Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - zombie survival with choice & consequence

Codex Year of the Donut
Why the fuck did they had to include the bullshit x-ray vision that higlights loot and makes you see enemies through walls? I fucking hate this shit and it's so immersion breaking. Such lazy game design.
compensates for terrible game design, it's another example of designers holding you by the hand instead of doing their job

Codex Year of the Donut
Tbh i dont get why people were so outraged by cp 2077 but this one get a free pass.
uNw51ra.png

vota DC

Augur
Why the fuck did they had to include the bullshit x-ray vision that higlights loot and makes you see enemies through walls? I fucking hate this shit and it's so immersion breaking. Such lazy game design.
To lure stealth game players where you play as a cyborg.

ADL

Prophet
Either incompetence or sabotage. I'm leaning towards the latter. Dying Light 2's FSR implementation is the absolute worst I've ever seen. Intel's XeSS solution can't come quick enough. I'm so sick of these bullshit marketing deals.
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/form...lly-made-amd-fsr-look-worse-in-dying-light-2/
“This game is an NVIDIA sponsored title so FSR is missing the ultra quality preset along with having the sharpness value lowest as it can be to make the technology look bad.”

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So how is the game compared to the first? I can't play it yet.

Better combat than 1st game with caveats.

Better parkour than 1st game with caveats.

Campaign is like sleeping pills that someone shat on and then divided into different colored ones you have to pick from.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
So how is the game compared to the first? I can't play it yet.

Better combat than 1st game with caveats.

Better parkour than 1st game with caveats.

Campaign is like sleeping pills that someone shat on and then divided into different colored ones you have to pick from.
Dunno some set pieces in the campaign are pretty fun like climbing the tallest building in the city or blowing up the windmill I also think it's better than the campaign in the 1st game ( that is a very low bar I know but still improvment).

Soundtrack is also better at least for me has more music and tracks are more memorable.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Dunno some set pieces in the campaign are pretty fun like climbing the tallest building in the city or blowing up the windmill I also think it's better than the campaign in the 1st game ( that is a very low bar I know but still improvment).

There's a few interesting/exciting missions, but most of the storyline outstayed its welcome by a huge margin. What this game desperately needs is an option to bypass the campaign and just get into the good stuff.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The way the game builds internal conflict is really cheap, I already lost count of the number of quests where Aiden is sent to rescue someone, but the victim actually deliberately ran away and now you have to choose between lying or telling the truth. There are some interesting quests that raise intrigues about the world and existing characters, like the witch who lost both her eyes, but those are few and far between.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I finished the first game in ~37 hours while a couple of hours were spent in multiplayer. It was fun and I championed the game on codex.

But I will not touch DL2 because killing zombies doesn't have the same impact as in the first game .. and I'm not talking only about gore.

Zombies in DL1 were scary during the night, Zombies in DL2 are just filler content. I don't see the point in a game without any challenge.

vota DC

Augur
It Is true that despite the delay they scrapped Renegades as joinable faction? A strange choice, since there are peacekeepers and survivors, It Is like in a star wars game choosing between Rebels and Hutt Cartel.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I finished the first game in ~37 hours while a couple of hours were spent in multiplayer. It was fun and I championed the game on codex.

But I will not touch DL2 because killing zombies doesn't have the same impact as in the first game .. and I'm not talking only about gore.

Zombies in DL1 were scary during the night, Zombies in DL2 are just filler content. I don't see the point in a game without any challenge.

I think the problem is because the volatile zombie type in the first game was so strong, fast and numerous. It makes all the new zombie types in DL2 look like chumps.

Also, that first mission where you have to run from volatiles in DL1 is seared into my brain as one of the best non-scripted chases in video games.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Nothing was scrapped, guns and additional factions will become available as paid dlc.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Our first free DLC for Dying Light 2 Stay Human is coming! The Authority pack consists of three parts. You'll be able to claim them at Epic Games, XBox, Playstation and Steam stores to collect the full set. Visit the TechlandGG for more info! The first one's arriving soon, so stay tuned!

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Our first free DLC for Dying Light 2 Stay Human is coming! The Authority pack consists of three parts. You'll be able to claim them at Epic Games, XBox, Playstation and Steam stores to collect the full set. Visit the TechlandGG for more info! The first one's arriving soon, so stay tuned!

Free DLC my ass! They wanted to ask money for this but they changed their minds after the mild reception <- nobody is raving about the story.

When they said that they will support the game for 5 years they actually wanted to say that it will take 5 years to release the complete game.

Techland is disgusting.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

Free DLC my ass! They wanted to ask money for this but they changed their minds after the mild reception <- nobody is raving about the story.

When they said that they will support the game for 5 years they actually wanted to say that it will take 5 years to release the complete game.

Techland is disgusting.

Are you retarted nigger? They released the roadmap 1 month before game release and it was always a free dlc.

DL2_road_map-e1643125505664.png

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Techland is disgusting.

Are you retarted nigger? They released the roadmap 1 month before game release and it was always a free dlc.

DL2_road_map-e1643125505664.png

The fact that it was always supposed to be free doesn't help too much. This DLC should have been part of the release.

From what I've seen on twitch multiple streamers complained that content is missing towards the game's ending. I guess now we all know where that missing content is and who is gonna pay for it.

5+ Years of support should have been spelled 5+ Years of milking the fanbase.

typical user

Arbiter
5 years of support for first Dying Light was byproduct of studio's mismanagement. They were developing Hellraid before cancelling it and refurbishing bits into DL1 DLC. Most of the support the game got were minor events like low gravity, one-punch-man mode or cosmetics packs with different skins for Crane, buggy and a rifle. DL1 got a mobile app, battle royle mode (no one was asking for those). The only good addition was the prison gauntlet which allows you to farm golden weapons - it's pretty fun once you learn how to speedrun the areas! But in terms of support it only got this, Bozak Horde and The Following expansion. The rest of their support was nice to have but ultimately they were MTX or bunch of seasonal events with limited skins. In other words they were milking the franchise while simultanously failing to develop other standalone products which died in dev hell. DL2 was also close after it got postponed for nearly 2 years.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom