Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok out of curiosity, which bosses you couldn't solo and had to resort to ashes or sunbros?

I wouldn't mind some numbers either - like "Maliketh kept raping me so after 112 attempts I summoned my Mimic".

Sunri

Liturgist
When I see boss complainers I imagine them like this guy who just died before he even got to the boss lol

QdpgHBr.png
>double katana

Bleed is best option for co op because bosses get giant boost to hp sometimes i think that game is harder with other players than solo.

Salvo

Arcane
Last edited:

Sunri

Liturgist
When I see boss complainers I imagine them like this guy who just died before he even got to the boss lol

QdpgHBr.png
>double katana

Bleed is best option for co op because bosses get giant boost to hp sometimes i think that game is harder with other players than solo.
This is the guy telling you to git gut btw :lol:

It seems that your brain is already rotten after Malenia pegged you, I'm assisting other players and I will use the best weapons to quickly finish the job and help them progress.

Salvo

Arcane

QdpgHBr.png
>double katana

It seems that your brain is already rotten after Malenia pegged you, I'm assisting other players and I will use the best weapons to quickly finish the job and help them progress.
How about you assist players by not being a smug retard and worsening any community you join by simply existing

Sunri

Liturgist

QdpgHBr.png
>double katana

How about you assist players by not being a smug retard and worsening any community you join by simply existing

The community can't be any worse after crying fags like you joined and caused boss nerfs with their whining.

Salvo

Arcane

QdpgHBr.png
>double katana

The community can't be any worse after crying fags like you joined and caused boss nerfs with their whining.
You retarded mouthbreaking potatodrinker, I've been playing the Souls franchise since the original PtD release on PC, there's lack of skill and there's purposely overblown or broken mechanics and ER is the latter, now go pat yourself on the back for hijacking a decade old meme to shut down any criticism of this mess of a game

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So I tried a greatsword build, a freezing build and a blood build, no dice with Melania.

Ultimately I had to switch online and start summoning. It took 5 attempts with sunbros to get her. And yes, the dude was using Swarm of Flies all the time.

Btw what's the consensus on Melania in the hardcore community? I assume they're creaming their pants but you never know...
I'm not part of any "hardcore community" so I have no idea of what's the consensus around those parts, but I'm a hardcore fan myself and I consider Malenia the best boss in the game, only rivaled in terms of atmosphere and general design by Radagon, the Elden Beast, Rykard, Mohg, Maliketh, Placidusax, and the Regal Ancestor Spirit. Her attacking relentlessly and dancing around with those giant wings made of butterflies that partially cover her moves make for an incredible encounter IMHO. The fight is absolutely brutal, which is something that can't be said for any other boss in this game. I get why people may consider it "too hard" or "unfair", but she is more than beatable thanks to spirit ashes and online coop. People undertaking arbitrary challenges like "no summoning" really have no room to complain about the difficulty. As someone who plays all souls on a yearly basis and completed most "reasonable" challenge runs (100% SL 1 and no-death runs) for almost all entries, she is the only boss that killed me more than 3 times on my first playthrough and the only enemy that killed me 2 times on my second one. Anyway, regardless of the challenge factor, I consider her one of the best bosses in the series in almost all possible aspects.

Ok out of curiosity, which bosses you couldn't solo and had to resort to ashes or sunbros?

I wouldn't mind some numbers either - like "Maliketh kept raping me so after 112 attempts I summoned my Mimic".
On my first playthrough I never used ashes or summoned.

I died once to Godrick, the Crucible Knight duo, the Godskin duo, and Placidusax. Twice to Radagon/Elden Beast. Three times to Maliketh and the first Tree Sentinel. Five to Malenia. I can't remember how many times the first Crucible Knight killed me, but I faced him severely underleveled as soon as I got to the evergaol.

Sunri

Liturgist

QdpgHBr.png
>double katana

You retarded mouthbreaking potatodrinker, I've been playing the Souls franchise since the original PtD release on PC, there's lack of skill and there's purposely overblown or broken mechanics and ER is the latter, now go pat yourself on the back for hijacking a decade old meme to shut down any criticism of this mess of a game

I didn't ask for your life story but decade of playing the same games and still bad damm I guess some people just can't improve their skill and loser mentality, good thing that you have always something else to blame.

Salvo

Arcane

QdpgHBr.png
>double katana

I didn't ask for your life story but decade of playing the same games and still bad damm I guess some people just can't improve their skill and loser mentality, good thing that you have always something else to blame.
ok dexfag

Salvo

Arcane
So I tried a greatsword build, a freezing build and a blood build, no dice with Melania.

Ultimately I had to switch online and start summoning. It took 5 attempts with sunbros to get her. And yes, the dude was using Swarm of Flies all the time.

Btw what's the consensus on Melania in the hardcore community? I assume they're creaming their pants but you never know...
I'm not part of any "hardcore community" so I have no idea of what's the consensus around those parts, but I'm a hardcore fan myself and I consider Malenia the best boss in the game, only rivaled in terms of atmosphere and general design by Radagon, the Elden Beast, Rykard, Mohg, Maliketh, Placidusax, and the Regal Ancestor Spirit. Her attacking relentlessly and dancing around with those giant wings made of butterflies that partially cover her moves make for an incredible encounter IMHO. The fight is absolutely brutal, which is something that can't be said for any other boss in this game. I get why people may consider it "too hard" or "unfair", but she is more than beatable thanks to spirit ashes and online coop. People undertaking arbitrary challenges like "no summoning" really have no room to complain about the difficulty. As someone who plays all souls on a yearly basis and completed most "reasonable" challenge runs (100% SL 1 and no-death runs) for almost all entries, she is the only boss that killed me more than 3 times on my first playthrough and the only enemy that killed me 2 times on my second one. Anyway, regardless of the challenge factor, I consider her one of the best bosses in the series in almost all possible aspects.

On my first playthrough I never used ashes or summoned.

I died once to Godrick, the Crucible Knight duo, the Godskin duo, and Placidusax. Twice to Radagon/Elden Beast. Three times to Maliketh and the first Tree Sentinel. Five to Malenia. I can't remember how many times the first Crucible Knight killed me, but I faced him severely underleveled as soon as I got to the evergaol.
The only real problem with Malenia is the waterfowl dance and the random hyperarmor
A fair version of waterfowl is Isshin's One Mind move in Sekiro

Efe

Erudite
I saw people reliably dodging waterfowl by changing direction and diving behind boss between each of three slashes.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
To be fair has any game ever launched like this without late game balance issues or bugs of some kind? I still don't understand the shock in the vitriolic Steam discussions from people that obviously have computers and internet that can barely run the game or they refuse to play offline and wanna bitch all day in the comments for some reason. Just refund it or fuck off and play the game offline if it won't run online. That is aimed towards the guys that are confused on Steam not you. One guy had 3 VRAM and was shocked he was having issues. I asked them for their specs and they replied "Herrrr my pc is so much better than yours" and I decided they barely knew how to use a computer and disengaged since my potato is not anything to brag about and I was just trying to help.

The work related issues at From is the real issue driving this thing. The people are being worked to death in Jap Slave Camps (JSC for short) to push out a patch each week and people are like "I HOPE YOU DIE YOU BURNED UP MY PS4!" when the game should not have been released on a PS4 to begin with. It's the year that the
Upgrayedd
sign appeared again.

Here he is in all his glory, actually a sekret boss fight:

And I can't group up with someone that is on the ass end of South America from Oklahoma so I don't get free gear. Fuck me. Fuck my shitty radio tower internet. Fuck the Japanese.

The sign would not even show up. When it does not show up you know you are just not gonna have a good time so try with someone else (someone maybe on the same land mass) or play offline.

Last edited:

Nathir

Liturgist

I used ashes whenever the boss fight had 2 bosses, like the gargoyles, godskin duo, double watchdogs... But I was using ancestral spirit. The only boss I used mimic against was Malenia. I wiped the most at Malenia too. Second most was Radahn. I never summoned a player, but I did use NPC summons at Radahn.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
On Radahn I kept summoning NPC's and riding in to get one or two swipes with my straight sword. It was easy. I almost did not mind that the one time I linked with a friend it crashed when Radahn did a cool move.

IF YOU ARE SO FUCKING FRIENDLY WHY ARE YOU NOT ON MY FRIEND LIST?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom