Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - zombie survival with choice & consequence

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
what is it with these plots that involves races against time and finding family members who went missing.
It was the average polish life under communism

Last edited:

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Finished it and the main story is just retarded. The parkour an exploration are very nice but man the side quests are boring as hell and repetitive.

This is not the same game Avellone was presenting in 2019. The choices and consequences are mostly bullshit with almost no impact on the world.The final act is a fucking joke and rushed as hell. Colonel Willliams seems the most interesting char and he has like a few min of screen time. You can;t do missions for the renegades or join them. You hear all the game people talking about the colonel and i was expecting some interesting interactions. Silly me expecting Techland to be able to write something decent. The idiots shoot themsleves in the foot with Chris: cut his work, fired him, lied about DRM untill a week before launch and launched a rushed game similar to cyberpunk. These fuckers should have learned something from Cyberpunk's failure but they proved to be fucking retards. The simple story from the first game is miles better than what we got here.

Like an idiot i bought the game on steam a month ago and it just got cracked this week. Waste of fucking money. Will never buy anything from these fuckers.

Last edited:

Old Hans

Arcane
I've noticed a trend with these games that come out sucky, like dying light 2 and cyberpunk. they have those really lame pre release inside look life style videos hosted by some dumb ass. I think its a big red flag.

the story in this game is so lame. what is it with these plots that involves races against time and finding family members who went missing. Just stop it.
I have to double down on this. The ideal RPG protagonist is an orphan with 0 family members. Chasing after lost family members is some of the least engaging narrative devices.

kris

Arcane
the story in this game is so lame. what is it with these plots that involves races against time and finding family members who went missing. Just stop it.
I have to double down on this. The ideal RPG protagonist is an orphan with 0 family members. Chasing after lost family members is some of the least engaging narrative devices.

I was almost gonna say it was good in Pirates!, but when thinking about it the story about the family was almost detrimenal for the game. It was way better as the pirate sandbox without a saving family backstory.

Codex Year of the Donut
can only think of a handful of rpgs where family members aren't more than minor side characters
if I exclude "race against time to find family member":
in shadowrun hong kong your character's brother is one of the better characters in the game
demonicon involves weird german sex with your sister

probably missing some I can't think of now but idk, doesn't seem that common

Old Hans

Arcane
can only think of a handful of rpgs where family members aren't more than minor side characters
if I exclude "race against time to find family member":
in shadowrun hong kong your character's brother is one of the better characters in the game
demonicon involves weird german sex with your sister

probably missing some I can't think of now but idk, doesn't seem that common
just seeing it once every several years feels like a lot. 2015 was the double whammy with Witcher 3 and Fallout 4. ESPECIALLY Fallout 4 cause fallout 3 had you looking for your dumb dad.

vota DC

Augur
Finished it and the main story is just retarded. The parkour an exploration are very nice but man the side quests are boring as hell and repetitive.

This is not the same game Avellone was presenting in 2019. The choices and consequences are mostly bullshit with almost no impact on the world.The final act is a fucking joke and rushed as hell. Colonel Willliams seems the most interesting char and he has like a few min of screen time. You can;t do missions for the renegades or join them. You hear all the game people talking about the colonel and i was expecting some interesting interactions. Silly me expecting Techland to be able to write something decent. The idiots shoot themsleves in the foot with Chris: cut his work, fired him, lied about DRM untill a week before launch and launched a rushed game similar to cyberpunk. These fuckers should have learned something from Cyberpunk's failure but they proved to be fucking retards. The simple story from the first game is miles better than what we got here.

Like an idiot i bought the game on steam a month ago and it just got cracked this week. Waste of fucking money. Will never buy anything from these fuckers.
And even with future DLC you won't joint Renegades? They are weird developers....they even added the japanese tourist DLC.

Joyvankek

Learned
Just got my free copy of the game, and so far I am not exactly impressed. Gameplay wise is meh to bearable. Parkour is step down from the first, at least in my opinion.
Speaking of parkour it feels more A'c styled, and I prefer something like Mirrors Edge or more bare basic but still good one from the DL1.
Story is shit but so was story from 1.
Hard to tell with factions, since I just started. But so far I see a commune of anarchy hippes that like to hang random people and hate muh capitalizmuz. Then we have well organized group that based itself on military type hierarchy, though maybe to heavy on the whole totalitarianism side of thing.
Though knowing Techland both of those will be shit later on.

Generally I am happy that Denuvo saved me money on purchase.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
These fuckers should have learned something from Cyberpunk's failure but they proved to be fucking retards

They are polish, at the first opportunity of success and being able to wear satin slippers at work, while sipping a coffee from a 100k USD coffeemaker, bought by preorders from retarded fools, while doing literally nothing in the office for 7 hours out of 8, they of course will milk it till the end. Imagine that you get handsomely paid for slacking at work for years, and then at the last month you just do something half assed, and call it done. That's the mindset of average polish dev, the mindset of nouveau rich scumbag, that achieved their first success, and after that knowing that everything good come to end, tries to milk the franchise last more time.

Downloaded the game from "blackbeard bay", tried it, it's total garbage. Art direction with city looking like zoomers raised on fortnite did the art, ragdoll, color palette, TAA implementation, memory leak that cause your game to slow down to crawl after few hours when using RT, unimmersive combat without feeling, shit nighttime, soulless shit with even worse story than 1. Only great part is the music, the soundtrack is really amazing with combination of synthetizers and orchestra, and generally speaking parkour and its animations/moves were improved. The gameplay in DL1 uplifted the story that was dragging down that game, to give you overally enjoyable gameplay experience, right now there's nothing that can rise this game to being enjoyable. The cutscene galore is completely out of hand, if your engine force you to make cutscenes every fucking two minutes, then fucking change the engine or modify it, it's not 2008 where QTE and cutscenes are interesting for general audience or something "novel". After 3 hours i've started skipping dialogues looking at how crap they were. Polish retarded leftists dropped Avellone, and i think this had impact -they most likely hired some retard who made the plot in the last two months of the game, hence complete fetch quest bonanza retardness reddit tier shit plot.

I will try to play this game further, but i don't have any hopes. I'm at least looking to unlock some skills to make this combat more enjoyable, but so far what i've seen from youtube high lever players is speeding through map like sonic and shitting around with some AoE, doesn't look that interesting tbh.

Joyvankek

Learned
These fuckers should have learned something from Cyberpunk's failure but they proved to be fucking retards

They are polish, at the first opportunity of success and being able to wear satin slippers at work, while sipping a coffee from a 100k USD coffeemaker, bought by preorders from retarded fools, while doing literally nothing in the office for 7 hours out of 8, they of course will milk it till the end. Imagine that you get handsomely paid for slacking at work for years, and then at the last month you just do something half assed, and call it done. That's the mindset of average polish dev, the mindset of nouveau rich scumbag, that achieved their first success, and after that knowing that everything good come to end, tries to milk the franchise last more time.
You seem awfuly biased towards Poland. Did your car got stolen? Or maybe you got beaten up by some gopniks?

The disaster that is Cyberpunk had other causes than devs just being lazy. We had the den of incompetency, idiocy and corruption also known as Polish Government putting their dicks into the CDPR in return for some shekels they threw their way.
Most of the experienced devs from Witcher series blew the fuck out of the company some time ago.
If you want laziness and incompetency then look no further than to middle to upper management.

Finally we have this:

notpl

Arbiter
I get that this is a job you've taken on for yourself but do you really think anyone cares about the making of the music for a mediocre zombie game from a year ago?

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
I preferred the sense of dread and depression in the first game, here it's full on epic tones whereas in the first game, you can feel it's the end of the world. Pure depression and horror, I loved that. Imo they should have doubled down into the horror category but they decided otherwise, probably to catter to more casual audience.
I think Pawel Blaszczack did a fantastic job in Dying light and Dying light 2 pales in comparison:

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I get that this is a job you've taken on for yourself but do you really think anyone cares about the making of the music for a mediocre zombie game from a year ago?
Yes tbh, the dark synth soundtrack of the first game was phenomenal. Ryzer already linked Horizon, which was absolutely perfect at instilling that sense of trapped, hopeless dread.

An appropriate soundtrack is severely underrated as an aspect of worldbuilding. I don't dislike the soundtrack to DL2 at all, but I was disappointed that Blaszczak wasn't reprising his role from the first game.

Last edited:

Fargus

Arcane
Yeah, soundtrack in the first game was awesome. One of the first things i did after playing through was downloading the soundtrack.

I can't even bring myself to play the second game though, getting bored somewhere in the beginning of it. And it's been my library for some time. Maybe some mods will help and i will try again like with CP2077.

DL2 doesn't even have physics for zombies like in first game, though i heard you can add it back with a mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom