Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Eador Genesis

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by Anthony Davis, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Grif Learned

Grif
    Derp, I messed up a word there. I meant start conquering them by turn 2, instead of turn 3-4. And yes, if I play my cards right, I can conquer one province per turn. (I'm not playing at a particularly high difficulty, which might explain it). I usually will have them clear by turn 10, at the minimum, unless there's something particularly nasty I didn't want to face.

^ Top  
  2. InspectorRumpole Prophet

InspectorRumpole
    Just had a run with the Lizardmen, and boy I can't wait for the rework. They are simply not that strong.

I was planning on using them only, but then I found a Seraphim relic, and couldn't refuse.

He totally wrecked my economy, so I had to ditch most of the army

[​IMG]

But...look at him in battle, just look!

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  3. Higher Game Arcane

Higher Game
    I just got into this game. It's objectively an unbalanced mess, but with so much heart and a good concept behind it that it shouldn't be a surprise if fans fixed it up right. I'll try out that New Horizons mod.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Higher Game Arcane

Higher Game
    Ok, took a look at New Horizons and concluded that this is the kind of hardcore strategy game that will fuck you so hard up the ass you enjoy it. If you want to be manhandled by HOMMXXX on steroids and crystal meth, this is the game for you. Casual fags need not apply.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. bavarian kid Educated

bavarian kid
    New NH release 17.1001.b01 :cool: (Russian Version)

Changes among others:

1.) Female heroes, sample pictures only. Have to be enabled in Eador.cfg, Woman Characters (0 - not use/1 - use, default 0): 1.

[​IMG]

2. School of Nature Magic has level 5 building with perks now
    [​IMG]

and allows the hiring of Behemoths
    [​IMG]

Full list of changes

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • incline incline x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Dr Skeleton Cipher

Dr Skeleton
    Man, these portraits clash with the rest of the artstyle. So do behemoths, Eador is much closer to HoMM 2 than 3. :prosper:

Still, always good to have an update.

• Agree Agree x 5
    ^ Top  
  7. MrBuzzKill Cipher

MrBuzzKill
    Behemoth pic is a placeholder, right?

^ Top  
  8. Dr Skeleton Cipher

Dr Skeleton
    Probably. It's been there for a while though. It's a shame because most of the new sprites are pretty much indistinguishable in style from the original ones, whoever makes them does a really good job.

^ Top  
  9. Helton Arcane

Helton
    I've heard in New Horizons you can bring heros/units/items from shard to shard? I'm near the beginning of the campaign and so far haven't had that option. Is it an advantage you unlock? I'm really excited for that because most of the selectable advantages seem like trash but this could dramatically alter the opening sequence: if you had a high level swordsman or something along those lines.

Does anyone know how to do this/when it will become available? I think I've conquered 4 shards so far.

^ Top  
  10. Serus Arcane

Serus
    You can start with a unit (as selectable advantage) but i think it's a fresh one. Still if the unit is solid it might enable you a more aggressive/faster early play. Haven't played very far with the mod tough.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Dr Skeleton Cipher

Dr Skeleton
    You get more points in the astral and much better rewards for taking shards (good items and tier 1 units) than in the base game. No transfers between shards as far as I know, don't know if that's even possible in the engine.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Boon947 Literate

Boon947
    Hey DS, it seems like Jazz is about to release a new version of NH. Do you feel like helping out like you did last time? An English release around Xmas would be a nice present :)

^ Top  
  13. Dr Skeleton Cipher

Dr Skeleton
    Sure, I can have a look. I've played the latest Russian release a little, looks like there are some new abilities and buildings.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Emily Arcane

Emily
    It is actually very balanced game. Take.it from someone who played it for years.

The only "unbalanced" part is that at highest difficulties there are only viable two opening strategies. Sword plus healer,or barb plus healers.

^ Top  
  15. Matod Novice

Matod
    Hot seat thru teamviewer
    Hello , does anyone play with me new horizons mod for this in multiplayer please?

^ Top  
  16. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
    I just won two shards and finally beat that fucker Doh Gor and he just started a war on my shard. I'm really nervous about the whole "you lose the campaign if you lose this shard" clause.

^ Top  
  17. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Well, you know if you would be reduced to one province, you can restart the shard. And I think step backs works too.

(But I kinda dislike these battles, so when I'm attacked I tend to say fuck that. And use cheat engine to give myself proper gold to speed things up a bit.)

^ Top  
  18. InspectorRumpole Prophet

InspectorRumpole
    Any news on the latest NH version? :bounce:

^ Top  
  19. G.O.D Arcane Patron

G.O.D
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
    And any news about an English version?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    ^ Top  
  20. LibertyRansom Augur

LibertyRansom

The guy translating it advised that he only had 8 hours left to go back in November 2017. He stated he planned to have it out around Christmas. However, it has not been posted yet.

Source: http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=4144

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Lord Pickle Literate

Lord Pickle
    Pagans!
    Christmass is in january. There's still time...

• Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. InspectorRumpole Prophet

InspectorRumpole
    Fair enough. Christmas in Russia is the 7th of January right?

^ Top  
  23. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
    Jesus fucking christ, how am I supposed to be able to take provinces at the same rate as Doh-Gor while I'm defending my shard from him? I can see him with 6 extra provinces by the time I have 3. I can't fucking capture one every turn when 2 of the ones near me have 9 barbarians, 1 has slugs with lizardmen, one has dwarves and ballista, one has the prince's men, and one has 9 undead including ghouls. It is not numerically possible to amass an army with the strength to be taking these fights and winning them every turn to keep up the same rate of expansion as Doh-Gor, much less even winning one of them. This is total bullshit.

^ Top  
  24. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Slugs with lizardmen are T2 provinces. If you can beat up dwarves one ballista is typically non issue. And that undead province, one ghoul or two?

^ Top  
  25. Matod Novice

Matod
    Valky it's not that hard, if you play game long enough you will understand.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2018
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.