Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Elminage Gothic (former Japan only dungeon crawler)

TheGreatOne

Arcane
Those physical copies will work 20 years from now on (and can be sold for money) while those psn games are gone once you make space on your memory card and psn has gone down for good

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
psn games can just be copied from the stick to your backup medium of preference, iirc.

flabbyjack

Arcane
I don't understand, is it an old game or a new game being ported to Engrish?

If it was any good it would have been released in English nearer to the release. That's a generalization and applies mostly to AAA titles but still... why no translate kemosabe?

Last edited:

TigerKnee

Arcane
I don't understand, is it an old game or a new game being ported to Engrish?

If it was any good it would have been released in English nearer to the release. That's a generalization and applies mostly to AAA titles but still... why no translate kemosabe?
It's an old game, although I don't think it ever had a JP PC version.

As for what the original wasn't translated... because it was on the PSP, which was eventually considered financial suicide due to low install base + high piracy.

And blobbers are pretty timeless in a sense, in that even if it was translated and released on the same day in Japan, AAAfags are going to think it looks dated anyway while people who would play blobbers don't care as long as they can get sweet dungeon crawling goodness.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
OTOH if you think your system will still work 20 years from now...
Might require changing of some parts, like in the case of some PC engine hardware where they used poor capacitors that have started breaking over time. I don't know if PSPs have any inherent problems like that.They'll might just work if you take good care of them. Since it use UMDs rather than cartridges, chances are that it has a lower lifespan the Nintendo DS. But 20 years shouldn't be a problem, CD based stuff from 1989/early 90s still works. Cartridge based hardware like Atari 2600s will outlive their owners. Depends on the design of the system, though planned obsolescence is more likely these days.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Release date is September 18th and price is £ 6.99.

Features include:
  • Well over 80 hours of dungeon crawling gameplay!
  • Hundreds of stunning monsters, creatures and demons to defeat
  • Multiple character classes
  • The classic and traditional "THAC0" system!
  • Full English translation

This PC conversion also features a number of improvements over the original, including:
  • Higher resolution art
  • Improved user interface
  • 8 stunning Steam Trading Cards to collect!

Some screenshots:

2014-09-01_00012.jpg

2014-09-08_00146.jpg

2014-09-01_00102.jpg

2014-09-05_00041.jpg

2014-09-01_00049.jpg

2014-09-08_00051.jpg

http://www.ghostlight.uk.com/games/pc/elminage-gothic-pc.html

There's more screenshots at the link, but they're all damn tiny like these.

edit: I think it's better change the thread title appropriately.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Man, I've been dying for a massive Wizardry-style dungeon crawl for so long now. I am so hyped for this. I really can't find much information on this game, but I've found a wiki on the PSP version and the character building seems very deep (unlockable classes and races!) and in the vein of the later Wizardry games. So pumped.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
niceeee. finally some blobbing with the exact flavor that i dig.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
I am intrigued, though I'm so busy that I'll wait to see codex opinions before buying it.

Sinatar

Arbiter
For what it's worth, the beta is really good. Fans of Wizardry 1 - 5 should check it out.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
I am intrigued, though I'm so busy that I'll wait to see codex opinions before buying it.
it's only 8 bucks, so not a big loss even if it turns out to suck. we'll see in 3 days.

kain611

Augur
This launches Thursday on Steam.

Haven't played any of the others but looks like a dungeon crawl. Anyone have any experience with it??

Urbanolo

Augur
It's a port from Playstation Portable, so expect it to be a piece of turd with 'cute animu girls'.

I never played the series myself, as I don't know moonspeak, but generally art reminded me of earlier (japanese) Wizardry games. It isn't moeblob-ish, if it remains me of any anime, it would be Records of Lodoss War OVA.
u2f6lBb.jpg

TcMcubT.jpg

Itzz27L.jpg

YEigvLG.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom