Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

Zariusz

Arbiter
So anyone here uses later start dates or you just use earliest one?

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Afaik, PDX essentially abandoned the later start dates because people don't use them.

Their internal metrics say people use earlier start dates but not later (At least, that's what they took away from CK2.)

Any news on the state of EU4/patch 1.31? Is it still a horribly broken mess, or do I actually have a hope of playing it before September?

Last edited:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I'm back at it after nursing my butthurt at Paradox's patching breaking my saves.

This time i broke the Yoke (playing at 1.30.6):

barcXwl.jpg

I forgot to screencap the moment i did it because i thought i had to take Moskva for some reason. One fun thing this game was the strangest Coalition war i've ever experienced. I had just won a war against the Ottos to take Crimea (with a lot of help from Poland) and everyone got pissy at me. The two of the three largest muslim nations had just lost a war against me so the remaining coalition was mostly rumpstates and the Mamluks. Given my alliance to the Danes i had 3 times the amount of troops and yet they didnt wait for the Ottos Truce to tick out and just attacked, allowing me to loot them for all their gold with the help from Poland and Denmark. Very strange.

Wondering if i should go for Ruthenia or just a Russia run from here...

Does anyone know if it they fixed 1.31 yet?

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Does anyone know if it they fixed 1.31 yet?

Would also like to know this.

haPpyVy.png

In the meantime, some Imperium Universalis news (from which comes the Tarim Basin preview above!):
  • New population system! -- 'tl;dr version'
    8Pl6Ez3.png

6fVANd0.png

kCRsPKi.png
  • IU is getting a pretty big visual overhaul. (Clearly very WIP but it's good they're trying to break away from simply being 'an EU4 mod'.)
    b8bsugD.png
  • Related to the aforementioned, new building icons by culture! :)
    Barbarian
    MliNR2L.png

Italic
    qhM924f.png

Egyptian
    llGzLRh.png

Iranian
    SgLmc4L.png

Punic
    Wbp3JMr.png
Hope some others are happy to see this still being developed. :)

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Did a run as the Papal states and i think i'm done. The only thing left would be to heal the schism but that just seems like a bother without any challenge. I increasingly feel like expanding out of europe kind of is cheating and that the game plays better if you treat it literally like Europa Universalis.

bild.png

I don't think i've done a Austria run on emperor yet so i'll probably try that next.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I tested 1.31.5 and Leviathan for a bit and i don't have much of an opinion on the mechanical changes but what was almost immediately obvious was that the performance is absolutely unacceptable. General slowdown and extreme lag spikes every month. It truly boggles my mind that they released this or that they've kept the release up, it must be preferable to just roll this shit back. What if someone tries their new subscription service and is greeted by this unplayable mess? Someone has to be fired/demoted over this.

Jesus christ.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
32gb ram and an i7 6700k processor, I've had no issues at all until installing Leviathan. Tried doing a clean install and updated my drivers and the issues still persisted.

Will try a rollback and see if that helps.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I managed to "solve" it. Nothing worked so I reformated the harddrive which seems to have solved the lag spikes but not the general slowdown.

Now the question is if I can stand playing at this slower game speed..

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Tried doing a clean install and updated my drivers and the issues still persisted.
:deathclaw:

why would you assume that any of that shit is the problem lol?!

Because after googling the issue it seemed like people agreed that those things were the most likely culprits and I had no issues in any other game.

To be clear, I had already tried uninstalling the DLC and the latest patch and that did nothing.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Was bored this days so decided to play a bit of EU4 and here is the result. Went for pure Tangra cav and cannons :lol:. Tho i had to edit the available missionaries from different thing.

lqsag0r.png

c391ELf.png

05zAYCy.png

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
I'm quite annoyed that they haven't added the decision to form Bulgaria yet. The tag already has a few unique missions and what not, yet you can only play it by releasing Bulgaria and switching tags.

Vatnik Wumao
I'm quite annoyed that they haven't added the decision to form Bulgaria yet. The tag already has a few unique missions and what not, yet you can only play it by releasing Bulgaria and switching tags.
Yeah,it have some pretty good ideas too,since release.
>tfw no Vla6ko into B1lgariq campaign
Sad.

At least I can do that in Crusader Kings.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah,it have some pretty good ideas too,since release.
>tfw no Vla6ko into B1lgariq campaign
Sad.

At least I can do that in Crusader Kings.
Yeah,but ck3 is pretty boring outside of it. I couldn't even finish a single game in it. Also no expansions and dlcs,it had become very stale,same as most of their games. I am surprised that they decided to listen to people and drop the frequent dlc thing. The practice was not the problem in itself,the problem was that they lack skilled people and put out garbage content. At least the frequent DLCs kept the community alive,now it is once a year and people just fuck off the rest of time. Even if it was hate,people still did interact and got hyped for the next dlc. It is not like decreasing the frequency of the dlcs improved the quality.

Vatnik Wumao
Yeah,but ck3 is pretty boring outside of it.
Eh, it has a solid foundation. We'll see how it'll shape up down the line. I'm looking forward to Royal Court personally, particularly for the culture stuff. Dunno if it'll be enough to keep me playing though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom