Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I posted there for a while but I eventually gave up and came here. I just got tired of reading the same idiotic debates over and over.

deuxhero

Arcane
tumblr_m3ugcicMEq1ro9sq3o1_400.jpg

Food decaying/rotting after time has pasted isn't a hard game mechanic.

Dragon's Dogma does this.

And it was BRILLIANT for balancing healing: Either you packed light perishable healing items, or you carry heavy non-perishables. Stops hoarding till you had 100 healing items and "need latter, can't use" in a completely elegant manner.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I posted there for a while but I eventually gave up and came here. I just got tired of reading the same idiotic debates over and over.

It happens a lot because there's nothing new to argue about (except occasionally educating the populace about how Fallout was concieved and how it should be, and why the new stuff is full of shit). But I find it strangely amusing to argue about shit over and over over there... can't really put my finger on why exactly. A guilty pleasure of mine I guess.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

It happens a lot because there's nothing new to argue about (except occasionally educating the populace about how Fallout was concieved and how it should be, and why the new stuff is full of shit). But I find it strangely amusing to argue about shit over and over over there... can't really put my finger on why exactly. A guilty pleasure of mine I guess.
Do you ever make headway and actually convince a Fallout 3 fan that other games have done things better/

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Dude. Yeah. Why the fuck do you post there?

It's one thing to make alts and troll (*looks from side to side* no idea what you're talking about), but you are like a genuine member. What gives, dude?

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Do you ever make headway and actually convince a Fallout 3 fan that other games have done things better/

It happens occasionally, actually. Not often because they usually don't have any idea what is said to them - or so it, at times, seems - and so they stick to what they understand.

Dude. Yeah. Why the fuck do you post there?

It's one thing to make alts and troll (*looks from side to side* no idea what you're talking about), but you are like a genuine member. What gives, dude?

I'm not really an internet forum person and that's the first place I ever signed up in (I wanted to say "fuck you" to someone, iirc, so I registered), so I just kinda got stuck there. I really don't know, I guess it pays off to have easy arguments about genuine (rather than minute) disagreements - or perhaps I just like to be pissed off about stuff posted there. By the way, were you the late Arya Stark there? What got you banned that time, it didn't seem like you were rushing for it -- if it was you.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
I have almost stopped ever checking the bethsoft forums after finding this site. So glad to see discussions that are not 1 sided, banging head on wall, exercises in futility.

• Vats would be transformed into a generic slowmo gimmick a la Max Payne.
  • Combat will have less rpg variables influencing it, and be more "shootery" like a modern fps.
  • Less dialogue to polish those "next gen" graphics.
  • Borrowing concepts from AAA titles like Farcry 3, Bioshock Infinite, and etcetera.
At one point, regardless of what the trailer will show, player character will reach his hand in front of him, at the landscape or the enemy. Or get back from the ground from after something with two hands for maximum immersion and cinematic experience

IF WE COULD SEE THE SWEAT DROPS AND EYELIDS CLOSING IT WOULD BE A NEW MILESTONE IN DEPTH AND MATURITY OF MODERN GAMING

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
At one point, regardless of what the trailer will show, player character will reach his hand in front of him, at the landscape or the enemy. Or get back from the ground from after something with two hands for maximum immersion and cinematic experience

IF WE COULD SEE THE SWEAT DROPS AND EYELIDS CLOSING IT WOULD BE A NEW MILESTONE IN DEPTH AND MATURITY OF MODERN GAMING
And once again,we will see why games are TEH ART.Boy i wonder how much gaming journalists(HAH!) will give to this new art piece.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
The very fact that they have Fallout Fanfiction forum with 2953 topics and 122593 replies is enough to convince me that we need comrade Breivik to do his job properly at Bethsoft

argan

Augur
One thing I'm absolutely hoping for in Fallout 4 is the ability to dual wield. Nothing would make me happier than walking up to some junkie merchant theif, smashing their face in with brass knuckles, and then blowing their brains out with a pistol

The new core Falllout audience.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think the question is not what they will remove, but what they are going to keep. I am not even sure about SPECIAL, perks and skills. Who needs this crap anyway :troll:

Krivol

Magister
One thing I'm absolutely hoping for in Fallout 4 is the ability to dual wield. Nothing would make me happier than walking up to some junkie merchant theif, smashing their face in with brass knuckles, and then blowing their brains out with a pistol

The new core Falllout audience.

TWO SMG GUNS! WOOOW BULLETS SPREADING ALL OVER THE WASTELANDS! OMG ITZ HEVEN!

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
TWO SMG GUNS! WOOOW BULLETS SPREADING ALL OVER THE WASTELANDS! OMG ITZ HEVEN!

And don't forget to pick the revamped Weapon Handling perk so you can dual-wield miniguns and bazookas, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom