Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Sacibengala

Prophet
I play From games since King's F*** Field 1 and they've always ran like crap. I'm not worried about that. From (almost) always succeeded in the gameplay aspect of their games, so, no surprises there. Can't wait to play the best openworld experience since King's Field 3, lol.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
W61C26C.png

lol, what a pathetic icon. Looks like a stretched 32x32.

recommended resolution to get 60fps

ADL

Prophet
From Software needs to outsource their PC ports because this is fucking bullshit. In August, we'll be ten years out since Dark Souls PTTD Edition released and they still can't get their shit together. Dark Souls Remastered was handled by QLOC and it has none of the problems that are consistent in the in-house ports.
Screenshot-2022-02-23-164031.png

Unfortunately it's okay when From Software does it

Brickfrog

Learned
*Sigh* another 3000 videos to be expected about the "cryptic, marvelous, sad and deep" lore.
Dark souls lore videos are the absolute lowest form of entertainment invented by man.

Would sooner watch dogfights or how I met your mother

Shrimp

Arbiter
From Software needs to outsource their PC ports because this is fucking bullshit. In August, we'll be ten years out since Dark Souls PTTD Edition released and they still can't get their shit together. Dark Souls Remastered was handled by QLOC and it has none of the problems that are consistent in the in-house ports.
Screenshot-2022-02-23-164031.png

Unfortunately it's okay when From Software does it
I hope the covenant grinding (or whatever the game's equivalent will be since they say there won't be covenants in the traditional sense) won't be too egregious if I can't edit in the currency items.
Farming the Anor Londo stairs in DS3 once was more than enough for me

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Off-topic cause this is hilarious:
  • Demon Souls (2009) – Metacritic 89 / OpenCritic N/A
  • Dark Souls (2011) – Metacritic 89 / OpenCritic N/A
  • Dark Souls 2 (2014) – Metacritic 91 / OpenCritic 88
  • Bloodborne (2015) – Metacritic 92 / OpenCritic 91
  • Dark Souls 3 (2016) – Metacritic 89 / OpenCritic 90
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (2019) Metacritic 90 / OpenCritic 90

Wtf is happening!?

>FROM bonus
>GRR Martin bonus
>the "we don't want to seem like we're out of touch" bonus

it's a 58

elden ring is one of those games that's "too big to fail" half the reviewers will be making articles in a month about how they need to add a difficulty option for 'accessibility'

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
i asked this once before

is magic fun now
Listened to Cowboy's review, apparently magic can be fun but spells vary wildly in usefulness and there is no poise so most enemies will simply walk up to you and slap you while you're trying to get off your awehsum megadestroy spell.

deem

Savant
Alexander DeLarge as long as they don't touch the artistic aspects of these games, that's fine. I still can't believe how terrible DS "Remaster" looks. The high contrast chiaroscuro gone. Somehow they managed to make the game look worse than DS2. Not to mention the god awful Demon's Souls "Remake". These people have no taste. Or no eyes.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
It is impossible to give the open world spin to a formula and not have it suffer from it.
I have 0% faith in this deluge of 10/10 being anything but journos going full retard on the incredible prospect of having MORE SPACE IN THE GAME. MORE SPACE DUDE. LOOK I USED TO SELECT THE LEVEL IN A MENU OR SOMETHING BUT NOW THERE'S GRASS IN THE MIDDLE !!!!11!1!1!11!!
Fuck you.

N0rn

Novice
Alexander DeLarge as long as they don't touch the artistic aspects of these games, that's fine. I still can't believe how terrible DS "Remaster" looks. The high contrast chiaroscuro gone. Somehow they managed to make the game look worse than DS2. Not to mention the god awful Demon's Souls "Remake". These people have no taste. Or no eyes.
It really was disheartening how some people praised the Demon's Souls Remake. These people really can't see artistic vision or intent, they just cream themselves when more unnecessary details are added. Bluepoint really are just a bunch of untalented hacks, elevating themselves by tainting games made by far better developers, and I hate how they gained some form of prestige in more general circles.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
One of the problems with social media is giving the illusion that all opinions carry the same weight.

ferratilis

Magister
Maybe the game really is shit, maybe the journos are just scared of the army of FromSoft fanboys sharpening their pitchforks in case of bad reviews, maybe Miyazaki is a talentless hack who can't evolve past Berserk references, poison swamps and Moonlight Greatsword, maybe Elden Ring just consists of Dark Souls 4 areas that were cut, then stretched over a vast barren landscape, cobbled up by some backstory about how the Lands Between are just Anor Londo turned upside down, by another talentless hack, GRR Martin.

But you know what? I'll still play the fuck out of this game, and love every moment of it.
:dealwithit:

N0rn

Novice
Damn, I would have never thought that I take Schreier's side in an argument, but here we are. Elden Ring's effect is really wondrous, even before its release it can turn enemies into comrades.
Also on a different note concerning the replies to that tweet, how the fuck is having to write stuff down an accessibility issues for people with memory problems? You write it down to not have to keep it in your memory, if I could just remember it I wouldn't have to write it down.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Damn, I would have never thought that I take Schreier's side in an argument, but here we are. Elden Ring's effect is really wondrous, even before its release it can turn enemies into comrades.
Also on a different note concerning the replies to that tweet, how the fuck is having to write stuff down an accessibility issues for people with memory problems? You write it down to not have to keep it in your memory, if I could just remember it I wouldn't have to write it down.

you STILL have to remember to get a pad of paper and a writing utensil, bigot

Shrimp

Arbiter
They want the writing part to be done for them.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
If Elden Ring somehow manages to bring normies to actually take notes or map stuff on a notebook, Miyazaki can officially be crowned game designer of the decade already.

I get it now. This was all a lure. The open world, the horseback jumping in the sky... Miyazaki is bringing normies to the notepad mapmaking, bringing 'em back in the 80s when he was a toddler himself, bringing 'em to Wizardry and Secret of the inner sanctum. You magnificent bastard, I knew you hated this shitty open world gimmick too. You merely used it to bring the masses back to the roots of incline.

Praise the sun !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom