Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
It's funny considering that IRL blacks make up for 70% of DC's population.

The machete rape gangs had long since consumed themselves in a blaze of rapeous fury.

argan

Augur
How in the name of fuck are they going to introduce Lovecraft lore in the Fallout setting? Claim that the Master was a mechanised bastard child of Cthulhu?

theHiddenHand

Educated
argan said:
How in the name of fuck are they going to introduce Lovecraft lore in the Fallout setting? Claim that the Master was a mechanised bastard child of Cthulhu?

:bravo:

Oh Yeah that works for me :)

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
One and Only Ebonic brotha in F3
The best part about Three Dog is that his slang and manner of speech aren't used by anyone found in Fallout 3's DC, ever, anywhere. Which means that he was solely responsible for creating his 90s-style radio DJ shtick in a post-apocalyptic wasteland grounded in 1950s culture, with no outside influences whatsoever.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera

Stupid books and stuff i guess.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Yeah that building was a stroke of genius in otherwise mostly shit environments (can anyone think of a single vault in FO3 that wasn't dumb as hell?)

Didn't FO3 have a location that was influenced by The Dunwich Horror?

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Dunwich_Building
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Ug-Qualtoth

Haven't played the game but I'm sure it was thoroughly excellent and fit the FO setting perfectly well.

And a side-quest that required the player to go there in Point Lookout. (I missed that in my for-the-lulz-LP though, couldn't stand it any longer).

And Hackdirt village in Oblivion.

argan

Augur
Hm, I missed that place entirely. There's a Fallout 3 lulz-LP? Have to check it out. :)

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
The people of Bethesda's post-apocalyptic north-eastern US thus have the means to create miraculous feats of engineering, perfectly mimicing the human mind and making androids pretty much indistinguishable from a normal person (all in a world, as TBS just said, where advanced computers take up the better part of a room), that they use to plant seeds in the earth, because they are still unable to repair a tractor, a seed drill and a combine harvester?

Ok. But slavery! Fucking deep social commentary bitches, culture pages in the news papers orgasm 10/10.

In before social commentary 2.0 DLC where the androids now freed and being paid a wage are up in arms because the evil plantationers have introduced mechanised farming equipment to replace them (it runs on android babies as fuel, I dont know how that woks but it means they are even MORE EVUL!!!!)

Of course, the androids could simply be pulling a plow because PETA survived and wont allow animals to be used for physical labor.

Brinko

Arcane
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/11975/article/fallout-4-rumor-is-a-bunch-of-fake-nonsense/
Yesterday, I reporter on a rumor stating that Fallout 4 would be taking place in Boston. It's a likely possibility that the game, regardless of the rumor, will be set in the area given the references to the city in Fallout 3. However, the rumor itself was a complete fabrication—a lie—made up by a bored redditor.
The redditor, going by the name of "GNR_Informant" wrote on a massively upvoted self-post on reddit's r/gaming section that he has a friend who works at Bethesda, who filled him on various details about the upcoming game—details of which can be found in my report.
After numerous inquiries, he eventually came clean and stated simply: "I have no proof because this was all a lie. Got bored and posted this," he said without any hint of irony.
As I warned in my post, rumors like these should be taken with an enormous heaping of salt, and it just goes to show that you can't trust anything you read on the internet, especially when it's posted by an anonymous source on a relatively anonymous website. While many users may leave breadcrumbs about their real world identities in their posts, it appears that GNR_Informant made his account for the explicit purpose of trolling fans of the game.
That being said, it won't be long before Bethesda really comes around to make a proper announcement about whatever it is they have in the works. The people want Fallout 4, and they're going to get it.
Thank fucking Christ.

Kahlis

Cipher
Nah, the Enclave will start modifying all their soldiers with another super secret FEV strain that somehow made its way to the east coast, turning them all into monsters like Frank Horrigan. Complex commentaries on transhumanism as a necessary end for humanity (a la FO1, only the critics won't point that out) to be waged.

Luzur

Good Sir
The best part about Three Dog is that his slang and manner of speech aren't used by anyone found in Fallout 3's DC, ever, anywhere. Which means that he was solely responsible for creating his 90s-style radio DJ shtick in a post-apocalyptic wasteland grounded in 1950s culture, with no outside influences whatsoever.

so im not the only one who noticed that? good.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

so im not the only one who noticed that? good.

You're not the only one but pointing it outside Codex would give you Racist tag and banhammer for your trouble, as pointless exercise as discussing Patricia Hernandez articles.

Luzur

Good Sir
Yeah that building was a stroke of genius in otherwise mostly shit environments (can anyone think of a single vault in FO3 that wasn't dumb as hell?)

must have been an intern that came up with that, too bad you cant have the chance to play for a longer time in that "see through the eyes of bygone age" section, instead of just that quick flash.

maybe get caught up in that flash, then walk around a busy office building with friendly coworkers going about before the war happened, then suddenly when you are getting coffee, it ends, leaving you deep inside with alot of ghouls behind you.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Nah, the Enclave will start modifying all their soldiers with another super secret FEV strain that somehow made its way to the east coast, turning them all into monsters like Frank Horrigan. Complex commentaries on transhumanism as a necessary end for humanity (a la FO1, only the critics won't point that out) to be waged.
You mean like "mutants are bad because they are evil and violate nature! ... but maybe mutants aren't so bad after all?!" Somehow I think even that is too sophisticated for Bethesda.

I'm expecting something more along the lines of "your dad is a super mutant, find the FEV cure to save him and the entire wasteland!"

RPGMaster

Savant
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/11975/article/fallout-4-rumor-is-a-bunch-of-fake-nonsense/
Yesterday, I reporter on a rumor stating that Fallout 4 would be taking place in Boston. It's a likely possibility that the game, regardless of the rumor, will be set in the area given the references to the city in Fallout 3. However, the rumor itself was a complete fabrication—a lie—made up by a bored redditor.
The redditor, going by the name of "GNR_Informant" wrote on a massively upvoted self-post on reddit's r/gaming section that he has a friend who works at Bethesda, who filled him on various details about the upcoming game—details of which can be found in my report.
After numerous inquiries, he eventually came clean and stated simply: "I have no proof because this was all a lie. Got bored and posted this," he said without any hint of irony.
As I warned in my post, rumors like these should be taken with an enormous heaping of salt, and it just goes to show that you can't trust anything you read on the internet, especially when it's posted by an anonymous source on a relatively anonymous website. While many users may leave breadcrumbs about their real world identities in their posts, it appears that GNR_Informant made his account for the explicit purpose of trolling fans of the game.
That being said, it won't be long before Bethesda really comes around to make a proper announcement about whatever it is they have in the works. The people want Fallout 4, and they're going to get it.
Thank fucking Christ.

A gaming "journalist" didn't bother researching and seeking confirmation before posting a rumour and now has to post a retraction?

I shocked. Shocked and appalled.

EG

Nullified
A gaming "journalist" didn't bother researching and seeking confirmation before posting a rumour and now has to post a retraction?

I shocked. Shocked and appalled.

Retract a statement in this day and age? :mad:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom