Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Emperor of Nothing [40k CYOA]

I've no idea who root is

Root (was?) another user on this site who ran a number of CYOAs including some truly massive ones set after the Emperor's death but to my knowledge he was not influenced by semi-obscure Canadian tentacle rape erotica so you may very well be the superior incarnation.

he was not influenced by semi-obscure Canadian tentacle rape erotica
Details, please.
:lol:

Unless I am terribly wrong, its in the thread name (corraborated by other things, not the least of which is our boi's username and the prologue's general tone). I will continue to make obnoxious references to it in future posts so I better not be wrong - God forbid my posts come off as sycophantic *and* misplaced, right?

Neanderthal

Arcane
How can the Imperium challenge the terrors of the materium and immaterium I hear folk ask? Simple, through faith and fury we shall overcome.

Believe in the Emperor and the sovereign might of the Golden Throne, for in the Warp belief begets reality, and untold trillions across the Milky Way worship He On Earth. Thus his potency grows and he becomes more than the equal of the Unclean Powers, he is an anathema to them, a great and cleansing light that banishes the darkness.

How can we win you ask? I say how can we lose, with the Emperor in our hearts and our eyes on the heavens we shall forge a great destiny, and tear down the false gods of the heretic.

FOR THE IMPERIUM, FOR THE EMPEROR, AND FOR HUMANITY ASCENDANT!

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
A) Take the Golden Path save those who are only worthy and wiling to be saved by themselves and let the weak and gullible to be devoured by ruinous powers and great devourer. God Emperor will know His.

Flipping to: F) The Path Boundless, the path of unshakeable belief. The God-Emperor has mastered the Empyrean so that Man may master the Materium. Humanity must expand ever outward, removing all in its path. Mortarion, Lorgar and Ferrus Manus sought it.

Deus Imperator Vult!

a cut of domestic sheep prime

In fact, all choices are to reflect more of a philosophical worldview as opposed to a plan/determination of how things will happen. They are representative of Guilliman's possible outlooks, not mystical incantations to determine outcomes.
This was my overall impression, though some seemed to denote actions.

It's my intention to bring the universe under the bootheel of the Empire, crushing all that stand in our way without mercy.

If you have any other pitiable human goal, whether "peace" or "redemption", turn back now and pick the other option.

I aim to bathe the cosmos in an inescapable torrent of blood and extend the Emperor's dominion to the end of time and space.

Let us see what the fullness of his aims are, for whether positive or negative in outcome, they shall surely be beyond the dreams of mere mortals.

Baltika9

Arcane
It's my intention to bring the universe under the bootheel of the Empire, crushing all that stand in our way without mercy.

If you have any other pitiable human goal, whether "peace" or "redemption", turn back now and pick the other option.

I aim to bathe the cosmos in an inescapable torrent of blood and extend the Emperor's dominion to the end of time and space.
Khorne+approves+of+this+message+_eceb6e6954847bdea73c022b9bae95a8.jpg

Seriously, though, I see a way this might work. If we inspire enough fervent belief in the empire, we may be able to will the Emperor into another 'Chaos God.' But would that make us, and every other human, a daemon?
+M

Last edited:
Seriously, though, I see a way this might work. If we inspire enough fervent belief in the empire, we may be able to will the Emperor into another 'Chaos God.' But would that make us, and every other human, a daemon?
+M

You say that as if that is a self-evidently bad thing.

LogOS

If I count correctly, I believe E is in the lead with 7 votes, with B and F right behind at 6 each?

I am a little confused with all that changes (though a lot of that is my fault for changing the OP), and i'm unsure what the > means. preferential vote if the first choice is losing?

LogOS
This is what I've got, but just got back from work so its possible I fucked up the count:

A: agentorange, kz3r0---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------TOTAL: 2
B: storyfag, grimgravy, Nahel, the brazillian slaughter---------------------------------------------------------------------------TOTAL: 4
C: Andnjord, Azira, Oscar (secondary vote = A), hoothoot, ERYFRALKFDSKRIS (secondary vote = F)--------------------TOTAL: 5
D: Baltika9 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------TOTAL: 1
E: urthor, muckguppy, MoistCluster, Lithium Flower (secondary vote = F), daveyarsegallant, esquilax --------------------TOTAL: 6
F: Neanderthal, SHeev, Lambchop19, obsqeusnouirnsodfa aprboraboijrnashion, hello friend, Commisar Draco ----------TOTAL: 6 (with two secondary votes, should you allow such things, this is the leader)

LogOS

I don't know, how are such things usually resolved in these fora?

I feel if there's to be secondary votes, then everybody should make them, otherwise the result ends up skewed.

I don't know, how are such things usually resolved in these fora?

I feel if there's to be secondary votes, then everybody should make them, otherwise the result ends up skewed.

Entirely up to you. I recall in my Sabres let's play I generally allowed them but forbid them in certain instances, but its not like I am any sort of authority on this (and there isn't one).

Changing my vote to just E) for the memes.

LogOS do you regret this now? :D

I am most amused by the "For the Emperor!" rhetoric of some F) voters considering A) is explicitly the path the Emperor wants to take (unless I misunderstood the text)

((Ah, nevermind, that is the path ascribed to the Emperor's will. Then again it looks like we are just choosing Rowboat's currentmindset before, I assume, the Emperor reveals further information))

Last edited:

LogOS

Changing my vote to just E) for the memes.

LogOS do you regret this now? :D

I am most amused by the "For the Emperor!" rhetoric of some F) voters considering A) is explicitly the path the Emperor wants to take (unless I misunderstood the text)

((Ah, nevermind, that is the path ascribed to the Emperor's will. Then again it looks like we are just choosing Rowboat's currentmindset before, I assume, the Emperor reveals further information))

This is partly correct. A represents the path that current BL books seem to hint or outright state the Emperor wanted: he loved Mankind but not men, and wanted us to get dead 'ard and turn into a psychic species. In this LP, I'm not considering that stuff as canon (to be fair, neither is GW, they keep changing it), just the more current fluff about Dark Imperium.

A) is what BL tells us the Imperium should have been, whereas F) Is what the Imperium currently is. The others in between are varying shades of personal philosophy. The Emperor may favour one, all or none. After ten thousand years of coma and grimdark, Guilliman has no idea what his father actually intended.

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Gotta do a lexicanum binge

A sounds like a pretty decent path now. Probably still treadable with E though as we TEST the LIMITS to YOLO FUCK UP everybody

LogOS

YOLO faggotry it is then.

I tried.

ZLNHQeH.png

You can still vote, I was just trying to keep track of all the >s and changes, I got somewhat confused (after confusing you all). I don't expect to post another part until the weekend, though I will if work allows.

F is/was the path of absolute faith. Manifest Destiny and conquering the universe. No wimpy guilt over what is or was, but trust the all is part of the Emerpor's plan.

In essence, it's another side of the same coin as E. Both lay all blame at the hand of some fate, be it the Emperor or "Fate™", but F has purpose and faith instead of just saying "what will be will be" like an abject cuck.

While F might get us killed down the line by putting too much faith in some guy that just happens to have conquered death itself and to be virtually omniscient, E chalks everything up to luck and hopes for the best.

We are literally playing with the same mindset as an average american single mother now. Thx. gg.

edit:
VOTE IS STILL ON!?? EVERYONE FLOP TO F REEEEEEEE!!!

The Path of Fate is roughly translated to "Que Sera, Sera" and the choice to how one shall meet this inevitable fate.

This is E, men. Time to lop off your penises, E-tards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom