Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Emperor of Nothing [40k CYOA]

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
So, there's people dumb enough to let a bunch of clones of the Emperor, that lack his psychic power and are therefore extremely susceptible to Chaos fuckery, run around willy-nilly?

And that's ignoring the kind of religious clusterfuck this would cause if it ever got out that the Mechanicus cloned the Emperor, and that's very likely to happen if they look like the Emperor, and I'm reasonably sure the batshit insane, zealous populace of the Imperium knows what their Lord and Master looks like and won't take it well. Do you people want to start a war with Mars?

I'm also wondering how the fuck they even managed to get their hands on tissue samples to use for cloning, let alone figure out what the Emperor looks like, when it's been heavily implied that people see what they want to see (or what He wants them to see) when they look at the Emperor, and that the Primarchs alone can withstand to see a close resemblance of His true form and hear Him actually speak to them, because a non-Primarch human would get his brain fried from seeing/hearing the Emperor unfiltered.

And no, pariahs aren't immune to this either, since their nulling can be overwhelmed by Warp entities that are potent enough.

As for reviving the Emperor, He's a perpetual, so just have someone shoot Him in the head, have Holy Terra get invaded by rape demons and take the Sol System with it, and humanity can have their own defacto god. After 10,000 years of getting fed with psykers and getting jucied up by the fervent prayers of trillions of fanatical souls I don't think there is any vessels in the materium potent enough to hold the Emperor's soul in.

tl;dr A - fucking destroy the abominations and hunt down everyone involved in creating them for good measure.

Last edited:

GreyViper

Prophet
So, there's people dumb enough to let a bunch of clones of the Emperor, that lack his psychic power and are therefore extremely susceptible to Chaos fuckery, run around willy-nilly?

And that's ignoring the kind of religious clusterfuck this would cause if it ever got out that the Mechanicus cloned the Emperor, and that's very likely to happen if they look like the Emperor, and I'm reasonably sure the batshit insane, zealous populace of the Imperium knows what their Lord and Master looks like and won't take it well. Do you people want to start a war with Mars?

I'm also wondering how the fuck they even managed to get their hands on tissue samples to use for cloning, let alone figure out what the Emperor looks like, when it's been heavily implied that people see what they want to see (or what He wants them to see) when they look at the Emperor, and that the Primarchs alone can withstand to see a close resemblance of His true form and hear Him actually speak to them, because a non-Primarch human would get his brain fried from seeing/hearing the Emperor unfiltered.

And no, pariahs aren't immune to this either, since their nulling can be overwhelmed by Warp entities that are potent enough.

As for reviving the Emperor, He's a perpetual, so just have someone shoot Him in the head, have Holy Terra get invaded by rape demons and take the Sol System with it, and humanity can have their own defacto god. After 10,000 years of getting fed with psykers and getting jucied up by the fervent prayers of trillions of fanatical souls I don't think there is any vessels in the materium potent enough to hold the Emperor's soul in.

tl;dr A - fucking destroy the abominations and hunt down everyone involved in creating them for good measure.
Your not wrong and have many good points, also to add these version would be amazing hosts to demons if they do manage to possess them. But Im wondering would Eldars have something that would be useful here. To take heresy in another direction, how about implanting Eldar spirit stones and have the spirits of the stones possess the emperor clones?

LogOS

Wouldn't have been all that worth following, TBH. The whole narrative trick was that the God-Emperor was actually one of these weirdo DAoT clones, just the more advanced one. Tbh, 40k has stopped being particularly interesting to me for a while, and Guilliman could be far better used in a story wholly about him. Sorry to disappoint. If I ever end up doing another CYOA (very doubtful), i will move away from this 40k shit. Well too dependent on it.

The whole "twist" in this woulda been that there is nothing upon the Golden Throne,that all that's left of the God-Emperor is pure pyschic power and no presence at all. I had a whole scene where Guilliman manages to look up and sees nothing upon the throne. Tbh, i dont think this story would be particularly interesting. It was mostly my way of getting 40k out of my system, maybe?

still, sorry. I do feel bad for the tease and the nonsense. My bad, friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baltika9

Arcane
I was in it for the politics and empire building, not gonna lie. And Yvraine's vast tracts of land, of course.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guess we fehled da emprah

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom