this is cause they have extended all content including expansions being free until August 31 and they don't want anyone to accidentally buy the adventure packs and sue their ass. Unfortunately, they didn't put the latest two expansions Ravenloft and Masterminds of Sharn on sale.

I bought the Underdark, Shadowfell, and Ravenloft on Black Friday when they were 50% off, which in hindsight was a very poor financial decision given what ended up happening. With all the quests being available you can probably grind enough points from favor that by the time September 1 rolls around you can buy the expansion quests in the DDO store for Ravenloft. Of course they will probably have it on sale for Black Friday again this year, so you can just wait till then and get it dirt cheap. I've heard Ravenloft is good but I don't know what people think about Sharn.

As for me knowing stuff, I really don't know as much as you guys think. I started the game in September last year and joined a guild on the Orien server. However, I made a terrible mistake. It turns out the guild was run by a guy who was a former Mechwarrior Online player and he was trying to get his Mechwarrior friends to play DDO with him. Problem is, they wanted to play everything but DDO. I had to wait so long listening to them play other games and then they would only play DDO with me for 5-20min. That's why after months my highest level character was only lv14. I got so pissed off that in January I pretty much ghosted them and left the game. I dipped my toes back in and then decided to jump back once they announced the free quest coupon. I'm now determined to do all the quests I can on my first life with this character and get to lv30. Enjoy the game, without assholes stopping me from leveling cause they wanted me to stay at level with them when they decided to play 5min a week.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom