Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Dead Guy

Cipher
The Schwartz is strong in this one.

Borelli

Arcane
fallout3_winner_troll.png

Braid best writing.
:hmmm:

hiver

Great job. Im only wondering how you can take all of that and wade through so much crap....i gave up much sooner to spare my brain further disgust.

One small detail. You could have reiterated, in the last paragraph, how stupid it is for the player to be turning ON the project purity which up to that point you were trying to stop the Enclave from doing.
It is clear for anyone with a modest intelligence and was described before, but maybe you could have driven the point home one more time.

Also, both that game and this thread should be called "Facepalm 3 & 4".

hiver

A long-winded, pointlessly analytic rant about the "plot" and "writing" of a game I hate. Enjoy!

It isnt pointless or a rant, sea.
No reason to devalue your good research and precise detailed work like that.

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
you fucks just can't into deep writing.

the Enclave wanted to RULE THE WORLD WASTELAND by controlling the water supply...or was it that they wanted to poison the water supply with FEV? fuck, the plot is so deep I can't even remember.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
you fucks just can't into deep writing.

the Enclave wanted to RULE THE WORLD WASTELAND by controlling the water supply...or was it that they wanted to poison the water supply with FEV? fuck, the plot is so deep I can't even remember.
No you idiot, they wanted to kill everyone in the Wasteland so they would have all that prime brown and grey real estate for themselves. I mean, all those abandoned buildings and vast expanses of nothing were taking up so much space, they just had to get rid of all the inhabitants.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I vaguely recall that Colonel Douche having some nefarious intention with the water. I doubt it was well constructed or logical, but I think they tried.

Anyway even as someone who enjoys Bethesda games for their exploration and shit I am the first to say their writing is god damn terrible since Morrowind.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
I think it's just Bethesda not getting the Fallout setting in this particular case. In comparison, New Vegas comes of as a much more coherent game not built around "hey, that's a cool location/idea/whatever, we must put it into the game" mentality. There was a video with one guy talking about this, I wish I could find it.
That's why i said console game writers bro,obsidian are design their games for pc first and ports them to console.

Psquit

Arcane
You are all forgetting about that thing, The Rock-It Launcher... that shit that allows you to use teddy bears as bullets or other mod shit like companion cubes...

the only good thing about that shit is that maybe you can find a mod for new vegas and use potatoes as ammo... throwing corn and shit an making people head explode!!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'm still trying to forget the entire horror of actually finishing and playing Fallout 3. I honestly thought people on the Codex were just being retarded trolls.

ugh.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'm still trying to forget the entire horror of actually finishing and playing Fallout 3. I honestly thought people on the Codex were just being retarded trolls.

ugh.

You... you did what? :eek: How were you able to put up with it?

To enter into discussion about the game, having actually played it (and finished it). I also Finished Dragon Age 1 1/2 times as well, just to discuss it, then just finally said why in the fuck am I even doing this shit to myself.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I no longer will EVER play BioWare or Bethesda developed games. I learned my lesson.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom