Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Enough with this Witcher shit. I'm here to complain, so here's more from the leaker:

·She just did a mission where she could resolve it diplomatically. She tried it and the answers were in red or orange (low chance), she reloaded and put 2 points in relevant perks and was able to get though it by talking.
·More charisma doesn't open new dialog or information, but it lets you pass the charisma checks.
·Bad dialog system is bad: She saved a npc, after saving it, the npc asked her how she knew where he was and the options to answer were: don't tell, tell and ask about its past. She asked about the npc's past and after the answer there was no way of continuing the conversation to talk about the other topics.
·No hardcore mode.
·Some perks: STR 10 - Pain Train - If you wear a power armour you can sprint towards enemies to kill them or knock them out (robots and big enemies don't lose balance). PER 7 - Refractor - +10 resistance to energy. INT 9 - Nuclear Physicist - Rad weapons deal 50% more damage and the fusion nucleus last 25% more.
·No metro system or anything like that.
·No faction system.
·One big city so far (megaton sized or so) and several small settlements.
·Loves the sense of discovery, tons of small dungeons and such.
·Only been on part of the north side of the map, so the game is huge.
·Perk for RES9 - Necrophage - Radiation heals you.

Only one dialog option regardless of CHAR. Suck dick Todd.

upwardlymobile

forum posting consultant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I don't want to rain on the Bethesda-hating parade (mostly I agree with it), but this is apples and oranges. The left one is a prerendered cutscene, the right one is realtime ingame. Also, unlike most others ITT, it's not a real screenshot, it looks like it was taken with a phone camera.
it is not taken with a phone camera, the screen it's cropped from was posted in this very thread

and it is not apples and oranges, the skill in both cases is the same, whether it was prerendered or not is meaningless in terms of evaluating that.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
CSv-gxqWoAAF0No.png:large

Lemming42

Arcane
Weren't the Fallout talking heads made of clay and then transfigured into 3D models by mysterious means or something? Either way you can compare character models from pretty much any other game from 1997 and they'll come off favourably against Fo4.

bonescraper

Enough with this Witcher shit. I'm here to complain
Sure, then let's complain about Bethesda's Fallout art.

latest

Fallout 2 space shuttle.

latest

Fallout 3 state-of-the-art Z43-521P manned space rocket.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Twitcher looks good, but plays like shit, it's an interactive story. Fallout 4 looks like shit, but it will play good, it's a game first and story second.

Also all of those shots are from console and not pc.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I really hope some Witcher 3 fans step up to the plate and bash the shit out of this game in reviews. Not going to happen but one can hope. I can't begin to express how I feel about this. The latest info pretty much cinched it. Now for Fallout 5 you can expect multiplayer of some kind. I'm almost sure of it.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Essentially, Bethesda has spent the last four years making a game with graphics that are about the same as Fallout 3 had 7 years ago and with even worse gameplay?

Shammy

Learned
Twitcher looks good, but plays like shit, it's an interactive story. Fallout 4 looks like shit, but it will play good, it's a game first and story second.

Combat was a bit funky, but saying it played like shit is a huge exaggeration. It played perfectly fine, and while it did leave much to be desired it was a fine system that didn't get in the way of the game itself. And we can't say how Fallout 4 will play before we actually play it now can we?

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
The graphics regression extrapolated, FallOut 5 will look something like this
1HXGuZ2

Holy shit those leaked screenshots look like crap.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
It's like someone is trying to troll Bethesda taking screenshots of the least interesting locations in the lowest possible quality. Or the game really looks that bad.

Giskard

Augur
Note: These are taken from translations

Strength 10: Pain Train - Choo, choo! All aboard! If you're wearing a power armor, sprint towards enemies to hurt them and make them lose balance (robots and huge enemies won't lose balance).

Perception 7: Reflector - You're like a mirror! Get instant +10 resistance to energy.

Intelligence 9: Nuclear physicist - You learned how to divide the atom... and how to dominate it. Radiation weapons cause 50% more damage and fusion cores last 25% longer.

Endurance 9: Ghoul - Sure, you're still human ... on the outside! Now regenerate lost health with radiation.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Intelligence 9: Nuclear physicist - You learned how to divide the atom... and how to dominate it. Radiation weapons cause 50% more damage and fusion cores last 25% longer.
Wait. This and that Power rmor operates like a vehicle...did they made it rechargeable? Like recharge it with fusion core and then move in power armor for some time...

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Note: These are taken from translations

Strength 10: Pain Train - Choo, choo! All aboard! If you're wearing a power armor, sprint towards enemies to hurt them and make them lose balance (robots and huge enemies won't lose balance).

Perception 7: Reflector - You're like a mirror! Get instant +10 resistance to energy.

Endurance 9: Ghoul - Sure, you're still human ... on the outside! Now regenerate lost health with radiation.

This makes no sense.
OMG Bethesda, what have you done.

CrawlingDead

Learned
A critical or commercial flop? You have seen that the length that this game has been on the bestsellers list for almost every retailer (Even beating out CoD on consoles in some places) right? And the CE coming back in stock apparently is important enough to make multiple headlines. Even if literally not a single person bought the game after release they probably have already made a ton of money. Any chance of this game failing is almost certainly wishful thinking.
Yeah, and when people see how shitty it is, it's going to be a major flop. Casual gamers are wishy washy. COD, is successful, in part, because it gives the vast majority of gamers a solid FPS experience. They can jump into the action right away with really no learning curve. It's not the most innovative by any stretch, but it does what it seeks to do well. I don't have this kind of confidence in Bethesda to be able to pull something like this off, and they're not nearly as big as some of the major developers out there to come back from a huge flop that I believe this could be. While I can see how many people might consider Fallout 3 an RPG, even if it's not by my standards, I'm still trying to figure out what Fallout 4 is trying to be. It doesn't look like a Mass Effect. It doesn't look like TES. It seriously, to me, looks like a poor version of Borderlands with worse combat and less focus on the qualities that made Borderlands a successful franchise in the first place.

Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if this game flopped. It's probably wishful thinking though.

CrawlingDead

Learned

With literally no dialog options, no meaningful choices to define your character with, and no faction conflicts, the only game part of this is opening up crates.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This makes no sense.
OMG Bethesda, what have you done.

In the relevant meeting, Todd gave this little musical interpretation of his motives:

(Todd)
I started out on Terminator,
And next I was on TES two to four,
But once we bought that IP in,
It sparked my greatest joy.

A futuristic dystopian world,
by far my favorite game.
Every one loved it,
Why haven't they sent me
to make more of the same?

We need to make Fallout 4,
It's already been too long.
We are wasting the potential
of this Franchise and it's wrong.

Make Fallout 4,
It's imperative to try.
'Cause soon they'll just
reboot again and
hire some other guy.

(Chorus)
Hire some other guy!!!

(Todd)
Already the Forum is overlowing with scum;
Now is the time to make a load of dosh
There are plenty more places who
need to be nuked,
At least we can do better than Josh?

We're well behind the schedule,
We should be on sequel 3.
There are follow-ups for Dishonored and Doom,
So why not for me?

It's time to make Fallout 4,
I'll never let it go.
You'd already have played it
but our grosses were too low...

Make Fallout 4,
This time will be a hit.
I promise if it's greenlit that
we'll show a little tit.

(Chorus)
Show a little tit!!!

(Josh)
People thought my Fallout was lame,
And maybe that's the case.
I wouldn't keep my promises
I dared to up the pace.

A sequel finally comes along,
It's decent, I admit.
It makes me realize mine was just a
Silly piece of shit...

So let them make Fallout IV
It's sure to entertain.
The only thing it wont have is the
Lovely Avellone, yo

(Todd)
Make Fallout IV
I am dreading Wolfenstein III.
So can't we make Fallout IV instead?
I'll work on it for free!

(Todd, Josh & Chorus)
2x Make Fallout 4

Make....
Fallout...
Four!!!

MAKE FALLOUT IV!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom