Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Elminage Gothic (former Japan only dungeon crawler)

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
haha, in the third floor of the first dungeon I encountered an enemy that onehitted my whole party. Thank god I left the dungeon to level up and save the game before checking what that red dot on the map is, otherwise 2 hours of playtime would have been wasted :D

The Fish

Arcane
haha, in the third floor of the first dungeon I encountered an enemy that onehitted my whole party. Thank god I left the dungeon to level up and save the game before checking what that red dot on the map is, otherwise 2 hours of playtime would have been wasted :D

To defeat that all I did was charm it with a tarot card (using the bard skill). It just kills itself.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

To defeat that all I did was charm it with a tarot card (using the bard skill). It just kills itself.

Ohh, thanks for the advice, will try next time!

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
As far as I could tell, you don't actually have to fight it. Seems like it's an optional boss.

BTW, I was in that giant tree and killed the evil fairy boss, is there anyone I should talk to about that? Anyone who even acknowledges it? Is it part of a quest or just something you do for no reason??

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Its probably like in etrian odissey , FOE are left to be killed later with way more levels . If you dont use a tarot card i dont see how to do it with a lot more power.

Dominae

Educated
It seems to me that the treasure that drops isn't related to the enemies you're fighting, but the floor you're on. Enemies seem to drop the same thing regardless of their type or how many there are. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just going crazy?

Seems that way. Killing a turdmonster on the 3rd floor gives you the same shot at loot that a full party of humans does.

I Google-translated the Japanese wiki for the game, and that looks to be the case. The floors (and not the encounters themselves) have a "Common" "Uncommon" "Rare" list that the game pulls from when you find items.

deuxhero

Arcane
If monster drops aren't body parts that actually makes sense under the idea that monsters aren't carrying around a bunch of coins and a magic sword because they have a use for it, but because it belonged to whatever they killed in the past.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Jesus Christ. I rolled stats for 6 hours today, and never got higher than 31 points. Before my alcoholism I was probably autistic enough to roll for 50 hours straight, but apparently I'm a pussy now.

Edit: Another 2 hours of rolling and I got bupkis. I'm gonna take a break and watch Bridges of Madison County.

2nd Edit: Just had a moment where I didn't know if it was 3:30 in the morning or 3:30 in the afternoon. I guessed wrong... :(

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
31 is not enough for ninja , not that i would roll hours to check too....

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Ninja-related spoiler

If you have a Bishop
you can get an NPC demon ninja in the first dungeon.

Mortmal

Arcane
Ninja-related spoiler

If you have a Bishop

Wich floor ? Theres one thing i hate about this game is the need to buy maps for each use, it takes inventory spaces and its easy to miss spots , secret rooms, or forget wich npc is quest related.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
31 is not enough for ninja , not that i would roll hours to check too....
Seems like it takes a 38. Curt Schilling is laughing at me.

Edit: After reading the manual, it looks like there are pretty good benefits to all the thief classes (thief, bard, hunter, ninja).

Last edited:

Dominae

Educated
Ninja-related spoiler

If you have a Bishop

:O

You mean you can recruit him?! Where?

And also why didn't I create a Bishop :negative:

Just drop one of your people off in the Tavern, and take the pre-gen Bishop (I think there is one?) ... I believe to start the quest for the Naturo cosplayer Ninja kid you only need a level 5 Bishop. Level the pre-gen to 5, get and do quest, dump them for your dude again.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
F4DDB932B01E2586BC2612DB61C8FCF0629C12F1

OK started a new party, Valk,Valk,Sam,Bard,Alch,Bishop. Bard has Song of Healing. Dear lord that saved my ass from an almost party wipe combat encounter. <3

This is like GAMING CRACK for me. :lol:

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Hmm, my current party contains of Valk, Brawler, Sam, Bard, Cleric, Wizard

jEvzgTj.jpg

Wizard and Cleric have good alignment which would mean I'd have to exchange them both if I want that ninja from the first dungeon. I guess I could replace the cleric with an alchemist or bishop and the wizard with a ninja. On the other hand what would I need the bard for then? Somehow his sleep lute is pretty useless and the ninja can pick locks too. So maybe an alchemist for the bard? Decisions, decisions...

Zetor

Arcane
How does the entire "losing/gaining attribute points at level up" system work? I want to turn my cleric into a lord eventually... but it won't happen if he keeps losing STR and/or luck every level.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Assuming they're using the same system as the PSP game, older characters get more stats at CharGen but has a higher chance of losing stats when leveling up.

So basically the best long-term party is a team of JRPG teenagers.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
It's random but influenced by race and age. The maximum any race can achieve in any stat is their base +10 and it's pretty rare to max out a stat initially. Once you're older, your characters will be more likely to lose stats.

Just keep leveling up, the overall trend is that your stats will increase. Don't savescum like a noob.

Zetor

Arcane
Yea, I wasn't planning on savescumming it either way. Was just a bit weird to see my stats decrease at level-up, is all (my crew is all younguns, btw). thxinfo!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom