Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Top down view means very little without TB and mouse controls.

If it is 'original' it must mean that tb and mouse control will also be in. I mean, that's like to be expected? but with bethesda you never know.......

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I expect vats only combat in top down mode, not that I care... I will obviously be playing in first person for the added Immersion and real time combat.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Why would anyone want to play in s top down non isometric 3d view... It worked wonders for wl2.

The way these 3d world's are designed, it's much more enjoyable to play in first person, you get a better view of the surroundings, better orientation, more Immersion and a more fluid combat system than that pos vats thing.

Yabuike

Literate
Getting tired of cavellone on Twitter. He comes off as a hybrid of Zoe Quinn and a low rent chat room FBI agent. Real insipid.

Which one of you made this fantastic graphic a few years back?

WucanqN.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
If there will be turn based combat you get a better tactical view from birds eye than from FPS.

Nomad_Blizz

Arcane
Why would anyone want to play in s top down non isometric 3d view... It worked wonders for wl2.

The way these 3d world's are designed, it's much more enjoyable to play in first person, you get a better view of the surroundings, better orientation, more Immersion and a more fluid combat system than that pos vats thing.
Playing Fallout in first person mode is like playing an FPS- a really bad FPS. Not at all immersive/atmospheric like stalker. I usually just play in 3rd person mode and use vats during combat.

keppj0nes

Educated
The Witcher has removed isometric modes but Bethesda is bringing them back to Fallout? :negative:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The Witcher has removed isometric modes but Bethesda is bringing them back to Fallout? :negative:

Man, Bethesda after this will be remembered as bringer of incline and CDP is going the popamole way . What a time to be alive. :M

eXalted

Arcane
The unofficial patch is called Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.

I can also recommend the following interface-improving mods:
CASM with MCM - a much better + customisable save functionality
New Vegas Stutter Remover - does what it says
Centered 3rd Person Camera - improves 3rd person view, IMO
MTUI - displays more lines of text in thedialogue/inventory/options screens, a msut-have IMO
No Dialog Tags - moves [skill check] text from dialogues, dialogues look much better without them without any detriment to the game
One HUD - customizable HUD with many options

Thank you. Saved them for reference. Looked at their screenshots and they seem nice, so when I'm playing the game, I'll make sure to install them.

pippin

Playing Fallout in first person mode is like playing an FPS- a really bad FPS. Not at all immersive/atmospheric like stalker. I usually just play in 3rd person mode and use vats during combat.

Well it takes actual radiation poisoning combined with copious ammounts of vodka *and* a vatnik mindset to produce something like Stalker, tovarisch.
Stalker is also the only game which has managed to scare the crap out of me.
Immersion, though, is in the eye of the larper.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Them models and animations look horrible in 3rd person, and I expect the first person real time shooting to be much improved this time around, more like hope it will.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's not even 24 hours and the official trailer has over 6 million views HOLY SHIT. Gonna be bigger than Skyrim.

Retards gonna retard.

The trailer came out yesterday and this thread already has 42 pages on the Codex. We can't even look down on them. :(

I wonder if Bethderp can make FO4 even more braindead easy than FO 3.

If I had to guess, this would come in the form of SuperVATs and QuestHelper™. SuperVATs will be an enhanced version of VATs from F3 which will utilize QTEs and have an auto-pilot option for the busy player, and QuestHelper will be the next logical step in the QuestCompass progression, a part of the Quest Journal that will keep track of how long each quest stays in your journal, and quietly and discreetly complete them for the player if they remain unresolved beyond a few hours, so as not to make the player feel bad.

As if New Vegas or any other Fallout game was difficult. Fallout 1? Headshot... dead. Fallout 2? Headshot... dead. Fallout Tactics? Real time... Boom boom boom, all dead. Fallout BOS? Lolz. New Vegas? I dont even VATS i just Headshot in real time bro.

It's just overkill.

Yabuike

Literate
Them models and animations look horrible in 3rd person, and I expect the first person real time shooting to be much improved this time around, more like hope it will.

This requires extensive motion capture and programming of environmental objects as cover and obstacles. It also requires a lot of AI programming. If you do this right, you get F.E.A.R instead of enemies gliding to and fro with impossibly low inertia like with gamebryo.

The developer needs attention to detail and respect for the audience to get it done so no hope in this case.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
They don't need to respect shit. It's already the #4 top seller on Steam and they've shown less than most sketchy kickstarters. We've seen more details for fucking grimoire.

As if New Vegas or any other Fallout game was difficult. Fallout 1? Headshot... dead. Fallout 2? Headshot... dead. Fallout Tactics? Real time... Boom boom boom, all dead. Fallout BOS? Lolz. New Vegas? I dont even VATS i just Headshot in real time bro.
Hey, bursts worked too! Well, sometimes.
5WsRxGV.png

pippin

Wow. More and more people are complaining about graphics. (Don't ask me for sources, it's just what I'm watching on youtube/facebook).
I wonder if they are expecting to receive a downgraded product in the end.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Does anyone have a source for the Isometric mode for F4 or is that only based on the "insider" ?

Siel

Arcane
Patron
What is the point preordering games on Steam? It's not like it will be out of "stock" when it comes out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom