Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Power train also sounds fun, running with power armor into enemies to stun them....... damn now i don't know should i go melee or ranged for first playthrough.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
What I detest the most is how bland and boring perks are. Almost half of them are +20%, +10%, ability to hack X level terminals\locks. About a quarter is just a copy of other perks, point gun at X species and pacify it. It just soldifies the fact that Bethesda is creatively bankrupt.

Robert Jarzebina

Two gameplay videos (the password is YouTubeJambalya17 ):

https://dropshots.com/NikooohZ/date/2015-11-01

Gotta say that I had very low expectations to begin with but Bethesda easily managed to limbo underneath them. :M

This looks really bad :lol:.

The dog is fucking annoying. Its whimper hurts my ears. The part when player throws few grenades and dog returns all in flames, so cringe.
Also AI of the dog is worst than in Torchlight since dog cant follow player to every location.

LOL at overall production quality. I have seen Unity3d games made by few ppl that looks much better than this.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
CLCZzF5.gif

They improved the AI, dodges a shot.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
The dog is fucking annoying. Its whimper hurts my ears. The part when player throws few grenades and dog returns all in flames, so cringe.
Also AI of the dog is worst than in Torchlight since dog cant follow player to every location.

And you can't kill it. I hope at least you can abandon it.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
You can play without companions, there is even a perk 'lone wanderer' which gives you bonuses for playing alone.

Starwars

Arcane
This game looks fucking terrible in every way whatsoever.

Will be interesting to see in what ways the reviewers manage to give blowjobs to Bethesda this time around.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Good to see that there are tons of garbage items to clog your HUD. Coffee cup here! Irrelevant clipboard here! Alert! You just found a dinner plate!

Also good to see that the guy in those videos was carrying at least 50 different guns in inventory.

Not that I had hopes for a non-stupid inventory system, but still
:negative:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Who gives a fuck? EXP doesn't matter when the game scales to your level.

It's not full level scaling though like in Skyrim, it's half static half scaling. Here are the words of genius from Todd.

'We call it rubberbanding; we'll have an area [where enemies scale from] level 5 to 10. Fallout 4 game director Todd Howard'

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
A lot of you seem to be forgetting the perks in NV were mostly the same, too. I do agree, though, that little effort went into making it. Seems like a glorified mod of FO3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom