Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I might try it in czech just to see how far I can go without understanding a single word.

More seriously though. I'm not much into mods or fanmade campaigns, but I think I might give this one a spin at some point. Seems interesting enough.

Turrul

Augur
I feel like a crackhead short of his daily dose when it comes to Fallout, this better be good.

Is there any other (English ofc) overhaul mods like these for classic Fallouts anyway?

Paul_cz

Arcane
It's a modification for Fallout 2 (yes, for that old game)

:hmmm:

I find this choice of words disturbing.
He was being sarcastic there.

Anyway I finished it couple years ago and yeah, it was great. Bigger than Fallout 1, lots of fun quests, pretty hardcore difficulty and very bleak atmosphere, much closer to F1 than F2.

Nice little trailer, but they should have used higher-resolution pics because I can't read shit there

BTW, is Ressurection compatible with all those new mods and conveniences the community created - Stuff like the HiRes patch, or stuff like Unlimited Save slots and such?

Does Ressurection changes/creates any new mechanics?

All you need is Fallout 2 installed. Resurrection already has sfall and highres patch integrated.

Perkel

Arcane
Finally one of the big projects coming in english.

All those russian projects without english support annoys me to no end.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
dqPU3RF.png

Hmm

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Learn :obviously: Ruskie Language; Fallout Nevada is great but with my school Russian I only managed to got to Reno... where I hit the walls of text and had to quit. :negative:
WAIT

you aren't Russian ??!

Best Russian hailing from part of Belarus occupied by Potatoland since 1918 and then again 1944... sadly as 90% of Ruskie people here I am 100% polonized too. :decline: Understand Russian TV and movies well enough but cant read books or walls of text without dictionary. :negative:

valcik

Arcane
BTW, is Ressurection compatible with all those new mods and conveniences the community created - Stuff like the HiRes patch, or stuff like Unlimited Save slots and such?
Yes, Resurrection installer goes with Hi-Res patch improved by its own convenient configurator, don't worry. Unlimited save slots are part of sfall modification which is integrated in Resurrection as well, and there are some other small mods such as Party Orders add-on put in Resurrection too.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What engine is this? lol looks like 90s diablo or something, why not just use one of the Fallout creation kits? could be a proper 1st person immersive rpg, like lots of mods made with it, instead of this strategy game looking throwback.

I'll try it sometime this week

Bloodlust

Augur

I think this is one of the very very first dialogues,after you are recovered.Where the devs are trying to establish some of your background and past. It is implied that your char has a dark past. Don't focus to much on the "only 1 option to chose" from this screen ,as it's just 1 node from this conversation and it is know from trailers and various comments and reviews from people that played the game there is a much greater number of ways to aproach each situation/quest than fallout1 even. Writing seems great from some samples and a bit amature judjing by other samples.I can perfectly live with that ,way better that the constant retardation bombardment from recent Bethesda titles.

Also,the idea and the central plot of this mod ,was conceived 13 years ago,was amnesia considered a cliche even back then?

In any way,this is the first one of those big mods that started aeons ago,like mutants rising ,fan made fallout (which I was a part on as map designer) fallout yurop, F:BGE and some other I am forgetting.Somehow managed to survive due to stubborness of it's creators and will get a release in less than 24 hrs from now. I am ready for another proper fallout experience,something that I've been waiting for even longer than the time it took this mod to get completed.

I feel like a crackhead short of his daily dose when it comes to Fallout, this better be good.

Is there any other (English ofc) overhaul mods like these for classic Fallouts anyway?

Well there's mutants rising,which has shrink to a handfull of loyal to the project developers.Work is being done,on a bit slow rate though , and they are pretty far in the development process. The just stopped generating PR for the project though unless some big milestone is reached and ofcourse you can find a few bits of new info in their forum and the NMA hosted forum. They are equally stubborn to the ones that made ressurection,which makes me beleive that in a few years we might see a release.

Mutants rising main menu screen :
uQblDMX.png

Also, as you may be aware , a group has come together and tries to tranlsate Olympus to english.

It is quite painfull,that FoN which might be the best fallout mod so far,might never get translated.

The picture below shows in comparison,how big of a books the dialogue only from fo1 fo2 and FoN would make:
46XYT9Z.jpg

Last edited:

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Speaking about "Fallout:Nevada", i think, not all "Fallout", "Fallout 2" fans will be happy with changes made to gameplay because it is less combat oriented and has more resource management.

Mustawd

Wish I had time to replay FO1 and then FO 1.5.

All I have time for lately is posting on the dex from work :(

Hopefully get around to my annual FO play through in August.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Wish I had time to replay FO1 and then FO 1.5.

Use cheatengine, mate. With 5x speed mode on, you can go through FO1 in 5-6 hours, depending on your combat build. And I mean 100% playthrough, yeah. Mb 7 hours if you read, like, everything (you should already have this stuff memorized, lol).

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The writing seems fairly terrible so far, but I'm not far enough into the game to make a final judgment. There's a lot of edginess going on though, like a child junkie getting blasted to pieces by a guard, or people constantly asking a female PC if she wants to fuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom