Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I assume that's a new portrait for the beast class, which was unlockable in exactly EO2 afair.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Disappointed, been waiting for a brand new game for the Switch for years now. Hopefully this is to cover the cost of making a proper new game in the series.

Viata

Arcane

Viata

Arcane
No such thing when you can just pirate games.
Except no Atlus game has been broken as of yet?
As if you couldn't play this very game on your DS/3DS emulator.
As if piracy on DS wasn't almost as easy as on PC.
I was talking about the supposed "atlus game has not been broken". Most, if not all of them, have consoles release and all of them, as far as I know, have emulators.

Twizman

Scholar
Thanks for the gameplay link. Do the enemies use status attacks or non-physical attacks in the game? Do the enemy groups get larger? Or are there usually groups of 2-3 monsters at most. Also wondering if the difficulty modes are based on previous games or rebalanced for this collection. I think the names of the difficulties is the same as in Untold? Not sure.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
status and non-phys yes. In eo1 or eo2 for example you can get surprised by enemies that petrify your whole party so thats fun
group size limit should be 6 (2 rows with 3 slots ea) but 1-3 should be the most common one
there are some new difficulty modes but "expert" difficulty is the only way to play any etrian odyssey game (expert is most likely the original difficulty). think EO4 was the first game which even had difficulty modes

Last edited:

bucktoothgamer

Literate
I won't complain about this not being the untold versions for 1 and 2 (I honestly prefer the 2d monsters, at the very least), but it's still super weird that they aren't. Did they lose the source code or something?

I also assume there won't be any actual improvements, like including proper skill descriptions? Maybe they'll fix the broken ones at least. Probably not...

My guess is that if they used the untold versions of 1 and 2 they would have had to put the effort into making an untold 3 or else there would be a visual drop-off from 2 to 3.

As much as I want 6 to happen I can't picture myself buying these, since I still have my DS copies that never got played(im shit at these games and still working on 4 since it released).

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I had been kind of interested in this as it's a series I was thinking about picking up on GBA back in the day and never did.

I just saw the price of the collection for the first time today. I had a good laugh anyway. 3 ancient games from a portable for more than the price of a D1P AAA Deluxe Edition thing. Are they high?

HedgeGizard

Literate
japs don't like the untold games, they are considered worse.
I agree with them on this somewhat. EOU1 doesn't let you play the added content on Classic mode, while EOU2 rebalances the the whole game around the Fafnir Knight's burst damage, a class that isn't available in Classic mode (maybe it is on NG+ if story mode is completed? Been a while).
All I want is EO6 and 7th Dragon 5 (8th Dragon?). I would be happy if they killed SMT and Persona forever as long as those two games happened.
However, my gut instinct is that they're going to do them in release order, so next would be a port of Strange Journey (OG) -> EO4 -> EOU1 -> EOU2 -> EO5 -> EOX -> SJremaster. Spaced out over half a decade.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I'm not sure what's more disgusting - the price they set or the new font they used.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom