Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Fallout 3 'addicting as Jet sprinkled on an Iguana-stick'

RGE

Liturgist
kingcomrade said:
I didn't know throwing flares blinded people. Do you have to him them in the eyes?
I assume so. I think the chance of scoring a critical with an eye hit is 50% or more, and with Improved Criticals, even a zero damage attack can kill an opponent. Or blind them, or whatever. I guess I should've paid closer attention to how fast flares are to cast, because it really seems like a good way to quickly get a lot of crit chances. Unfortunately my current FO2 character, while adept at throwing stuff, is also a Fast Shot which means that she doesn't get to do any aimed shots. And her Luck is abysmal, so the criticals are rare and weak. So she won't be able to benefit from this tactic. But knowing this, I guess I'll treat Throwing as a serious skill from now on.

As for critical hits on arms, I only used it when I didn't have a high enough skill to get 95% chance to hit the eyes, and the target had a twohanded weapon that I didn't want to see used against me. No idea if one crippled arm lowers accuracy for a onehanded weapon, but I don't think it does for the PC, so I always assumed that the same rule applies to NPCs. Need two healthy arms to wield a twohanded weapon though. At least as far as I remember.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom