Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lemming42

Arcane
I'm not entirely sure about that, there's plenty of people who think Fallout 3 is Todd's magnum opus and the peak of human endeavour but the majority of people, even ones who prefer Fo3 overall, seem to acknowledge NVs superior writing and design. Being forced in Fallout 4 to support Good Faction and slaughter Evil Faction might be jarring to people after the total control over the plot NV offered.

bonescraper

Maybe if you're a tard who cannot into ini configs - uGrids, shadow resolution and shadow & foliage draw distance make a huge difference and that's just for starters.
The main issue is the shadows, and as far as i can remeber you can't really do much about them, at least in Skyrim. All in all, those tweaks won't make much difference, except for uGrids i guess.

There's no magic "add distant shadows" or "make the game look good lel" setting.

You won't turn this

HVtIOXZ.jpg

Into this

E8FC4C23B1DEAED996F874E4D562D1A32E1CE393

:smug:

MapMan

Arcane
The main issue is the shadows, and as far as i can remeber you can't really do much about them, at least in Skyrim. All in all, those tweaks won't make much difference, except for uGrids i guess.

There's no magic "add distant shadows" or "make the game look good lel" setting.

You won't turn this

HVtIOXZ.jpg

Into this

E8FC4C23B1DEAED996F874E4D562D1A32E1CE393

:smug:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

Yeah iirc Skyrim had some idiotically low limit with shadows, or light sources at least. One would hope that they would've done away with that sort of nonsense this time, but with Bethesda you never know. The flat lighting and lack of contrast overall does them no favors, either, but you can tell it's from the console version since it looks even worse than at the original reveal video:

ibvxxKh3XvwMJc.jpg

HVtIOXZ.jpg

Especially like those hollow cardboard box houses. :lol:

pippin

That looks just like Big Town in FO3. This white light is specially irritating to my eyes. I guess it looks even worse on movement.

bonescraper

Those are also from the PS4 version:

Doesn't look so bad, after all. People are just too retarded to take good screenshots.
Good FO4 screenshots are taken when you have something huge right in front of you. Ok.

Frozen

Arcane
Forget shadows
Textures are low and models are really simple.
And why are all people black&latino

Lemming42

Arcane
We should complain more about the shitty graphics of Fallout New Vegas when we're at it. I couldn't enjoy the story and quests due to it's shitty textures. Blergh.

Sure, it did look like shit and if left unmodded some of the character models managed to be worse than Oblivion. The only reason we're all ripping on the visuals is because it's the only thing we can really comment on from the screenshots and all we know about the game so far, except for the horrific dialogue wheel.

bonescraper

We should complain more about the shitty graphics of Fallout New Vegas when we're at it. I couldn't enjoy the story and quests due to it's shitty textures. Blergh.
Nigga, are you for real? This time you won't have any of that, so yeah, if it looks like shit, they failed at everything.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
The people models...seriously look like stuff from 5-10 years ago.

Who's idea that they looked good and would pass in 2015?

Zep--

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Fallout4_20151031151930.png

lol wat. Where is the light coming from? They also need to change the UI to not be ice blue, that looks visually jarring (Ideally you can just turn the fucking thing off, why would you need to know your AP points anyway? Doesn't VATS mode automatically show you how many you have left? Doesn't anyone in Beth have visual design experience?)

pippin

(Ideally you can just turn the fucking thing off, why would you need to know your AP points anyway? Doesn't VATS mode automatically show you how many you have left? Doesn't anyone in Beth have visual design experience?)

If I remember correctly, AP is some sort of bar you fill to do crits, and VATS isn't a time stopper now, more of a time slower.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You guys can't complain about popamole gameplay on one hand then be graphic whores on the other. Tons of posers up in this thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom