Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DX:HR leak impressions

Data4

Arcane
The sweet simplicity of the tap on the shoulder BAM! is great, especially following some smartass comment by the victim. If you're gonna have these mini-cutscene takedowns, might was well make them lulzy.

baronjohn

Cipher
Well the best takedown is when he grasps the top of their head in his robo-hand, detaches his wrist and then spins them around rapidly about their axis to break their neck. I thought that was really...

VISCERAL

There, I said it.

Esquilax

Arcane
That video has changed my mind on this whole takedown thing. :lol: :lol:

Adam Jensen, mechanically augmented woman-beater. Awesome.

Phelot

Arcane
Azalin said:

That shit is great to watch even if it's the same animations over and over again. I'm probably going to have to get this so I can take out my aggression on futuristic women.

EDIT: The takedown of that awful male dancer was great. Oh man, it's like slapping the face of the God of Hipsters.

But how do these takedowns work? It seems lame... are they like finishing moves or something?

Renegen

Arcane
Taketowns require 1 energy bar to be used. You start the game with 2 energy bars and can go up to 5 energy bars I think. Only the first ever regenerates I believe (except in some peaceful areas where all your bars regenerate). Basically, it means you cannot spam takedown, since they are so useful. Double takedown is another aug you can have.

Renegen

Arcane
Renegen said:
Taketowns require 1 energy bar to be used. You start the game with 2 energy bars and can go up to 5 energy bars I think. Only the first ever regenerates I believe (except in some peaceful areas where all your bars regenerate). Basically, it means you cannot spam takedown, since they are so useful. Double takedown is another aug you can have.

J1M said:
I have no idea what you mean by a 'completionist walkthrough'. Why would I care what someone writes in a strategy guide?

The completionist walkthrough can be called I guess the min-max walkthrough, the powergaming walkthrough. It's the one where you try to do everything, complete every quest etc Since people rarely roleplay in computer games, it's like 90% of how people play.

Renegen

Arcane

J1M said:
I have no idea what you mean by a 'completionist walkthrough'. Why would I care what someone writes in a strategy guide?

The completionist walkthrough can be called I guess the min-max walkthrough, the powergaming walkthrough. It's the one where you try to do everything, complete every quest etc Since people rarely roleplay in computer games, it's like 90% of how people play.

Gerrard

Arcane
2cs8hza.jpg

MCA
SuicideBunny said:
you fuckers made me preorder it.... shame on you.

Same here. This was totally unexpected because I was convinced that it would be utter total shit beyond any salvage.

I'm only angry at the price difference between Augmented and Collector's Editions. How can a mere AJ figure justify a price difference of hundred fucking dollars?

J1M

Arcane
villain of the story said:
SuicideBunny said:
you fuckers made me preorder it.... shame on you.

Same here. This was totally unexpected because I was convinced that it would be utter total shit beyond any salvage.

I'm only angry at the price difference between Augmented and Collector's Editions. How can a mere AJ figure justify a price difference of hundred fucking dollars?
Don't be a moron. It's awesome that the Augmented Edition for PC is the same price as a normal copy for console, only $10 more, and you get everything you would normally see in a CE. Why do you want a plastic doll?

J1M

Arcane
Renegen said:
Renegen said:

J1M said:

I'm certain that aside from maybe hacking and jump you will be able to do everything in the game without any augs. Dropping a couple of aug points into aiming to become extremely accurate all the time with every weapon, including those that don't take the laser sight upgrade, sounds a lot like min/maxing to me.

LordDenton

Augur
What's the official word on the type of DRM infection (if any) that will be present in the retail boxed edition?

Multi-headed Cow

Steamworks. Haven't heard of anything else on it yet.

J1M said:
I'm certain that aside from maybe hacking and jump you will be able to do everything in the game without any augs.

If the hardest difficulty proves to be too easy, one can always go aug-less for the added challenge.

LordDenton

Augur
baronjohn said:
What a shame.
What a shame indeed. They create a great game, and then go ahead and make it inaccessible by encapsulating it with Steam.

In a way it's good for my wallet, since I pirate any Steam-infected game I want to play, but I also feel bad for not being able to support the developer (since supporting them would force me to support Steam as well, in addition to getting an inaccessible product).

After the online DRM explosion these past few years my game collection growth has almost halted. I used to buy dozens of games every year, but now it's been reduced to 2-3 purchases per year (since it has to be a game I like, AND shouldn't come with any online DRM) while the rest come from ThePirateBay.

Data4

Arcane
So, no boxed edition? Steam doesn't bother me any more. Rather that than something that tells me I'm not allowed to use DAEMON Tools or whatever.

Radisshu

Prophet
I'll probably get this on PS3. The only PS3 games I own that I really like right now are New Vegas and Demon's Souls. And Yakuza 3.

Data4

Arcane
Radisshu said:
I'll probably get this on PS3. The only PS3 games I own that I really like right now are New Vegas and Demon's Souls. And Yakuza 3.

Dust 514 and the Uncharted games are all threatening to make me dust off my PS3.

Radisshu

Prophet
Destroid said:
It's cheaper to trade it in than buy more games to justify it.

I don't want to trade it in, I like those games. Plus I can play bluerays and shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom