Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elite: Dangerous

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I.e. it took three years and an expansion before a user-made script module fixed the economy of the game. You completely lack any sense of perspective regarding the current state of this game, by comparing it to a title that's been out for 9 years and was practically the only space sandbox on the market. Now you're heaping blame on Frontier Developments for not having the same scope a mere month after its release.

I was playing Albion Prelude, if you must know, with the expansion mod.

It's fucking comical seeing a Codexer criticize a game for not having the Skyrim Treatment, where everything is "fixed" by user mods.

The GOD-Module isn't a userscript, but the name of a specific set of scripts implemented by the devs in the Vanilla game, to simulate changes in the universe.
It seemed to be already present in Reunion, but the Dev-Description isn't really helpful there, could be that it had been more limited in its abilities compared to TC and AP.

If you spend most of your time in a modded Game, please refrain from talking like you played Vanilla.
Extended changes a lot.

Regarding the lack of features and the comparissons:
I'm doing the only sane thing there is when chosing in which game i should invest my time:
Chosing the one that delivers more towards my needs right now.
If ED gets more features later, there is no hurt in buying and playing it then.

Also:
WTF@ FD jumping the SJW Shittrain

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Go ahead.
db741b3964c58b3a40e87e48515372583c80ce62643da243fc4c762a7e0b5d57.jpg

Morkar Left

What's with the new update 1.04? I can barely understand what FD tries to tell me with this changelog...

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just can't get into my head why can't we load and transport different modules seperately, ala EVE. Why can't I go to a faraway system with my 30ly jumprange ship, and buy a fucking pulse laser, then bring it back to my Viper.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
because the game got released so it could make more money for development, not because it was actually ready, and they have other development priorities right now, like implementing missing functionality and fixing a fuckton of bugs nobody ever noticed.

Bradylama

Arcane
Hello Commander,

We believe your account has taken advantage of exploits in the game and as such we have removed credits (and assets where appropriate) from your Commander.

If you believe this to be in error, please create a ticket at; https://support.elitedangerous.com under the category of “Exploit” (please do not reply to this email) – we will then investigate further into your account.

Kind Regards

The Frontier Team

Apparently flying a Lakon 7 with a hold full of gold is an exploit.

Newsletter #57 said:
We’re proud of the fantastic game that we released before Christmas, and as we have said we intend to keep growing and developing it.

To make this happen we’re expanding the team working on the game so that we can maintain a regular schedule of updates as well as working on the paid expansions.

The regular updates won’t just be the ongoing fixes and tweaking we’ve provided since release - we will also add new features and content for all.

The first examples of this, that we already talked about last year, are 'Wings' and associated multiplayer features and additional ships.

So the first update is co-op functionality which was supposed to be the biggest appeal of being always online, but maybe the subsequent update will have something more content-wise. Concept art of the Fer-De-Lance was posted.

fer_de_lance_amend_Comp.jpg

Me likey.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
This happened to you? FFS Frontier. This is the most retarded thing I've ever seen (well, today at least). What will happen next, I will be banned becase I'm trading coffee? First they put up that SJW bullshit regarding communication, then this. You are treading in thin ice Frontier.

Norfleet

What is this shit? They "believe"? They cannot actually prove this? I find it hard to imagine Bradylama capable of exploiting anything.

Morkar Left

So... did you exploit?

Seriously, if they are just guessing it's pitiful and something they shouldn't do under all circumstances. Either they have a proof or they they just could asking.

Would be interested how it turns out.

Bradylama

Arcane
So... did you exploit?

Depends on what you mean by an "exploit." I did abuse the rare production cluster immediately around Lave to maximize profits on the journey back to my communist base.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...EqBrZvFFzcA-uXB4pTfW4/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

There are 8 rare producing stations within 50 lyrs of Lave, and 5 of them are within 10 lyrs! With a big enough cargo hold you can easily do milk runs between each station while building up the rare stockpile until you can take 50-60+ rare items out 140+ lightyears for one big score.

I'm not exploiting any bugs to get all of this money, nor am I cheating. So yes, they're pretty much just guessing but I have a ticket submitted so I'll wait and see. It won't take me too long to work back the 1,500,000 credits they took out of my account, so I'm not too peeved, but if I hadn't already upgraded to a Lakon 7 I'd be pretty pissed.

Mortmal

Arcane
Depends on what you mean by an "exploit." I did abuse the rare production cluster immediately around Lave to maximize profits on the journey back to my communist base.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...EqBrZvFFzcA-uXB4pTfW4/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

There are 8 rare producing stations within 50 lyrs of Lave, and 5 of them are within 10 lyrs! With a big enough cargo hold you can easily do milk runs between each station while building up the rare stockpile until you can take 50-60+ rare items out 140+ lightyears for one big score.

I'm not exploiting any bugs to get all of this money, nor am I cheating. So yes, they're pretty much just guessing but I have a ticket submitted so I'll wait and see. It won't take me too long to work back the 1,500,000 credits they took out of my account, so I'm not too peeved, but if I hadn't already upgraded to a Lakon 7 I'd be pretty pissed.

I am really shocked reading this, its not an exploit its just optimizing a trade route.A few days ago they let people keep billions after sell spamming their own ship.... Good luck for support they take weeks to answer apprently, and they never answered my bug report either.

Bradylama

Arcane
Hopefully their staff expansion will make tech support more responsive, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Pro Tip to everyone else: exploiting the Lave Rare Cluster works great for cargo capacities up to 100 tons, or if you don't have enough capital to safely transport a full hold of high value goods. Everybody else is exploiting it too though, so all of the prices in and around Lave are too low to get good margins out of, so once you're in the 200+ cargo territory (Lakon 7, Panther, Lakon 9) the margins on some trade routes are so great (I'm averaging 290,000 profit carrying cheap gold to the right High Tech systems) that you'll never have to trade in rare goods again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom