Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

eXalted

Arcane
Okay am I the only one who hasn't finished Fallout 3? Not even NV could grab my attention.. Do I have to give it third chance?

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Let's hope it is not as dull and shit as Fallout 3.

You are setting the bar high up for fail already?

Well, the "latest" bar set by Beth themselves is Skyrim, and even Skyrim was better than Fallout 3, so they really would have to go way out of their way in order to fuck that up and make a game that's worse than Fallout 3. It would mean literally two steps back from their latest "achievement".

This time they're using SPECIAL (if that picture floating around is wrong) and probably more skill checks, so theres something better than skyrim.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Okay am I the only one who hasn't finished Fallout 3? Not even NV could grab my attention.. Do I have to give it third chance?

Fallout 3 sucks harder than Zoe Quinn sucks cocks of Kotaku writers, and I'd be surprised if most codexers actually beat it. You should definitely give New Vegas another chance, though. It's like the Stephen Hawking of video games; brilliant inside but trapped inside a barely functioning carcass that limits its full potential.

Lemming42

Arcane
The cryogenic thing could be reasonably interesting or, alternatively, utter shite. If the hero is someone who lived in the pre-war world, 100% guaranteed there's going to be stupid flashback scenes in every room showing Happy Families (with babies and dogs) being TORN APART by the horrors of war, which should get the game the 10/10 Award of Excellence for Emotional Engagement by all major gaming news publications.

I wonder if maybe, assuming the protagonist is voiced and pre-determined, you can still fuck around with his appearance and make a horrific swamp monster by putting all sliders to max, Oblivion-style. They've shot themselves in the foot if they don't let you choose the player's gender. It won't feel like much of a Fallout game if you have to play as Todd's self-insert and listen to "LETS GO PAL" every 5 seconds.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron

Nope. Fallout 3 is physically impossible for me to play because it keeps crashing on my computer (I've tried every fix out there). New Vegas works but I just can't get into it.

Catfish

Learned
If the hero is someone who lived in the pre-war world, 100% guaranteed there's going to be stupid flashback scenes in every room showing Happy Families (with babies and dogs) being TORN APART by the horrors of war, which should get the game the 10/10 Award of Excellence for Emotional Engagement by all major gaming news publications

Not only happy family in flashback land, man. A dog. They wrote in a dog. The moment they kill it off in a heroic and loyal manner, it's GOTY for the end of time

Mech

Cipher
If the hero is someone who lived in the pre-war world, 100% guaranteed there's going to be stupid flashback scenes in every room showing Happy Families (with babies and dogs) being TORN APART by the horrors of war, which should get the game the 10/10 Award of Excellence for Emotional Engagement by all major gaming news publications

Not only happy family in flashback land, man. A dog. They wrote in a dog. The moment they kill it off in a heroic and loyal manner, it's GOTY for the end of time

Shouldn't that be GOTEOT?

eXalted

Arcane
Fallout 3 sucks harder than Zoe Quinn sucks cocks of Kotaku writers, and I'd be surprised if most codexers actually beat it. You should definitely give New Vegas another chance, though. It's like the Stephen Hawking of video games; brilliant inside but trapped inside a barely functioning carcass that limits its full potential.
Man, that comparison killed me. I guess I should give it a chance. But how can it be so boring in the beginning (says someone who has played The Temple of Trials, Arroyo and Klamath gazillion times)...

Athelas

Arcane
Man, that comparison killed me. I guess I should give it a chance. But how can it be so boring in the beginning (says someone who has played The Temple of Trials, Arroyo and Klamath gazillion times)...
You can 'skip' the beginning, which is another reason why it's superior to Fallout 3.

Seerix

Arbiter
But how can it be so boring in the beginning (says someone who has played The Temple of Trials, Arroyo and Klamath gazillion times)...

Maybe because those are proper locations with nice little things here and there? The only little things in FO3 are pixel counts and nice things... what nice things? :)

Oh wait! I remember now, there are some creepy gnomes guarding random room inside sewers and ther'es some maintenance shack under a bridge where somebody pretended to be a spiderman with plungers. I guess... that's nice? :|

Machocruz

Arcane
I finished FO3 once, attempted to play again with a different build (lol), couldn't make it past Megaton.
How people put 100 hours or more into the game are beyond me. Everything that Bethesda designed for you to do can be done in 60, maybe even less. The core mechanics aren't good enough just to dick around with, and I was tired of urine filter.

Never finished NV, but that's because it has a shit ton of quests and life got in the way. Still think it was the best, deepest, mainstream RPG that came out last gen. And desert>ghettoland

I'm only interested in F04 for these Codex generated lulz. Fallout on this engine has run its course already. There is something tedious about Fallout as a walking simulator. Can't do it again.

Catfish

Learned

Shouldn't that be GOTEOT?

It shouldn't. But it will be :)

28.8bps Modem

Prophet
Any chance on rumor that game will have little to no dialogue choices is true?

When have Bethesda RPGs ever had choice in dialogue? Being able to go down a list and exhaust every branch is not choice.

It's a foregone conclusion that no option picked in dialogue in Fallout 4 will irrevocably commit you to a course of action, not even in the derp F:NV sense of putting up a big warning sign when you're about to make the choice and then telepathically informing the whole world that you've made it.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
How people put 100 hours or more into the game are beyond me.

Mods.

Any chance on rumor that game will have little to no dialogue choices is true?

When have Bethesda RPGs ever had choice in dialogue?

Have you forgotten one of the most difficult choices most gamers have ever had to make? Fallout 3 Ending..

Hurry you have to go into the Mcguffin room of radiation to save the world

Yes - Game Ends
No - Okay I will - Game Ends

:incline:

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I quit FO3 somewhere around 2/3 mark when I started feeling really nauseous. FONV is still on my backlog.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I quit FO3 somewhere around 2/3 mark when I started feeling really nauseous. FONV is still on my backlog.

Couldn't cope with the harsh realities and degenerate world that Bethesda had woven?

Or the FoV made your eyes bleed?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom