Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

I would be much more bitter and angry if Wasteland 2 wasn't in production. Now, I just can't make myself care too much about Fallout 4 (although I do feel SOME mix of anger/bitterness/sadness for poor Fallout's fate, but that was mostly after Fallout 3, so now it's kinda given :().

Koschey

Arcane
One thing I'm absolutely hoping for in Fallout 4 is the ability to dual wield. Nothing would make me happier than walking up to some junkie merchant theif, smashing their face in with brass knuckles, and then blowing their brains out with a pistol

The new core Falllout audience.

So, back to the roots with two item slots? :smug:

DarthBehemoth

Learned
I would be much more bitter and angry if Wasteland 2 wasn't in production. Now, I just can't make myself care too much about Fallout 4 (although I do feel SOME mix of anger/bitterness/sadness for poor Fallout's fate, but that was mostly after Fallout 3, so now it's kinda given :().

Nah, Fallout has been redeemed somewhat after Obsidian did New Vegas. If Bethesda is smart (which they aren't) They'll outsource the next Fallout to another developer...

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Nah, Fallout has been redeemed somewhat after Obsidian did New Vegas.

Somewhat, yes. Though that situation was something like Bethesda taking a shit and asking Obsidian to make a sculpture out of it. They did, and the sculpture is well-made for its part, but it is still made from shit.

If Bethesda is smart

:hearnoevil:

(which they aren't)

:balance:

They'll outsource the next Fallout to another developer...

:mca:
"Sorry, we busy, y'all."

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
After how Bethesda screwed over Obsidian? Obsidian won't likely work for them again.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Obsidian is desperate enough to whore themselves out to shitty russian pay2win MMOs so I doubt they would refuse any bones that Bethshitsda might toss their way.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Obsidian is desperate enough to whore themselves out to shitty russian pay2win MMOs so I doubt they would refuse any bones that Bethshitsda might toss their way.

Well, whores are desperate...

They would likely to go other publishers before whoring out to Bethesda again though.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
After how Bethesda screwed over Obsidian? Obsidian won't likely work for them again.
Obsidian (Urquhart and Avellone in particular) has made it perfectly clear they would leap at a chance to work on another Fallout game regardless of their circumstances.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
There's no point in making Fallout 4, because Fallout is dead.

The decline in setting started with Fallout2, really, and the infection propagated into Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Gone is the spirit of Fallout 1, where they watched Mad Max on a loop while making the game, and where Tim Cain wanted to explore the details of a post-nuclear world. It's gone. "Fallout" is now a series of boring quests with generic factions, occasionally littered with aliens, The Matrix, vampires, talking deathclaws, cowboy robot sheriffs, apparitions-by-any-other-name, talking trees, and all kinds of other inbred thought-deformities.

Its universe has become a 13-year-olds' first draft of a sci-fi novel, an "eclectic theme park", as opposed to a coherent setting. Its "walking simulator, shit inventory, shit combat" gameplay is endured, rather than enjoyed.

The post-apocalyptic RPG genre isn't dead. It would be great to see something inspired by say, "The Road". But the franchise known as "Fallout" ran off into a ditch a long time ago.

argan

Augur
So, when will we see angsty Ghoul-romances? Or is that exclusively Bioware's turf?

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
There's no point in making Fallout 4, because Fallout is dead.

The decline in setting started with Fallout2, really, and the infection propagated into Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Gone is the spirit of Fallout 1, where they watched Mad Max on a loop while making the game, and where Tim Cain wanted to explore the details of a post-nuclear world. It's gone. "Fallout" is now a series of boring quests with generic factions, occasionally littered with aliens, The Matrix, vampires, talking deathclaws, cowboy robot sheriffs, apparitions-by-any-other-name, talking trees, and all kinds of other inbred thought-deformities.

Its universe has become a 13-year-olds' first draft of a sci-fi novel, an "eclectic theme park", as opposed to a coherent setting. Its "walking simulator, shit inventory, shit combat" gameplay is endured, rather than enjoyed.

The post-apocalyptic RPG genre isn't dead. It would be great to see something inspired by say, "The Road". But the franchise known as "Fallout" ran off into a ditch a long time ago.
Reminds me of the plot of the Dark Tower Series =DDD In fact I could totaly see Roland/Jake/Susana/Eddie running around in Fallout 3

I want Fallout 4 to be a collaboration effort of Bethesda and BioWare.:desu:

Problems that plagued Fallout 3, such as ignoring relevant problems like prostitution, broken families in post-apocalyptic world and the impact of daddy issues ruing everything, and sexual abuse wouldn't be ignored anymore. The setting would be much more believable engageable.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
In an Obsidian game, the idea of having sex with a robot called "Fisto" is rightfully played up as a joke. In a BioWare game, they'd make it a deep and emotional exploration of one's own sexuality. How does a robosexual truly fit into a post-apocalyptic society? :obviously:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Bethesda knew that nothing could be more perverse that their fans. Giving them mod tools is like leaving little boy to sleep in a room full with musims. You can always say later "But I had no idea they would do this!!!"
mrshandyrangedweaponfal.jpg

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I want Fallout 4 to be a collaboration effort of Bethesda and BioWare.:desu:

Problems that plagued Fallout 3, such as ignoring relevant problems like prostitution, broken families in post-apocalyptic world and the impact of daddy issues ruing everything, and sexual abuse wouldn't be ignored anymore. The setting would be much more believable engageable.

This better be a troll.

Bioware devteam writing said:
The sword chopped deeply into the man’s shoulder, and with a kick he sent both of them flying together into the brick wall. His fist was covered in dark red gore.

He would have stayed to finish them off, but the other hunters were already figuring things out. A crossbow bolt flew by Fenris’s head, barely nicking one of his ears, and he could hear the booted feet of more soldiers rushing his way. He ran into the alleyway, leaping over the hunter who struggled to push off his dead comrade, and sped into the maze. Dark doorways flew by as he raced. He cut down clotheslines and tossed over barrels to present obstacles behind him. They were definitely giving chase—he could hear them swearing in Tevinter, and the crossbowman above scrambling to get into position.

The first pair of open shutters he saw and Fenris dived through. He landed in a kitchen filled with the smell of baking bread, and a human woman screamed as he rolled to his feet. No doubt the sight of an elf in skintight armor, carrying a blade almost as large as himself, wasn’t a welcome sight. He got to his feet and noticed the surprisingly comely woman, dressed in a nightgown that revealed more of her cleavage than she no doubt expected, pressing against the wall.

He grinned at her, and she screamed again. So he grabbed a freshly-baked loaf off the counter and raced for the front door of the hovel. Already a soldier was climbing through the window, causing the woman to scream once more and faint dead away.

Bioware, like Bethesda, cannot into writing and world creation. This has been a problem for a very long time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom