Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Started the DLC at lv 130. Rellana is destroying me so much that I will move back to main game to get more levels... This DLC is quite hard and I like it.
It seems frost magic works well there. Use Mimic, the NPC summon. First, cast some Dark Moon to debuff, then just spam Ice Bolt and dodge. It's easier than doing it with other people, who are often dieing very very fast in two strikes most of the time. It's more than ever a dodge simulator. I've seen people enter there with heavy tank builds, and it doesn't matter at all; they get two-shot too. No point in most of the gear as its going to simply slow you down and you cant simply afford being hit at all.

Thanks, tried more 3 times. Managed to make him have 20% hp and then, he throwed a couple of moon spells that nuked me... I will explore more, farm more souls and only after it, fight him again. I played this DLC for like 6 hours and zero bosses killed. Honestly I like it, I will try another way.

Crayll

Liturgist
Just beat Pontiff 2.0 at level 135 with 45~ vigor and 4 Scadutree blessings, I thought it was almost the perfect difficulty honestly. Only complaints were some of the double sword swings and the big moon attack were one-shotting me consistently despite all the other damage feeling fair.
Using the new light greatsword, took some getting used to how much it moves you forward on each swing, but really liking it so far.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Invading isn't as fun as in Souls as most ppl play the game in coop with 2 or 3 companions.
It's not even that, they changed the mechanics so invading only works on people with a co-op summon, except in specific zones. Too many players complained after DS1.
This is why FS should only listen to prestigious Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 2 fans. We know what's best for the franchise. All of the other fangirls are bandwagon-jumping pussies who came from shit like Fortnite. Only those of us who have been around since 2009 should have a say.

Last edited:

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Invading isn't as fun as in Souls as most ppl play the game in coop with 2 or 3 companions.
It's not even that, they changed the mechanics so invading only works on people with a co-op summon, except in specific zones. Too many players complained after DS1.
you sure about that? I recall invasions being fine 1 v 1 in the DS2 SOTFS days
You are correct.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
so it's ghey gaem. waiting for sdg to refund it, then buy it again.
Why would I do that? It's better than vanilla Elden Ring. I can't help that these people are too soft.

On the plus side after FS figures out that GRRM injected all this fag shit in their game they will never work with another white person ever again.

Mortmal

Arcane
Started the DLC at lv 130. Rellana is destroying me so much that I will move back to main game to get more levels... This DLC is quite hard and I like it.
It seems frost magic works well there. Use Mimic, the NPC summon. First, cast some Dark Moon to debuff, then just spam Ice Bolt and dodge. It's easier than doing it with other people, who are often dieing very very fast in two strikes most of the time. It's more than ever a dodge simulator. I've seen people enter there with heavy tank builds, and it doesn't matter at all; they get two-shot too. No point in most of the gear as its going to simply slow you down and you cant simply afford being hit at all.

Thanks, tried more 3 times. Managed to make him have 20% hp and then, he throwed a couple of moon spells that nuked me... I will explore more, farm more souls and only after it, fight him again. I played this DLC for like 6 hours and zero bosses killed. Honestly I like it, I will try another way.
Had to try this boss a lot of times too. With a sliver of health left, it starts its move, which is impossible to dodge or withstand. The only way is to get it staggered. Then you need the special runes from the DLC to mitigate it. There are plenty of optional areas around with them.

shrekkie

Novice
Was it even proven he actually wrote anything? There's no way this guy that writes a couple of pages a year for his novel went into crunch mode and wrote an entire game, even if it doesn't have much story to begin with

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Is there anything on top of the spiral tower in the Scorched Ruins? Easy enough to climb up it's sides, but it doesn't seem possible to reach the tip..

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Was it even proven he actually wrote anything? There's no way this guy that writes a couple of pages a year for his novel went into crunch mode and wrote an entire game, even if it doesn't have much story to begin with
All he had to do was write up his flaming twink fantasies and inject his AIDS into what was otherwise a decent story. I bet it only took him an hour or so before his fatass busted a nut. It's super weird how no other FS game up to this point had any gay shit in it and now suddenly their latest game is a fag parade.

Elttharion

Learned
All he had to do was write up his flaming twink fantasies and inject his AIDS into what was otherwise a decent story. I bet it only took him an hour or so before his fatass busted a nut. It's super weird how no other FS game up to this point had any gay shit in it and now suddenly their latest game is a fag parade.
Martin only wrote the backstory of the setting IIRC. Basically he is only responsible for what happened before the shattering. The actual plot of the game is all on Fromsoftware. Also there are gay characters in Armored Core 6.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Dung Eater and a list of names starting with the letters 'G', 'R', and 'M'. :M

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Martin only wrote the backstory of the setting IIRC. Basically he is only responsible for what happened before the shattering. The actual plot of the game is all on Fromsoftware. Also there are gay characters in Armored Core 6.
I'm gonna need real sources. I refuse to believe.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Don't say me the DLC's main plot is a gay love story between Radahn and Miquella?
Thank GRRM for that.
lol
you wish
It's super weird how no other FS game up to this point had any gay shit in it
DS1-R-Dark-Sun-Gwyndolin-half-body.png

Elttharion

Learned
From his blog
I am honored to have met them and worked with them, and to have have played a part, however small, in creating this fantastic world and making ELDEN RING the landmark megahit that it is.
From various interviews
George R.R. Martin provided us the mythos for the world, which takes place many, many years before the events of the game,
Martin helped construct the fantasy world of Elden Ring – effectively its history and major figures, but not the game's plot
Miyazaki recently commented that Martin may be "shocked" by what he's done to the characters in the final game, and confirmed that Elden Ring's gameplay is as hard as ever.
When George R.R. Martin says ‘Okay, here’s the mythos, do what you will with it,’ Miyazaki is just going to run with it,” Kitao said. “Miyazaki has really been free to take his own interpretations and create his own characters based off of that.”
Elden Ring was going to take place in, let’s say the present of their game universe. But what they wanted me to write was what happened like 5,000 years before that,
When he wrote the mythos, we asked him to create these dramatic heroes of this ancient mythos that takes place before the events of the game. These dramatic and heroic characters weren’t really present in our previous titles, so this is something that was really appealing to me — how he would depict the mystique and heroic qualities of those characters.” The only character named here is Godfrey, First Elden Lord, but we can extrapolate that there are many more that Martin worked on.
So I went back and wrote a history of what happened 5,000 years before the current game, and who all the characters were and who was killing each other and what powers they had
Miyazaki provided Eurogamer with further details of the expansion, and confirmed that Game of Thrones author George R. R. Martin has not provided fresh material.
As for George Martin's involvement, essentially it is the same as it was with the base game," said Miyazaki. "The DLC Shadow of the Erdtree is based on one part of that original mythos that he penned for us. It's not a brand new mythos that he's written specifically for Shadow of the Erdtree, he has not created something new which informed the design of the DLC. It's simply another part of the original story that we thought fit to tell as a new expansion."
etc

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
From his blog
I am honored to have met them and worked with them, and to have have played a part, however small, in creating this fantastic world and making ELDEN RING the landmark megahit that it is.
From various interviews
George R.R. Martin provided us the mythos for the world, which takes place many, many years before the events of the game,
Martin helped construct the fantasy world of Elden Ring – effectively its history and major figures, but not the game's plot
Miyazaki recently commented that Martin may be "shocked" by what he's done to the characters in the final game, and confirmed that Elden Ring's gameplay is as hard as ever.
When George R.R. Martin says ‘Okay, here’s the mythos, do what you will with it,’ Miyazaki is just going to run with it,” Kitao said. “Miyazaki has really been free to take his own interpretations and create his own characters based off of that.”
Elden Ring was going to take place in, let’s say the present of their game universe. But what they wanted me to write was what happened like 5,000 years before that,
When he wrote the mythos, we asked him to create these dramatic heroes of this ancient mythos that takes place before the events of the game. These dramatic and heroic characters weren’t really present in our previous titles, so this is something that was really appealing to me — how he would depict the mystique and heroic qualities of those characters.” The only character named here is Godfrey, First Elden Lord, but we can extrapolate that there are many more that Martin worked on.
So I went back and wrote a history of what happened 5,000 years before the current game, and who all the characters were and who was killing each other and what powers they had
Miyazaki provided Eurogamer with further details of the expansion, and confirmed that Game of Thrones author George R. R. Martin has not provided fresh material.
As for George Martin's involvement, essentially it is the same as it was with the base game," said Miyazaki. "The DLC Shadow of the Erdtree is based on one part of that original mythos that he penned for us. It's not a brand new mythos that he's written specifically for Shadow of the Erdtree, he has not created something new which informed the design of the DLC. It's simply another part of the original story that we thought fit to tell as a new expansion."
etc
Yep I knew it. I always said Miyazaki was a decline enabling scumbag ever since Dark Souls 3 and now the gay shit makes perfect sense. Shibuya and Tanimura should have taken the reigns. They are far more talented and better suited as leaders and the flawless execution of Dark Souls 2 proves this. Miyazaki has actively been trying to destroy FS from within.

Mortmal

Arcane
The DLC is far too hard. Usually, I help out after defeating a boss, but what's really frustrating is that people are dying two seconds after entering. Almost no one is managing to succeed, and at this point, it's unfun and sadistic. By the way, it's worth upgrading the Black Knight Commander Andreas summon to level 10. It's the thing that made the difference, allowing me some openings. I havent done a single boss coop so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom