Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Silverfish

Arbiter
MzgKcYQ.png

ER - 8 stats.
ESV - 18 skill trees.

ER - Guilds are badges you wear for pvp.
ESV - Guilds offer lengthy questlines and unique rewards.

ER - Promotes George R.R. Martin.
ESV - Released just before Game of Thrones became a big hit, Martin has little to no influence.

ER - Body Type A/B.
ESV - Ten races, male and female options, several presets.

Did we get too cocky, Frombros?

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Turns out both my PS4 controllers have been ruined by being pissed on by a cat.

Is the Xbox controller simply much more durable? I bought one like 10+ years ago and it's still the same controller I use with Elden Ring.
No idea. My friend went through a lot of xbox controllers but he's a sperg and throws them when he's mad. One time I went round to his house and he needed a lift to go get a new phone. On my way over he'd thrown his controller on his bed and it hit his phone and smashed it lol.

I'll have to replace my controllers tomorrow. Quite an expense for an unemployable pureblood like myself, but I'll manage. I won't be leaving them in the lounge any more. Surprisingly the console itself is fine. The cat pisses on that too (I used to keep my controllers on top of it) and its always worked ok. I hope that cat dies soon. I love cats but he isn't cute, he's evil looking and he's bullied three generations of my own cats. He comes in and attacks them in their own house. Bastard thing.

Gearmos

Educated
ER - 8 stats.
ESV - 18 skill trees.

ESV - Released just before Game of Thrones became a big hit, Martin has little to no influence.

ER - Body Type A/B.

You left these out:
ER - Dragons/mobs exist to kill you.
ESV - Dragons/mobs are there for you to slay.

ER - Dungeon traps can kill you in one hit.
ESV - Traps only take 5% of your life bar. Why bother dodging?

ER - Hidetaka Miyazaki
ESV - Todd Howard

Curratum

ER - 8 stats.
ESV - 18 skill trees.

ER - Body Type A/B.

You left these out:
ER - Dragons/mobs exist to kill you.
ESV - Dragons/mobs are there for you to slay.

ER - Dungeon traps can kill you in one hit.
ESV - Traps only take 5% of your life bar. Why bother dodging?

ER - Hidetaka Miyazaki
ESV - Todd Howard

I swear, Lutte is spot-on about autists and jokes, metaphors and online discourse.

Sacibengala

Prophet
New patch.

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/elden-ring-patch-notes-v1-03

Major Changes Included in the Latest Update
Additional Elements Added
  • Added a function to record an icon and the name of an NPC on the map when you encounter that NPC.
  • Added NPC Jar-Bairn.
  • Added new quest phases for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nepheli Loux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostoc.
  • Added some summonable NPCs in multiple situations.
  • Increased the number of patterns of objects player can imitate when using Mimic’s Veil.
  • Added night background music for some open field area.
Bug Fixed
  • Fixed a bug that prevented summoned NPCs from taking damage in some boss battles.
  • Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from obtaining item after boss battle.
  • Fixed a bug that causes dialogue to be skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom key configurations.
  • Fixed a bug that causes the player to freeze when riding.
  • Fixed a bug that causes arcane to scale incorrectly for some weapons.
  • In situation where the player cannot obtain more than 2 talisman pouches, added talisman pouch to Twin Maiden Husks shop line up.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the user from warping to sites of grace from the map at the end of the game.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the player from moving to the next area after the battle with the Fire Giant.
  • Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to have incorrect scaling after strengthening.
  • Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to not use stat scaling.
  • Fixed hang-ups in certain occasions.
  • Fixed a bug which incorrectly displays multiplayer area boundary when playing online.
  • Fixed a bug that allows player to activate Erdtree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack using a special combination of item and incantation.
  • Fixed a bug which causes Fire’s Deadly Sin incantation to have different effect.
  • Fixed a bug with the Ash of War, Determination and Royal Knight's Resolve, where the damage buff will also apply to other weapons without that skill.
  • Adjusted the visual effect of Unseen Form spell.
  • Deleted the Ragged armor set from the game which was mistakenly obtainable in previous patch.
  • Fixed a bug that causes some hostile NPCs to drop Furlcalling Finger Remedy.
  • Fixed a bug that causes incorrect sound effect to play in some situations.
  • Fixed a bug which causes visual animation and hitboxes to not be displayed correctly on some maps.
  • Fixed bugs which causes incorrect visual and behavior for some enemies.
  • Fixed a bug that causes incorrect stat parameter for some armor.
  • Text fixes.
  • Other performance improvement and bug fixes.
Balance Changes
  • Increased the drop rate of Smithing Stone for some enemies.
  • Added Smithing Stone to some early game shop line up.
  • Increased shield’s effectiveness.
  • Increased the damage for all offensive cracked pot items.
  • Increased the damage for the following items: Spark Aromatic/Poison Spraymist.
  • Increased the effect duration for the following items: Uplifting Aromatic/ Ironjar Aromatic.
  • Increased HP healing for Torrent when using the following items: Rowa Raisin/ Sweet Raisin/ Frozen Raisin
  • Reduced FP consumption and increased the damage of the following sorceries: Glintstone Cometshard/ Comet/ Night Comet
  • Increased the damage of the following sorceries: Gravity Well/ Collapsing Stars/ Crystal Barrage
  • Decreased FP consumption of the following sorceries: Star Shower/ Rock Blaster/ Gavel of Haima/ Founding Rain of Stars/ Stars of Ruin/Greatblade Phalanx/Magic Downpour/ Loretta’s Greatbow/ Loretta’s Mastery/ Carian Greatsword/ Carian Piercer/ Shard Spiral
  • Raised projectile speed and range of Great Glintstone Shard
  • Decreased Ash of War, Hoarfrost Stomp's damage and increase cast time.
  • Increased Ash of War, Bloody Slash's self-inflict damage while slightly lowering the damage and increasing the cast time.
  • Decreased weapon skill, Sword of Night and Flame’s damage.
  • Increased FP consumption and lower duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.
  • Changed FP consumption timing of Ash of War, Prelate’s Charge.
  • Decreased the damage of spirit summoned when using the item Mimic Tear Ash and changed the spirit’s behavior pattern.
  • Other enemy and weapon balance changes
The version number of this update shown at the lower right corner of the Title Screen will be as follows:

• App Ver. 1.03
  • Regulation Ver. 1.03.1
Online play requires the player to apply this update.
games crashing like hell after this update. and performance are worse. wtf

If anyone got this happening as well, I just verified the archives on steam and it seems to be corrected now. I need to play more to see if it worked, though.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Nerfing bloody slash but leaving Moonveil untouched huh? I see how it is Fromsoft.
They nerfed it too apparently.

Hoarfrost stomp seems absolutely gutted, like it's dealing 1/3rd or half of the damage it dealt before. Pretty cool of From to completely eliminate a viable weapon in the game a month after release. Soon we will be back to spamming power stanced curved swords.

edit: they also nerfed all str weapons because the bug which caused them to do more damage before +25 was just them doing too much damage in general...

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
edit: they also nerfed all str weapons because the bug which caused them to do more damage before +25 was just them doing too much damage in general...
Then they didn't nerf STR weapons, they nerfed weapon damage in general. All weapons with different letters in STR and DEX had that bug. I think this makes sense, damage numbers seemed a bit overtuned.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Finished the game at some ~70h. Did all the remembrance bosses and most of the evergaols.

It's been a while since I've played a FS game but in my mind this is probably the least entertaining one so far, which is still pretty entertaining mind you. I certainly feel like I got my money's worth.

There are some very good elements in some of the legacy dungeons level design as well as the general visual design but pretty much everything else is a downgrade from previous games. Story/ setting, music, balance, boss design, etc.

The highlights of the game for me were stormveil castle, Raya lucaria and Margit, after Margit difficulty collapsed or in a few instances just felt like bullshit (radahn). Oh, and Mogh was pretty fun too.

It's sad when a game with such an amazing abundance of great content doesn't quite come together and is merely OK, when it could have one of the best if not the best FS game so far. Nothing would have been lost and much could have been gained by cutting the game in half and focusing the content.

I haven't played DeS yet but I got the remake so I'll try that and see how it compares to elden ring.

One last reflection, I feel like FS games should just do away with the roll and use something like the bloodhound dash instead, it's more fun and responsive.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
elden-ring.png

I think I'll take a break from this for a while. I'm not having too much fun with the PvP, and I don't think today's patch will do enough for me to enjoy it as I'd like. I will probably pick this up again in the near future to try different builds (STR/FAITH and FAITH/INT), and then wait for DLCs.

Curratum

There will be no DLCs, I think.
These people have already sold more than 12M copies and you think they aren't going to come up with some kind of DLC? That would require some crazy Pierre levels of money-hating.

I think they stopped doing DLCs with Sekiro and said somewhere in an old publication that the game won't have DLC, but who knows.

The story is so shit and non-existent, it can accommodate a virtually endless amount of "lore" and "story" expansions. :D

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Could be Sekiro didn't get any DLC coz they needed to wrap up ER stat.

Would be weird tho, DLCs are a bit of a FS' trademark by now.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
There will be no DLCs, I think.
These people have already sold more than 12M copies and you think they aren't going to come up with some kind of DLC? That would require some crazy Pierre levels of money-hating.

I think they stopped doing DLCs with Sekiro and said somewhere in an old publication that the game won't have DLC, but who knows.

The story is so shit and non-existent, it can accommodate a virtually endless amount of "lore" and "story" expansions. :D

Maybe they could sell you a dodge tutorial. But what do you care, the game's literally more unplayable with each patch or so I hear. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom