Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
C'mon, admit it: All of you are hyped for this game.

Adon

Arcane
8DvInzc.png

JGzrRxV.png

PZ0Ozlu.png

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Most of them are from FO3 (and New Vegas had a lot of the standard FO3 perks). Some are gone. It's not really a drastic change. Someone is welcome to do a comparison. I can't be bothered.

bonescraper

Perks are shit, no surprise there. At least we have 13 skills to further define our character's abilities... oh, wait.

bonescraper

Most are bad, some are really bad. You know this game is nothing more than an ugly looking shooter if even the charisma perks increase your weapon damage.

Lemming42

Arcane
Is it still misplaced hope to think that this game (or at least parts of it) will be poorly received by fans?

It'd just be nice for Bethesda's main audience to express a desire for actual dialogue rather than this wheel of sorrow, and hopefully they'd take notice.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nice to see how little thought was put into the environmental interaction even with "key features". Get in elevator, dog sprints towards elevator, door slams in dog's face. 10 floors later, the dog is right beside you. :roll:

Legion

Last edited:

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Most of the perks are, unsurprisingly, crap. But Rooted (damage resistance when standing still) and Moving Target (damage resistance when sprinting) look pretty fun.

Zeriel

Arcane
I was surprised they weren't removing stats (i.e SPECIAL) from Fallout 4 after they removed them from Skyrim, but seeing that stats only really gate perks, and perks are only "+% damage" ala Skyrim trees, it all makes sense.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Is it still misplaced hope to think that this game (or at least parts of it) will be poorly received by fans?

It'd just be nice for Bethesda's main audience to express a desire for actual dialogue rather than this wheel of sorrow, and hopefully they'd take notice.

Some places like NeoGAF have groups of people that hate it, even some on Reddit, but overall I wager most will gobble it down along with Todd Howard's hot load. Most of the complaints are about graphics of all things.

Lemming42

Arcane
So this "mission" was to romp through a neverending cavalcade of near-identical rooms and gun down completely un-interactive Super Mutants in the process. Doesn't look like they've bothered to include any form of stealth route, which even Fallout 3 occasionally accomodated.

There's no hope anymore. There's no hope left. There's not even going to be character builds outside what type of gun you use, and that won't matter because you'll be proficient with all of them from the start.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
The ONLY good thing about F4 is how they reworked looting. It is much handy and removes excessive clicks.
Other than that... killing supermutants left and right is a staple Beth retardation. From huge and powerful monsters to a common expendable mob.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Other than that... killing supermutants left and right is a staple Beth retardation. From huge and powerful monsters to a common expendable mob.

Have you ever played fallout 1? At the mid-end game supermutants were common expendable mob, deathclaws also, you just farmed them to get maximum level.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
We need a tag on our forum

'Idiot savant' You're not stupid..... just different....

:lol:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Seems that Intelligence is the most usefull stat to have as it gives your more EXP and the perks are the most usefull because you will be able to craft, hack, build anything.Seeing as there is no level cap, this is mega important. Charisma comes in 2nd because it also have game altering perks and the rest after as it generealy just gives you bonus attack damage with most of other perks or damage resistance, meaning combat perks.

Probably gonna start with 10 int, just like i did in fallout 1 and 2 to have max skill points.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom