Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Robert Jarzebina

CGqkUaLVIAAQ0O2.jpg

charles-manson-epic-o.gif

naossano

Cipher
Can't be bothered, won't buy.

Sure sure, when you will see Todd at E3 you will insta pre-order it.

I am sure the guy's speech will push all the codex button, mentioning challenge, C&C, grey morality, great writting, high-depth tactical combat system etc...
But after the Fo3 painfull experience, i'll wait for a review from a trusted masochist.

Notorious

Augur
Has the male only protagonist been officially confirmed ?

If so then I will have to wait patiently in the wings with my scythe and reap the drama.

Design documents stated a male protagonist, and this was confirmed by that reddit leak. Then you have what it seems Troy Baker voicing the main character. I'm sure it will be a fixed character. I was somewhat angry with this but I think it will only affect larpers.

A reddit post based on a kotaku leak which listed female and male voices for the protagonist. Here's a um, link https://archive.is/5fgdB

Of course there will be a male and female option they always have one.

But it doesn't matter either way. You could play as a pink lizard and the world still wouldn't react because Bethesda RPGs are generic as fuck. (And badly written of course)

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Hopefolly they fixed that in Fallout 4. I mean this games needs some features, right?

Lemming42

Arcane
guys
since you all say (and I agree) that FO3 is a walking simulator
how come they never added in horse/bicycle/motorcycle?

Any vehicles would go clattering madly over the ridiculously hilly landscape, the physics engine throwing the player into space or sending him/her through the ground and into the void at a moment's notice. It would also mean you could speed past the lovingly designed ruins that Todd personally worked so hard on.

bloodlover

Arcane
I hope the next trailer will have a female voice and answer the question once and for all. Realistically speaking, both genders will be available in the game.

eXalted

Arcane
Is the male only part official? Or it's from reddit?

There are a lot of skill-checks and some stat-checks, so the way you build your char actually does influence how the game plays somewhat.
But you will want to install at least the unofficial patch and maybe a couple of mods that fix some really bad interface problems.
I know there are some UI mods about the dialogue that seemed nice. Okay so I'm gonna play with the unnoficial mod/patch.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'd probably side with House if not for his insistence of razing BoS

I sided with BoS in the end; My own Bunker full of guns >>> than Rome LARPING, Serving Eldridge Abomination Mr House Or trying to build and fail again old world (NCR).

But my most favorite faction in all fallouts is ME BOS from FoTs as Feudalism is the best system for any post ITZ scenario; its provides stability and resonable growth for centuries.

adeptus_mechanicus_by_elliatht-d4u4i2z.jpg

As to FO4 we have Underail fags so quit discussing this turd.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Any chance on rumor that game will have little to no dialogue choices is true?

Depends on how much the people at Beth like the Witcher 3. :M

These decisions are always done based on which game sold the most, and that happens to be Skyrim. So:

Yo dawg we herd Bethesda games are popular so we put a Bethesda game in your Bethesda game so you can play a Bethesda game while you play a Bethesda game.

xzibit-happy.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom