Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I'm interested in seeing what their engine revamp from Skyrim can do with 8GB of RAM though.

Witcher 3 will be open world without loading screens, so they'll probably aim for the same. And knowing the level of technical know-how at Bethesda, they'll probably fuck it all up. :lol:

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
I'm interested in seeing what their engine revamp from Skyrim can do with 8GB of RAM though.

Meh, I am sure there will be enough memory leaks to choke a brahmin. Gamebryo was only involved in rendering graphics, while most of buggy shit was written by BGS's crack team of monkeys randomly smashing at keyboards.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

The knowledge you show makes your first question kinda out of place. So, your point is... ?

That's a leading question, I prefer asking them as opposed to just outwardly declaring: "You're wrong."
Sides, I kind of hoped that Sea would've pointed me to some awesome new collision detection method I didn't know of which met his requirements; per pixel hit detection in a 3D world in the vein of Skyrim.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I doubt anything they could announce regarding Fallout 4 would peak my interest, at this point Fallout 3 is such a non entity to me that i couldn't care less. Bethesda should just license their brands to more capable developers.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
They should have Obsidian make a series of spinoffs called Fallout: Hardcore with first person turn-based combat, map travel and location nodes, in depth statistics for all skills, better writing than 15 year old angsty twat's fan fiction, and real choices with real consequences. Will never happen though.... so why do I torture myself? WHY!?

first person turn-based combat

RobotnikNotHappy.jpg

The single-character turn-based combat is already bad enough in isometric view.

Psquit

Arcane
Todd: WHAT? i am to be saddled with this misshapen--
Todd: Very well. But lets remade this game.
Bethesda: Remade? with what?.
Todd: With anything... Gamebryo perhaps.
Todd: And who knows? our lord works in mysterious ways.
Todd: Even this foul game may yet prove one day to be
Todd: Of use to me.

And Todd gave the game a cruel name, a name that means "Popamole"

FALLOUT 4 ™

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
What about Cyberpunk? Open world as well?

I think they confirmed it in some interview, yes. Would make sense for both games to use the same engine anyway.

Edit: Yup, from an EuroGamer article:

Badowski told me that Cyberpunk 2077, like The Witcher 3, will also be an open world game - albeit in a very different setting. "The first and most important environment for Cyberpunk is the city, obviously," he said. "But not only the city: you can expect some more environments in the Cyberpunk game. We want to start in the Night City, which is cool. And yes it will be an open world game as well."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom