Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Koschey

Arcane
Well, he aint lying that this generation is shit, if games like braid gets nominated for best writting then there must be something wrong with the tap water or this generation...

You should recalibrate your sarcasm detector, I was just poking fun at one of the comments from the link he posted, namely this one:
Everyone I know that likes Fallout 3 has been laid, just saying

I could never actually question the shittiness of the current generation. It's too frustratingly obvious.

Thankfully we have Underrail and can just ignore this shit game. <3
:bro:

tumblr_mh1h9zboMi1r21xzlo1_500.png

"Quite serious depression" and a friend gives him a post-apocalyptic game :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

tumblr_mgag0h3G5I1r21xzlo1_500.png

tumblr_mgafsj7q7Z1r21xzlo1_500.png

tumblr_me6203mim41r21xzlo1_500.png

paging Dgaider

tumblr_me3qwn0rhe1r21xzlo1_500.png

What's that about Roguey?

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
New Vegas fandom is :incline:

If you're gonna be an obsessive weirdo about something, at least worship the right games. :smug: :mca:

edit:

tumblr_mh1iks8RRn1r21xzlo1_500.png

tumblr_mh1fy74jHH1r21xzlo1_500.png

tumblr_mh1fqjiOxi1r21xzlo1_500.png

:rage:

Borelli

Arcane
tumblr_mh1h9zboMi1r21xzlo1_500.png

If i managed to kill alpha deathclaw while wearing ncr trooper rags damn right i would be feeling stronger as a person.

Psquit

Arcane
tumblr_mdejqkuymq1r21xzlo1_500.png

lol at least in the battle of hoover dam i have to actually shoot people to win.

tumblr_mddy1lMrFy1r21xzlo1_500.png

hahahahahahahaha... GTFO

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I still don't know who would give Aaron Diaz so much fucking money for that goddamn webcartoon. Fuck.

Somehow, that is more interesting than Fallout 4.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I will never forget turning on vats and shooting some shit every time a missile was coming to me, only to avoid any damage :lol: Damn, Fallout 3 was shit.

dextermorgan

Arcane
He still doesn't seem to be aware that to duck behind cover you simply have to...duck behind cover.
And in Oblivion With Guns you end up emptying your clip into the rock/car/fence when you try to shoot the enemy, even though what you see on the screen indicates your barrel is clearing the obstacle.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
He still doesn't seem to be aware that to duck behind cover you simply have to...duck behind cover. Why is he expecting that to be "implemented" on FO4? (unless he's talking about sticky cover, but he seems somewhat sane)

Of course that's what he's talking about. The same shit that's in every other console shooter these days.

Dustin542

Liturgist
He still doesn't seem to be aware that to duck behind cover you simply have to...duck behind cover.
And in Oblivion With Guns you end up emptying your clip into the rock/car/fence when you try to shoot the enemy, even though what you see on the screen indicates your barrel is clearing the obstacle.
Its 2013 and their asset creators still can't match the collision box dimension of things to their meshes.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Its 2013 and their asset creators still can't match the collision box dimension of things to their meshes.

I don't think it's that, but rather that if they DID align things properly, things would start falling through the various meshes - from props, other items, and the ground itself.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I guess nobody ever told Bethesda that you can use both collision meshes and per-pixel hit detection... technology that was used in games 15 years ago.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I guess nobody ever told Bethesda that you can use both collision meshes and per-pixel hit detection... technology that was used in games 15 years ago.

How exactly would you do "per-pixel hit detection" in a 3D game in which the smallest unit of movement is something along the lines of 1 * 10^-63, and where small enclosed areas probably reach 100 in all directions, minimum, with the boundaries being all over the place?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom