Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Elminage Gothic (former Japan only dungeon crawler)

kain611

Augur
So I had my team decline composed of Nathan Drake, Marcus Fenix, Joel (from TLOU), Captain Price, Commander Shepard and Niko Bellic. I like being able to fully create parties myself. +1 approval
When I levelled up, 4 out of 6 members party members got only 1 hp, both times they levelled up. +1 approval, +1 mad
Several of them also lost the occational stat, Marcus Fenix's strength dropped (steroid withdrawal?!?) only to get it back next time he rested. +1 approval
When we went back into the labyrinth we were attacked by 8 bomb birds, all that remained of team decline was a pool of blood and mashed organs. +1 approval

So far so good, more fun than a lot of 60 dollar/euro games.

I fully agree. My team met the same fate to a group of Wisps that kept calling backup support in. Love the hitting the E key at creation to re-roll bonus points. So much quicker.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Tried to solo it with my cleric, Meister Eckhart, but didn't get very far. Hast thou forsaken me, Lord?

Mortmal

Arcane
If all the japanese dungeon crawlers are like this one, we are missing a lot . Luck and stats rerolling are more important than they should , it encourages rerolling a lot during party creation , then save scumming each time you level up as your hp gained can go from 1 to 24 at the very first levels ... But the dungeon delving in itself is very good, exactly like wizardry of old but improved there and there.

Coriolanus

Learned
If all the japanese dungeon crawlers are like this one, we are missing a lot . Luck and stats rerolling are more important than they should , it encourages rerolling a lot during party creation , then save scumming each time you level up as your hp gained can go from 1 to 24 at the very first levels ... But the dungeon delving in itself is very good, exactly like wizardry of old but improved there and there.

There's no point scumming for HP. Getting more on one level-up means you'll get less on the next one, so it all balances out in the end. You don't really need all the elite classes from the get-go either.

Mortmal

Arcane

There's no point scumming for HP. Getting more on one level-up means you'll get less on the next one, so it all balances out in the end. You don't really need all the elite classes from the get-go either.

I disagree , at the beggining geting one hp on my tank or 24 is a huge difference, maybe its unsignificant in the long term , but it makes clearing the first dungeon a whole lot easier .Add to him hp regen item forged by the alchemist and its godly.You dont need all the classes from the get go, but having a bishop for item identifcation is worth it .

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
That blacksmith in town asked for an interesting ore, but I've brought him three different ores and he hasn't responded at all. Is there a specific ore he's looking for or do I need to do something with them?

Coriolanus

Learned

I disagree , at the beggining geting one hp on my tank or 24 is a huge difference, maybe its unsignificant in the long term , but it makes clearing the first dungeon a whole lot easier .Add to him hp regen item forged by the alchemist and its godly.You dont need all the classes from the get go, but having a bishop for item identifcation is worth it .

Fair point, but getting one high roll at start isn't hard (if that's your goal). The idea that things will balance out in the end make it a lot less cruel to someone who likes to min-max.

Now, rolling good starting stats for a party in Wizardries and their faithful Jap clones could take days, not to mention the save-scumming at level ups.

Mortmal

Arcane
That blacksmith in town asked for an interesting ore, but I've brought him three different ores and he hasn't responded at all. Is there a specific ore he's looking for or do I need to do something with them?
On steam forums it says to not bother with it , ores will be found much later in game . Cannot verify it yet

Fair point, but getting one high roll at start isn't hard (if that's your goal). The idea that things will balance out in the end make it a lot less cruel to someone who likes to min-max.

Now, rolling good starting stats for a party in Wizardries and their faithful Jap clones could take days, not to mention the save-scumming at level ups.

Yes and i rolled and rolled and rolled till i get some 35 points bonus.....

Btw , just found out the next dungeons, how are we supposed to open the iron gate ? By buying trash to the guy in entrance ?

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
On steam forums it says to not bother with it , ores will be found much later in game . Cannot verify it yet

Btw , just found out the next dungeons, how are we supposed to open the iron gate ? By buying trash to the guy in entrance ?
Press F in front of the gate to inspect it. You'll need to start inspecting things, including walls, in this next dungeon.

Also hahaha, man, they just updated the game and it wiped out the entire folder. Nobody can play anymore, so don't download the latest update when you're prompted.

Mortmal

Arcane

Press F in front of the gate to inspect it. You'll need to start inspecting things, including walls, in this next dungeon.

Also hahaha, man, they just updated the game and it wiped out the entire folder. Nobody can play anymore, so don't download the latest update when you're prompted.

Glad you warned me , i almost got caught there.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
So heads up: in the second dungeon there's this lake that you can enter for one minute before you drown. You need to create an item called an air seed through transmuting in alchemy in order to breathe in the water for longer but there's nothing in the game that prompts this. I didn't even know it was possible, I searched the dungeon over and over for something I had missed for about an hour and only ended up making an air seed by accident. Really weird that the game doesn't tell you this.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Does anyone know if the bard is as useful as in Wizardry?
I've got a fairy bard right now and he's pretty good. He's getting wizard spells, can use instruments and disarms traps. Apparently thieves can steal items during battle, but they don't get spells so they're not that great if you want to eventually change classes.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
It seems to me that the treasure that drops isn't related to the enemies you're fighting, but the floor you're on. Enemies seem to drop the same thing regardless of their type or how many there are. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just going crazy?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom