Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I'm sorry you didn't deserve that.
I haven't eaten anything yet today and I got low bloodsugar.

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
every time I wanna say FO3 wasn't so bad all I have to do is remember that it was set 200 years after the nukes fell...and yet somehow it managed to look like only a week after a nuclear war.

Did the people decide not to clean up or rebuild anything in 2 fucking centuries with all that tech and scientists a plenty just lying around?

oh well, FO4 will surely be GOTY either way. Todd Howard is a god.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
tumblr_m3ugcicMEq1ro9sq3o1_400.jpg

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
It wouldn't surprise me if they already had their bribes budgeted.
you'd think it must suck to have to pay for so many awards and positive reviews but for a AAA game, especially one which isn't a multiplayer FPS, I'd say it was almost necessary if they want to turn a profit.

Hmm, which pantheon would he fit best into?
Pantheon unclear; Divine name would undoubtedly be "Jewthullu"

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
They've probably never played Fallout 1 or 2 in their lives, so of course they act like holier-than-thou pricks when fans of the series voice their concerns that Bethesda are both radically changing the gameplay, streamlining several gameplay mechanics, and have a lead artist who's more-or-less completely unfamiliar with the series he's designing for (fuck, you'd think it'd kill him just to fucking run through 1 or 2 for a few hours for research, just to get the gist of things), all that's getting raped in their eyes is some ancient dinosaur RPG with shitty pixel graphics and confusing gameplay which angers them because it doesn't let them go everywhere immediately and actually has the gall to punish them for making stupid decisions.

At least New Vegas was a step in the right direction. Can't wait to see how Todd Howard fucks it up.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
They've probably never played Fallout 1 or 2 in their lives, so of course they act like holier-than-thou pricks when fans of the series voice their concerns that Bethesda are both radically changing the gameplay, streamlining several gameplay mechanics, and have a lead artist who's more-or-less completely unfamiliar with the series he's designing for (fuck, you'd think it'd kill him just to fucking run through 1 or 2 for a few hours for research, just to get the gist of things), all that's getting raped in their eyes is some ancient dinosaur RPG with shitty pixel graphics and confusing gameplay which angers them because it doesn't let them go everywhere immediately and actually has the gall to punish them for making stupid decisions.

At least New Vegas was a step in the right direction. Can't wait to see how Todd Howard fucks it up.

New Vegas still had the shadow of Bethesda hanging over its head, at least JE Sawyer was cool enough to make Hardcore Mode decent on his spare time.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
This just in, realism and immersion define a RPG according to random Bethesda fans:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1458273-can-this-be-the-reason/page-3
What did you expect? These are people that hold up glorified hiking simulators as "deep RPGs."

And they like FO3 more than FONV?
Actually, most of them don't, from what I remember when I used to post there. The Fallout forum there has a lot of true Fallout fans (I remember undecaf posting there).

argan

Augur
This just in, realism and immersion define a RPG according to random Bethesda fans:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1458273-can-this-be-the-reason/page-3
What did you expect? These are people that hold up glorified hiking simulators as "deep RPGs."

And they like FO3 more than FONV?
Actually, most of them don't, from what I remember when I used to post there. The Fallout forum there has a lot of true Fallout fans (I remember undecaf posting there).

I don't know what I expected, really. Less inane ramblings about the immersion and evolution of the degenerate ancient turn-based system to glorious fps-style super-awesome real-time combat.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

There must be something wrong with me because I still post there even though I disagree with most of the people there about almost everything.

$T2eC16d,!%29cE9s4Pu,YjBRKucvMIqw~~60_35.JPG

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom