Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
So I assume that with the whole town building gimmick and "omg! there's bazillion weapon mods/upgrades/whatever totally not borderlands" this game will be even more focused on trash collecting than previous elder scrolls games:roll: What's with people enjoying that shit, horrible creatures.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A lot of you seem to be forgetting the perks in NV were mostly the same, too. I do agree, though, that little effort went into making it. Seems like a glorified mod of FO3.
At least NV has traits. Some are annoying, but most are interesting the most part.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The videos look bad, really really bad... And those fuckers at Reddit and all loving it, the AI, the shooting, they are perfect, no one cares about the rest as long as the game plays like CoD.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Wow wtf.

Looks like I'm late for da party! Leaks are out!?

Shieeet. What's the skinny on the situation?

Are the leaks confirmed to be 100 % valid and up-to-date with the launch version?

Is FALLOUT4 as shitty as we feared??

I want answers. (And no, I don't have time for 10 pages of shit) ;D

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Man, I feel bad for those who are going to discover the saga with FO4, fall in love with the "sandbox FPS" experience and then trying the classic fallouts. If FO3 players already struggled with the transition to a real RPG, can you imagine the new ones?

I also feel bad for the poor guys of NMA receiving an even more retarded influx of shitposters

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Man, I feel bad for those who are going to discover the saga with FO4, fall in love with the "sandbox FPS" experience and then trying the classic fallouts. If FO3 players already struggled with the transition to a real RPG, can you imagine the new ones?

Morality Games has a theory that even some FO3/NV fans might end up not liking FO4, thereby opening an opportunity for somebody to launch an "oldschool" first person open world RPG project.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Morality Games has a theory that even some FO3/NV fans might end up not liking FO4, thereby opening an opportunity for somebody to launch an "oldschool" first person open world RPG project.

It's going to be funny to see FO4 fans baiting FO3/NV fans with "why're you so mad? Let it go, your old games are obsolete, just accept that the series have changed and move on!". Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Monkeysattva

Cipher
The videos look bad, really really bad... And those fuckers at Reddit and all loving it, the AI, the shooting, they are perfect, no one cares about the rest as long as the game plays like CoD.

If it played like COD it might be an improvement.
Also, imagine if your stats actually fluidly changed the way you walk, shoot, etc, etc.
A true FPS RPG hybrid hasn't seen the light of day, and probably never will. They should have just ditched the VATS system and gone for that. But that would have maybe been an actual "game."

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I also feel bad for the poor guys of NMA receiving an even more retarded influx of shitposters
It's going to be funny to see FO4 fans baiting FO3/NV fans with "why're you so mad? Let it go, your old games are obsolete, just accept that the series have changed and move on!". Give them a taste of their own medicine.

That might actually make it all worthwhile.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They were a nice touch but not particularly amazing.
Yeah, what I meant is they brought a bit more diversity in terms of character building/customization. They're not a new feature since it's already appeared in FO1 and 2 so why shouldn't Bethesda add them to FO4, a game with the same S.P.E.C.I.A.L perks with very minor changes? Traits obviously didn't do any harm since player can choose to ignore them, so why excluding them? Console limitation or Bethesda just hates role-playing and diversity overall?
//sorry if I sounded too aggressive, this newfag is frustrating because a kid insulted me for saying "Fallout is a shooter game now". Maybe this place is more reasonable than those cancer fanbases.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Fusion Cores can be ejected from Power Armor like devastating grenades and Fusion Cores last twice as long.
Which confirms it. Power armor now havea limited use until battery runs out.
Absolutely disgusting

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Lore saying they can run for 200 years be damned. I actually like the idea of Power Armor being a powerful vehicle with limited fuel, rather than the strongest armor in the game with zero downsides that you can keep in your pocket.

Assuming you can actually walk around freely in the thing in the outside world that is, and not only have it limited to certain areas.

racofer

Thread Incliner
CLCZzF5.gif

They improved the AI, dodges a shot.

No they haven't. Skyrim already had that:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom