Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Eidolons: Netherflame - a dark hardcore turn-based RPG

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Well-well, don’t pass up your chance to contribute to rpg-innovation. But thanks for the benefit of doubt!

My bad, didn't realize you were the dev as you share the same avatar as a guy praising BG every other post whom i trust as far as i can throw him.

Good luck in your endeavor, the genre could really use some incline.

EiDemiurge

Wyrmring
Developer
Even in the dungeons (I'm assuming) screen. Orbs glow. Potions glow. Portraits have blue outer glow. Boss has red, black, white outer glow. Why not just brighten the element you want to highlight.

The boss is made up of parts, it's a mess so far but I think it can be done well. The red-highlighted claw just had its turn and was still glowing for a time after it. But I get your point, it could use toning down.

My bad, didn't realize you were the dev as you share the same avatar as a guy praising BG every other post whom i trust as far as i can throw him.

Good luck in your endeavor, the genre could really use some incline.

Thanks! I am still not fond of mentioning that it’s a semi-solo project of mine, it’s gotten embarrassingly out of scope over the years.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That seems needlessly confusing. I'm going to merge the two threads if you're going to post in both of them.

EiDemiurge

Wyrmring
Developer
That seems needlessly confusing. I'm going to merge the two threads if you're going to post in both of them.
How will it work? Ideally, the new header should be on the top, then maybe the old stuff, and the newer stuff in latest pages. Can it be done?

EiDemiurge
The screenshot and video gives me a heretical occultist vibe.

I am in!

But fuck you if you go Epic/Windows store exclusive.

I don't give one fuck about those stores, and they about me. Man, I'm a solo indie, steam and itch.io are my only hope. And game's crossplatform by design.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How will it work? Ideally, the new header should be on the top, then maybe the old stuff, and the newer stuff in latest pages. Can it be done?

I'm afraid not. I was expecting you to just post in this thread from now on to be honest. You could ask CryptRat to change his original post to be identical to the new header. He's a responsive guy.

EiDemiurge

Wyrmring
Developer
Hey CryptRat :)
So great, this multiplies confusion tenfold for me, now my two threads have the same name =)
Perhaps if this old one had a link to the new one in the header it would be better

EiDemiurge

Wyrmring
Developer
what is a RPG
A good question, but I think we all know the difference between Arcanum and Dark Souls, though both are kind of rpgs. I'm hoping to avoid the worst parts of both kinds.

I'm not gonna give my shekels for croudfunding, but surely I'll buy it after release. Is me or there is some "Disciples" series influence in this game?
You're right, Disciples was a major influence as far as setting and atmosphere go.
Well, I won't lie, we do need brouzoufs just to finish the thing. But I know crowdfunding's been getting bad rep lately, and for good reason.

I think it's been brought up plenty of times in the thread but I wanted to emphasise

I think the art itself really good especially the interface and map but I find the in-game presentation with the square character icons and how they are laid out to be very jarring to the point of confusing

EiDemiurge

Wyrmring
Developer
I know it's an uphill battle, but doing non-pixel-art stuff as an indie is a challenge, and I also don't use Unity out of spite. Here, check this out, it's a bit 'enhanced' with aftereffects, but it could actually be better if I can focus on ui/graphics for a few months.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

thinking.png
Is this the new title?

EiDemiurge

Wyrmring
Developer
Yep, you got there ahead of me, I was about to make the announcement!.. As you can guess, Jeff Vogel didn't exactly appreciate the Nethergate situation. Anyway, just hang in there, I'll make it official soon, and re-upload the video since this one is really just WIP :)
(For one thing, I fixed the damn title screen I think!)
ezgif-com-optimize-12.gif

Last edited:

EiDemiurge

Wyrmring
Developer
Thanks for posting again Abu Antar! Now there are a few things going on - firstly I'm planning out the 3rd and final video (which should really include more footage). Tell me if you have feedback about this video so I can fix things up in the next one!
And secondly - I've been experimenting with a more subdued palette, getting closer to my Disciples/PS:T inspirations, and here's what I came up with:

Time is flying fast, I really hope I won't have to put off the IGG campaign and launch it at least on 30th of April.

EiDemiurge

Wyrmring
Developer
Thanks Abu! Wanted to highlight a little the fact that I have given an interview recently to Turnbasedlovers.com, a small but nice place for our niche. It was fun, and hopefully no worse to read!

Here's the plain link

Trashos

Arcane
What is the time limit going to offer to your game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom