Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elite: Dangerous

praetor

Arcane
loved the dig at Scamkeesian. didn't like that he pretty much didn't mention a single flaw other than "it doesn't explain shit"

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
He said that its Euro Trucker in space, thats a lot of (subjective) flaws condensed into few words.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A dev post from the official forums:
V1.1 will also have a significant increase in the maximum distance for the route planner. We’re currently looking at extending this to 1,000 light years!
1.000 ly
:dance::yeah:

Bradylama

Arcane
That's pretty much the whole length of habitated space and then some, so good news for explorers I guess.

Branm

Learned
Lol whats some peoples problem with Eve?? The game does a shit ton of stuff right.....Last i checked it one of the few sandboxes that's still around....And well it actually has a real economy unlike Elite...

I can only assume that people whining about it got raped by the meta game. Get scammed too much?? Or did some corp spy hot drop your super cap. If the later i assume it was PL rofl....

Bradylama

Arcane
The problem with Eve is that the only worthwhile gameplay is in 0 sec space, so unless you already have an in to an established 0 sec faction there is never any point in playing the game. Also it's shit.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
No. It can be just as boring or exciting as Elite: D, depending on how are you playing.

Norfleet

I am unclear what this offers me over Ye Olde Elite, other than HORRENDOUS LAG, SPYWARE, and an outlandish price tag.

potatojohn

Arcane
b82YkGN.jpg

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Docking in the original Elite was difficult. Now? Pff.

Anyway, amazing to see them pouring out novels the way they do. Any of them good or are they on the general level of gaming novelization? I still vividly remember how utterly shit and hilarious the Dragon Age audiobooks where.

Morkar Left

Started to read the Lave Revolution novella. I'm just at the start but it seems decent. On par with Battletech novellas I would say.

Norfleet

The Elite series is still infamous for giving us the most grossly and unnecessarily excessive weapon in gaming: The Large Plasma Accelerator. There's a weapon in the game that pretty much instantly destroys everything it hits in one shot, even a bugged Thargoid with 1024 shields on it. That was the SMALL Plasma Accelerator. The Large one is the BIGGER version of it. The lore allegedly contains a "Huge Plasma Accelerator", but this is not in the games.

DraQ

Arcane
The Elite series is still infamous for giving us the most grossly and unnecessarily excessive weapon in gaming: The Large Plasma Accelerator. There's a weapon in the game that pretty much instantly destroys everything it hits in one shot, even a bugged Thargoid with 1024 shields on it. That was the SMALL Plasma Accelerator. The Large one is the BIGGER version of it. The lore allegedly contains a "Huge Plasma Accelerator", but this is not in the games.
You mean Large Penile Accentuator?
Because it's the only thing it's actually good for.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
I've already gave up on the game for now, it is boring, as many of you said. Will check back later if they add more content.

Bradylama

Arcane
1.1 patch notes
https://archive.today/2015012118395...us-patch-11-preview-community-goals-revealed/

the sooner they add some meaningful content the better, 'cause the game right now is a boring piece of shit that flies and looks great

Don't hold your breath, because there's probably not going to be "meaningful" content until the first expansion.

The first Community Goals will be based around supply and bounties. "For example," Brookes says, "a faction might task our pilots with racking up a number of kills in a particular system, effectively sending massive numbers of players to war for or against particular group." He explains that these massive player migrations will have a knock-on effect on galaxy-wide economy and power structures.

Players can contribute towards the goal whatever mode they're playing. While Open Play will see greater numbers of players diverge on the targeted system, Solo Mode and Private Group players will still be able to contribute to the overall total.

:hmmm:

and the best part was mounting one in each top and bottom turret, firing at a fast target and accidentally hitting yourself during the camera switch.
"wtf just happened?".

DraQ

Arcane
and the best part was mounting one in each top and bottom turret, firing at a fast target and accidentally hitting yourself during the camera switch.
"wtf just happened?".
:D

Although a ship with as "few" as 100 shield generators (basically maximum number you could sensibly fit on a large freighter) could actually withstand brief glancing hit from SPA, so make it "near-instantly".

Bradylama

Arcane
yeah, thanks FD.. now the same shitty missions will have global counters. very "cool"

Well as somebody who is engaged with a player alliance that has a sense of direction, I welcome the introduction of any kind of metric that makes the dynamic simulation easier to interpret. It's not much though, and I'm kind of pissed that solo mode care bears can have as much impact zotting NPCs and doing risk-free milk runs as those of us actually doing the multiplayer.

Norfleet

You mean Large Penile Accentuator?
Because it's the only thing it's actually good for.
Yeah, pretty much.

Although a ship with as "few" as 100 shield generators (basically maximum number you could sensibly fit on a large freighter) could actually withstand brief glancing hit from SPA, so make it "near-instantly".
I believe the word you're looking for is a "miss". That's the damage you take when it MISSES. If it hits you, YOU DIE.

"wtf just happened?".
Dude, seriously? What the hell kind of ship were you flying that can mount them in TURRETS? That's, what, 1000t in LPAs?

DraQ

Arcane
Yeah, pretty much.

I believe the word you're looking for is a "miss". That's the damage you take when it MISSES. If it hits you, YOU DIE.

Dude, seriously? What the hell kind of ship were you flying that can mount them in TURRETS? That's, what, 1000t in LPAs?
Was it even mountable on turret?

Still, this reminds me of how awesome collision Frontier ships had - 1993 and hit boxes were poly-exact, so you could, for example, make a mistake buying a Lion, put a beam laser on its turret, then clip your protruding wing tip stabilizers when trying to hit some pirate fighter with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom