Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Rome - the final Expeditions game from Logic Artists

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
SvhRHlF.png
Sorry, can someone explain me what is this about? I'm honestly not getting the reference/problem

Ok so, from all your reactions I deduce that you're as much idiots that you cannot express yourselves with words.

I should've known it.
Codex gonna Codex. Please be patient and understanding.
true roman.png

>Hello, fellow RPGers. I don't see the problem with this. Care to explain? You don't? Guess you must be stupid like I thought! Ha!

Litmanen

Educated
Sorry, can someone explain me what is this about? I'm honestly not getting the reference/problem

Ok so, from all your reactions I deduce that you're as much idiots that you cannot express yourselves with words.

I should've known it.
Codex gonna Codex. Please be patient and understanding.
View attachment 49661

>Hello, fellow RPGers. I don't see the problem with this. Care to explain? You don't? Guess you must be stupid like I thought! Ha!
Damn, you reach every single day a new peak of stupidity.

It must be a very hard life being so stupid and looking for "enemies" every single day.

I would like to measure your penis to make some statistical deduction.

Alphons

Cipher
Finished my playthrough- around 43 hours.

Combat stayed pretty fun until almost the end of Gaullia. The part of the final siege with the dam was so bloated with enemies and friendlies that my 2 turns took almost 25 minutes. No idea how much it'd take if I didn't have 3 guys with unlimited movement and greek fire.

I liked the story and it's more focused than in earlier Expeditions, but it feels very on rails with 1 choice per act changing something major (choosing between galley and cave in 1, killing Cleopatra or old Berber in 2, sacrificing eye or companion in 3 and crossing Rubicon in 4) and a very tight string of main missions you need to pass without room for failure.
Most smaller choices were also pretty mid when compared to previous entries with just choosing to spare/ kill a few characters.
A few times I felt like I lacked a diplomatic option (did I really need to murder lion hunters/ start riots in Memphis/ kill a bunch of farmers in random cave).
No idea if I was blessed by RNG or it just doesn't matter, but I had no problems with Morale or characters leaving party.

Main companions were alright, even the black guy in the second half of the game.
I didn't care about Praetorians at all. Why didn't they just make a bunch of unique characters with smaller stories like in Conquistador? You can get a bunch of unique ones like your slave, deserter in Egypt and one of Ferrata guys if you spare him in Gaullia, but everyone else is completely RNG.

Gladiators stayed weak until the end, while the Veles were able to have infinite movement points, guarantee crits on next attack, deal +100% damage with sneak attacks, regenerate AP with a hotbar skill and on kill.

I didn't bother with equipment- just upgraded unique stuff and Praetorian starter gear in Forge.

Legion battles stayed boring until the end- I rushed decimating enemies with Artillery/ Infantry at any cost after last town in Greece got reinforced to almost 10K troops with all enemies that ran away from earlier battles.

While I had fun with combat, I don't see myself replaying it (I've played each of the previous ones 3 times). There weren't any optional fights, my choices didn't affect the fights or who I was fighting with or against, so anything that'd change would be taking the second choice in each act and killing every character I've spared this time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom