Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epic Games Store - the console war comes to PC

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Based on Perkel's tendency to shitpost in more than one medium (and his Reddit account's name) I hereby request that Perkel be given the
shitposter.png
tag.

V_K

Arcane
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-is-the-fastest-selling-game-in-2ks-history_7

Borderlands 3 has managed to sell over five million copies in its first five days - doubling the amount Borderlands 2 sold in its first week of release and making it the fastest-selling game 2K has ever made.

It's even become 2K's highest-selling title on PC in a five-day window, which is of note given the PC version of Borderlands 3 is an Epic Games store timed exclusive.

Oh man, it's almost like you're a bunch of whiny cunts who don't matter at all.
To be fair, and disregarding all the PR speak for a minute, Borderlands is precisely the kind of game that'd be an easy sell to the Fortnite crowd. So most of the sales are likely to be to the existing Epic user base rather than people jumping ship. Basically, it does look good on paper, and it did bring Epic some monies, but how well exclusives work for genres that don't appeal to Fortnite crowd remains to be seen.

Perkel

Arcane
Based on Perkel's tendency to shitpost in more than one medium (and his Reddit account's name) I hereby request that Perkel be given the
shitposter.png
tag.

But i already have it. Look at that Infinitron glorious avatar.

To be fair, and disregarding all the PR speak for a minute, Borderlands is precisely the kind of game that'd be an easy sell to the Fortnite crowd. So most of the sales are likely to be to the existing Epic user base rather than people jumping ship. Basically, it does look good on paper, and it did bring Epic some monies, but how well exclusives work for genres that don't appeal to Fortnite crowd remains to be seen.

or i have better explanation:

wwx5exndw6b11.png

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
newer games sell more copies than older games, congratulations on your groundbreaking discovery.
Almost as if the amount of people playing video games increases substantially every year or something.

There are reaches and there are reaches, but man that's a reach as a reply.

Anyway I mostly just enjoy poking you guys, but as I said for months Borderlands 3 would be the real test. The fact it sold better than any Take Two game released on PC before says all that needs to be said, the vast majority don't give a shit enough to boycott games that are Epic exclusive. This should have been obvious from the get-go since tons of games not on Steam do very well, but now we have further evidence. The question is wtf Epic can do with that. Their client is so lacking in features I doubt anyone would ever opt to buy games there over any other client, except maybe the Windows Store. If they want to turn these exclusives into a sizeable market position they need to do a LOT more.

Citizen

Some wisdom for ya bros: Both steam and epic are dogshit, the only platform barely worth of buying games on is GOG cuz you can run games without any launcher. It's still dogshit since they release only cheap anime titles lately instead of proper games

So the codex bullied you into refunding the game you liked, and now you are salty about it right

PrettyDeadman

Some wisdom for ya bros: Both steam and epic are dogshit, the only platform barely worth of buying games on is GOG cuz you can run games without any launcher. It's still dogshit since they release only cheap anime titles lately instead of proper games

So the codex bullied you into refunding the game you liked, and now you are salty about it right
WRONG.
GOG is wrongthink sjws. They also made Witcher series (which is a big NO in my book).

Perkel

Arcane

No i refunded it before premiere because i was cheapass and found better deal. So instead of paying full price on Epic i went to CDKEYS and got like 15% off. If i was faster i could get 30% off.

Citizen

WRONG.
GOG is wrongthink sjws.

Meh, I still prefer direct game distribution download over a clumsy standalone launcher running in a background. If there was a game store that worked the same way and was also releasing major incline games, they would get my endless support and shill even if they are run by rainbow haired landwhales

They also made Witcher series (which is a big NO in my book).

GOG's Polactcher 3 vs. STEAM's Decline-life 2 vs. EPIC's Popamolenite

Seems like behind every game store there's a shitty overrated game :makesyouthink:

Citizen

No i refunded it before premiere because i was cheapass and found better deal. So instead of paying full price on Epic i went to CDKEYS and got like 15% off. If i was faster i could get 30% off.

Nice. Seems like them Infinitron avatars are working

PrettyDeadman

GOG's Polactcher 3 vs. STEAM's Decline-life 2 vs. EPIC's Popamolenite
I mean, you gave me a choice of 2 shitty zoomercore games and 1 good boomer game. What should I choose? Considering I am a 29yo boomer myself.

Codex Year of the Donut

GOG doesn't have grimoire therefore it's garbage

Citizen

So is your mom. But at least she is not a Steam exclusive.

If my mom was a videogame she'd be a monocled autism-inducing hardcore 4x ironman mode strategy rpg

Say hello to your AAA graphicwhore coridor shooter mom bro

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Paying 5 $ for scene releases :hero:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Your mom is a casual Facebook app that every 12-year-old in the country has tried out.

Bro your mom's bug infested trash. If it wasn't for a large and dedicated mod community she wouldn't even be worth doing

Hey, at least my mom still receives patches. Your mom has so many rootkits that only safe way to do her is on a virtual machine. Hell, nobody really dares to do your mom, unless they are using crack, since she shipped with StarForce.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom