Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes - From Suikoden creators

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Was Marisa always there as the third protagonist? I had a feeling it was a Suikoden 2-style setup with Nowa and Seign.

Häyhä

Arbiter
She was there from the start, but I assume Nowa is the main protagonist for most of the game. Could imagine that Marisa will be meeting him and joining up at some point in the game.

Sentinel

Arcane
Now that's proper sprite art. Other devs should learn something. Don't know why we're still stuck with pixelshit in the year of our lord 2023.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Now that's proper sprite art. Other devs should learn something. Don't know why we're still stuck with pixelshit in the year of our lord 2023.
I mean, that 'proper' art is why the animations look janky. Obviously there's a tradeoff between making each frame super detailed and making more frames. Also, most of the decent 2D artists have vanished over the years because of graphics whores not wanting to play 2D games.

Personally I prefer less detailed sprites with more custom animations for things like expressing emotions, battle states like being injured or poisoned or whatever, and unique things for one-off events in game like kneeling down to open a sewer grate or something. Better than having pretty pictures that vibrate whenever they should be animating.

Terra

Cipher
Platform selection emails for backers are going out right now, tight window to select your platform too, selections lock in on Nov 24th so you haven't got long.

Häyhä

Arbiter
This has really shaped up quite nicely and I'm extremely glad for it. Liking the character profile pictures in dialogue. Hopefully it'll have some difficulty, more than Suikoden 1, about Suikoden 2 level would be nice with optional harder secret enemies to find.

Damn, have to go on a news blackout soon, I don't want too many spoilers when playing to game next spring.

Elttharion

Learned
Was Marisa always there as the third protagonist? I had a feeling it was a Suikoden 2-style setup with Nowa and Seign.
Old question but from the start they hinted she would have a major role in the game but just comparing what I imagine was the cover/key art for the game you can see they somewhat hid her in the beginning.

Eiyuden-Chronicle-Hundred-Heroes_2020_07-24-20_002.jpg

This is the current art:

header.jpg

She is much more prominent now. For me the fact she is a protagonist is a big decline because I am racist.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Even in the KS the black girl was given prominent role in updates and even in the decription page iirc

Jinn

Arcane
Looks pretty fantastic, and with a Hard Mode right at NG! Shaping up to be one of the better JRPG releases in recent years from everything I can see.

Damned Registrations

Can't say I'm a fan of these character designs, too many greebles and that dialogue is uncanny. But I'm sure I'll manage to find a party out of 100 or so of them, and I'll forgive pretty much anything if the gameplay is solid.

Damned Registrations

I don't mind anime designs but Marissa there has what... eight different accessories? And a pet. And her clothes have very detailed patterns too. It's too much.
NASCAR Image - ID: 315896 - Image Abyss

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Glad I didn't back this, they've already shit the bed and the game isn't even out yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom