Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

StrongBelwas

Arcane
Patron
From the footage we have seen, sprint drains the AP meter, like in Project Nevada (It would probably still be a good design decision to hide it whenever you aren't sprinting or sprinted just a few seconds ago.) The crit bar seems to be its own thing, based on Luck.

Last edited:

Wolfe

Arbiter
Everything is so fucking ugly. Didn't expect much but wow, Bethesda, you've outdone yourself this time.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Beside using Action Points to sprint and steady aim while sniping, another good change is to have Radiation Poisoning decrease your maximum health. I think it's a better mechanic than decreasing SPECIAL values.

Adon

Arcane
Fallout4_20151031145033.png

I forgot that Red Rocket stations are a thing. I can't help, but laugh because I forever associate those words with Cartman jerking off a dog in South Park.

I'm sure this has been said before, but it looks like a more polished/cleaner looking Fallout 3 with just slightly better textures. Outside of the abudance of color, there's just something that seems off.

CrawlingDead

Learned
You guys can't complain about popamole gameplay on one hand then be graphic whores on the other. Tons of posers up in this thread.
Bethesda is just cashing in on the money. I'm really trying to figure out why it took them so long and so many people to make this ugly ass game. It has no style. The graphics look old and uninspired, and the gameplay itself is more simplified than Fallout 3. I have a good feeling this game might be a huge flop. There's a lot of hype, but there's really nothing much here.

StrongBelwas

Arcane
Patron
Bethesda is just cashing in on the money. I'm really trying to figure out why it took them so long and so many people to make this ugly ass game. It has no style. The graphics look old and uninspired, and the gameplay itself is more simplified than Fallout 3. I have a good feeling this game might be a huge flop. There's a lot of hype, but there's really nothing much here.
A critical or commercial flop? You have seen that the length that this game has been on the bestsellers list for almost every retailer (Even beating out CoD on consoles in some places) right? And the CE coming back in stock apparently is important enough to make multiple headlines. Even if literally not a single person bought the game after release they probably have already made a ton of money. Any chance of this game failing is almost certainly wishful thinking.

imweasel

The graphics looks like utter shit and it has a typical Bethesda style UI from hell. I won't even get started on Bethesda's awful open world theme park gameplay.

It's gonna be the exact same shit with slightly better textures, only now you can also build your own power armor.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Some impressions:
The game, even tough not so revolutionary, it doesn't look like in the captures but better. The game world looks better than great, and the illumination is one of the best I've seen. It is true that it suffered some framedrops but, there is also much more on screen.

- DIFFICULTY: Very easy, easy, normal, hard, very hard, SURVIVAL. They change damage, resistance of enemies and appearing rate of legendary enemies. Legendary enemies are harder and they have a chance of dropping a legendary item with unique characteristics like better critic chance or that refills AP when doing a critic.

- HUD color will be customizable by RGB sliders.

- Minigames for unlocking doors and terminals are exactly the same as in Fallout 3.

- About the size of the map, is hard to tell a size because it's quite small on the pip-boy but it doesn't seem small at all, there is a lot to find on it. Probably Skyrim's size more or less?

- COMBAT: WAY better. It is no COD but the FPS sensations are amazing, you notice every impact, the weapons recess, different characteristics between them etc makes it wonderful. There was a lot of place from Fallout 3 to improve so I was doubtful about what would they do, but you all can be calm about it. Also, enemy AI, without being super evolved or anything, it's way better. Enemies hide, get cover a lot, they go for you when you have little health or you're reloading (He's playing in hard mode). He says VATS it's completely not essential.

- Animations are flawless. People's faces, even tough there are some similar (particularly raiders) there are a lot, and way different ones from each other.

- He didn't like at all the dialogue system, and in 23 hours he's played almost no mission he was able to get out of just by dialogue. Although there was some "X person approved" like in Dragon Age/Mass Effect, there is no visible karma system, and that takes a lot of attractive to the diplomatic side of the game. He checked statics and he didn't see either nothing about reputations like in NV. He thinks it will probably work like in Skyrim and Oblivion.

- SETTLEMENTS: A very important pillar on the game. Some will love it, some will hate it. He thinks that, even tough he likes this kind of "microgestion"aspects from RPGS he thinks Fallout's it's a little bit harder and deep than he likes. They give sooo many options about it, and missions, and objectives that he think they take out weight from the rest of the game. ABOUT HOW THEY WORK: There are a ton lot of red workshop tables all over the world, some free and other ones occupied. Once you get to them (if the people occupying it are good people you'll have to do the typical mission to help them etc) you can do all that was seen on the demo, destroy everything, and build. You'll have to maintain the little, or bunch of humans on it with food, water, energy and beds. When they're attacked you'll receive a message and have the option to go help. It is very complete and you can invest a lot of hours making it really cute, have there your base with all your people etc, but he thinks it might be a little bit overexploited.

- WEAPONS: More about them, he has only seen like 12-15 base weapons yet, but he says that the weapons mods is crazy. Every weapon can easily have 25-30 different pieces that alter sadistics.

- LOADING TIMES: There are a lot of little houses that doesn't need a loading screen, but big buildings normally do. Loadings between buildings are normally really short, being fast travel loading longer.

-POWER ARMORS: Used almost like a vehicle. You get inside, you use it, you get out of it and it stays on that place. It gives them a more OP feel, but it is also way less "comfortable" to use.

-NARRATIVE: He says it starts a little bit weak, and it takes a little to get it up and running. In his almost a day of playing has only completed 4 history missions because they're pretty long and full of things to do. Even tough, he thinks the way the story is going can be very interesting.
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=183712904

///
1446345599069.png

1446345690745.png

1446345869168.png

Last edited:

racofer

Thread Incliner
In 2002 we had:

lVdDBhL.jpg

• Shadows
  • Bump mapping
  • Sharp textures
  • PC-centric user interfaces
  • RGB color palette
  • Complex stats
In 2015 we have:

4EONPSr.jpg

• No shadows
  • Flat surfaces
  • Blurry textures
  • Mobile/Console centric user interfaces
  • 16 bits color palette
  • No stats
:flamesaw:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Some of those screenshots remind me of those shitty Unity Engine survival/ crafting games that are all the rage these days:
Fallout4_20151031143514.png

Some hilarious brûtal gameplay footage:
Jhi6pk2.gif

Dat migraine-inducing overbright lightning, yuck.

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The removal of dialogue checks is really a bummer, apparently they went all out dragon age inquisition with their dialogues.

Also lack for karma system and lack of faction reps... It's Skyrim with guns this time, for real.

The dog's actually animated mauling attack is pretty cool. In 2015, no less - imagine that. Too bad it's probably the only one and all other critters use the same old "pretend I bit half your health off by waving my claws around".

Mrfactty

Educated
According to the spanish guy, there isn't hardcore mode:
Ojeando por encima Reddit, he visto mucha conjetura sobre el modo Supervivencia. Y es que, como a mí, el nombre lleva mucho a engaño. Por desgracia NO tiene nada que ver con el modo Hardcore de New Vegas y lo de comer y beber sigue sin ser nada "obligatorio". Eso sí, en todos los modos se ha eliminado lo de esperar donde se quiera para que pase el tiempo y curarnos. Ahora solo se puede esperar sentado en muebles y NO cura. Solo lo hace el dormir, ir a un médico o tomar estimulantes/comida, claro.
Translation: Browsing reddit, I've seen a lot of speculation about Survival mode. To me it's quite misleading. Unfortunately it has NOTHING to do with New Vegas Hardcore mode, eating and driking are still not "mandatory". But that said, they've removed the healing feature of waiting. Now you can only wait sitting in furniture (chairs probably?) and it DOESN'T heal you. You can only heal yourself by sleeping, going to a doctor or taking stimpaks/food, of course.

Source: http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_fallout-4-10-de-noviembre_1953109_s2320

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
You'll have to pay $5.99 for officially endorsed(the shittiest one available) shadows mod first

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom