Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

karfhud

Augur
An reliable source has confirmed that Microsoft is going to have at least one "big" third-party exclusive reveal during their stage show. We don't know the exact game, but our source said the game is both something "unexpected" and "something people will be really excited about."
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-rumors/1100-6419935/

Uh, maybe, after all, that's Fallout 4. I'd be really surprised if they went for a XBONE exclusive... but it'd just be too much of a coincidence, considering the NeoGAF rumours.

unexpected

Check. Sort of.

something people will be really excited about

Yeah, well, check.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
You don't think there are 20+ other games that would meet that teaser description?

Last I heard Pete Hines declared we would not see Fallout 4 for a long time and denied it would be Xbox exclusive, so unless he was straight-up lying, which I doubt since normally he would just not say anything, it's not going to be Fallout 4. People desperately want exciting shit to happen at E3 so they keep pushing rumors like this even when they don't make any sense.

karfhud

Augur
You don't think there are 20+ other games that would meet that teaser description?

Yes, obviously. However, that NeoGAF rumour stating F4's gonna be an XBONE exclusive was so out of the blue that combined with this info it actually sounds more real. I'm gonna get burned for this, but I'd really want them to announce F4, it's just that naive hope that this time around they're gonna draw conclusions and get more out of Fallout than just exploration.

:mob:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yes, obviously. However, that NeoGAF rumour stating F4's gonna be an XBONE exclusive was so out of the blue that combined with this info it actually sounds more real. I'm gonna get burned for this, but I'd really want them to announce F4, it's just that naive hope that this time around they're gonna draw conclusions and get more out of Fallout than just exploration.

An Xbox One exclusive Fallout 4 might as well not even exist, as far as I'm concerned. Also it's not going to happen, the money required would be astronomical and Pete Hines has already shot down the rumor.

Also that image used in conjunction with being excited for Fallout 4 is... unwise.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fucking morons don't realize they're being blessed not having that thing bagged over their proverbial shoulders.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Some people are upset that Fallout 4 wasn't revealed at E3.

In this case being a 12 year old spoiled brat. *shrug*
Or is there perhaps some widespread butthurt I might have missed?

But the sooner bethesda makes their "fallout", the sooner Obsidian can make the good one...

As much as I enjoyed F:NV for 2 playtroughs, I wouldn't mind Fallout being given the proverbial shot in the back of the head, which would be the mercifull thing to do. That damn engine, man.

Edit: Utopia.

Last edited:

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

But the sooner bethesda makes their "fallout", the sooner Obsidian can make the good one...

As much as I enjoyed F:NV for 2 playtroughs, I wouldn't mind Fallout being given the proverbial shot in the back of the head, which would be the mercifull thing to do. That damn engine, man.

Why don't you? Your name is obviously an acronym for a Geo-Orbital Destroyer

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2

[Video]

Why don't you? Your name is obviously an acronym for a Geo-Orbital Destroyer

Some snobbish British secret agent stole one of two activation keys required. A pain in the neck.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
QuakeCon's next month, but that doesn't seem like the right venue to reveal the next Obsidian slamdunk hit.

Lios

Cipher
Cheers mates, new to the forum.

Fallout 1 been years since i last played it. It's the one that I perceive as the most frightening in the series, mostly because it was my first fallout experience and I was a kiddo. Not my favorite, but I can't forget the feeling of wandering the map for the first game, or Ian shooting the shit out of your back (you'd imagine that at least 80% of the Shady Shands population would be dead with Ian as a protector of the community).

Fallout 2 is the one I remember better due to it being my favorite and playing it more than 1-2 times. I was never a decent fallout (or rpg that is) player, so I don't really have much to say bout the GURPS and burps and shit, it all worked for me like a charm, even the too persistent pop culture references, inside jokes yada yada yada. Still, it was still cynical like the first one and found the atmosphere top notch. And of course I got assfucked from that mutant in Broken Hills in my first playthrough.

Fallout Tactics, tried to install it a little later after its release (a friend gave it to me to try it out), didn't make it, left it and never happened to touch it again. Now I just don't care, really.

Fallout BOS, I think i totally missed it when it was out. Learned of its existence some years ago, youtubed it and couldnt stop laughing. So dunno shit about it.

I gave Fallout New Vegas GOTY edition a go last year, crappy first person view and combat, though when I decided to stop caring bout those, I found myself liking it more and more. I'm currently playing it again with console commands this time, just to fuck around and search for any stuff I missed in previous playthroughs. All in all, I like what those Obsidian guys did given the circumstances, and the humor/writing reminded me of FO2 which for me is a good thing of course.

Fallout 3 I never played. Even after surpassing my detestation of FPS gameplay/combat in the Fallout series (due to FO:NV), I tried to install it like, 3-4 times and I didn't even get after the first loading screen. So, I really don't have an opinion on this, but reading around the net got me thinking that maybe i don't want to have an opinion bout Fallout 3 anyway.

As for Fallout 4, I'm not an optimist at all. Maybe I'll wait 2-3 years more for FO:NV 2 to arrive.

*English in not my native language, show some compasssion eh?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Do people really think a FO4 announcement is imminent? And I thought Bethesderp was developing it rather than outsourcing to Obisidian? Wouldn't surprise me if they haven't even started -- putting it off until they can come up with a decent engine. Gamebryo, Gamebryo masquerading as Creation, whatever they want to call it is not going to cut it.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Do people really think a FO4 announcement is imminent?

I think it's mostly just the fact that they've been pretty consistent with their releases up until now, almost three years now without even a proper announcement isn't what they usually do.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Do people really think a FO4 announcement is imminent? And I thought Bethesderp was developing it rather than outsourcing to Obisidian? Wouldn't surprise me if they haven't even started -- putting it off until they can come up with a decent engine. Gamebryo, Gamebryo masquerading as Creation, whatever they want to call it is not going to cut it.
Of course they've started, Skyrim was finished with all expansions over a year and a half ago, and they can't just have that many level designers, artists etc. sitting on their asses waiting for the programmers to make a new engine.

If I were to guess, I would say that Fallout 4 is late because back in 2011 when the main Skyrim game was done and the engine programmers moved on to the next project, they vastly overestimated how powerful the "next gen" consoles would be, and so they've had to play catch-up to scale down the game over the last year. Fallout 4 will probably be even a bigger technical mess when it comes out than a typical bethgame.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The more I think about it the Commonwealth storyline seems likely -- they can't recycle the Brotherhood/Enclave plot and they don't strike me as being as capable as Obsidian in making up antagonists.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The engine improvements made for Skyrim were pretty decent but I'm not sure people will accept another game with that engine's quirks, especially on next-gen machines with higher expectations. They've made it clear they aren't changing engines, but another revamp might be required. They better add seamless indoor transitions for example, and ladders for fuck's sake.

Fall 2015 or 2016 are both possible, I would say, depending on how much they're changing.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yep, that's the main thing, the shitty transitions. But I doubt they fix that.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
They had those transitions in Terminator: Future Shock in 1995. 19 years later, it's never going away.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom