Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

pippin

What is the point preordering games on Steam? It's not like it will be out of "stock" when it comes out.

Some people would like the preorder feelies. After all, NV had the P2W items too.
At least physical preorders could be more justified, even if the extra items generally end up in Goodwill/Dollar Shop stores.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Yeah, and the article is basically about the bullshit on reddit you love to believe.

Ban makabb already

Nomad_Blizz

Arcane
Them models and animations look horrible in 3rd person, and I expect the first person real time shooting to be much improved this time around, more like hope it will.
Sadly, this is true for all Bethesda games. But they can be improved with mods. And many mods that work in FO3, also work with F:NV since they share the same engine.

I hope the shooting will be improved as well, but it's Bethesda...they're nothing if not lazy.

Well it takes actual radiation poisoning combined with copious ammounts of vodka *and* a vatnik mindset to produce something like Stalker, tovarisch.
Stalker is also the only game which has managed to scare the crap out of me.
Immersion, though, is in the eye of the larper.
You should play Outlast my friend, had nightmares when I played it.

Zeronet

Learned
All the accurate stuff from that reddit post was already on the internet. Then they added a bunch of nonsense like male only character, behaviour interactive doing a spinoff etc, to troll people. It came to the sad point where kotaku was the voice of reason (and source of the now confirmed to be accurate original leak).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Nagas, I already said that. Boston + Institute + Railroad was already known from FO3. All they did was make an educated guess it would be the location of the next game... which tons of people, including here, were already doing. Notably absent from that 'leak' is any mention of Diamond City which, you'd think, would be one of the key things mentioned.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
There's no way the top-down rumor has any basis in reality. It would require Bethesda, a company that always puts in the bare minimum of effort, to implement and balance around a completely different control scheme. PC gamers make up a small portion of Bethesda's total audience, and the ones who would care about a top-down camera is a smaller portion still. It just isn't going to happen.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
There's no way the top-down rumor has any basis in reality. It would require Bethesda, a company that always puts in the bare minimum of effort, to implement and balance around a completely different control scheme. PC gamers make up a small portion of Bethesda's total audience, and the ones who would care about a top-down camera is a smaller portion still. It just isn't going to happen.

Stop ruining our dreams.

http://imgur.com/gallery/vMeVmoU

You're right. Fallout 4 looks exactly like 3

vMeVmoU.jpg

who the hell ever played fallout for the graphics anyway? Bethesda could've done absolutely nothing to change graphics and I'd still play it

Nailed it. Fallout 4 could be default Minecraft graphics and it'd still be an amazing game due to ACTUAL gameplay. People just love bitchin'

Let's not get TOO carried away... I mean, the gameplay is superb, but I think Minecraft graphics would stretch it a little bit.

A shiny turd is still a turd, but an ugly cake is still cake.

People remember Fallout 3 looking better than it actually was because it was such an engrossing game.

The awesomeness of Fallout to me was the beautifully designed set pieces. I mean, The Pitt was SO PRETTY, as was alaska...

Find the codexer.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
'dexers just trying to be edgy saying the game looks no better than 3. Lots of reasons you can critique a Todd Howard game. Will it be popamole? Sure. But so is Witcher 3. Funny part is seeing all the Tit Witcher fan boys trying to act superior. Is the game as visually impressive as it could be? No, but does that surprise anyone?

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
FYI Makabb's dumbfuck tag isn't a result of Site Feedback betting

It's a dark day on the codex when shit like this needs to be stated, and isn't simply known due to them having the tag. Also, I find myself very uncomfortable seeing you and DU with tags. It's unnatural. Please fix this?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
FYI Makabb's dumbfuck tag isn't a result of Site Feedback betting

When are you tardcakes going to be done with all this stupid betting and tagging?

It's a dark day on the codex when shit like this needs to be stated, and isn't simply known due to them having the tag. Also, I find myself very uncomfortable seeing you and DU with tags. It's unnatural. Please fix this?

DarkUnderlord, you're making people uncomfortable.

Last edited:

pippin

There is nothing wrong with betting. Betting only should trigger you if you're a poorfag at heart, which is different from being an IRL poorfag, if that makes sense. I don't know, I'm drunk.

Catfish

Learned
There is nothing wrong with betting. Betting only should trigger you if you're a poorfag at heart, which is different from being an IRL poorfag, if that makes sense. I don't know, I'm drunk.

Sorry, newfag here. What is this betting thing anyway? Some form of brofist farming? And what is the associated drama?

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Sorry, newfag here. What is this betting thing anyway? Some form of brofist farming? And what is the associated drama?

Go into Site Feedback and read any thread that has "betting" or "vs" in the title.

Jozoz

Prophet
I don't give a shit about graphics, but it's weird how the masses are so quick to judge new games and franchises on how they look, BUT if it's a franchise they love then it's already excused for that no matter what because of the gameplay.

I mean it's good games are judged on non-superficial stuff, but I find it very unfair. I guarantee if these graphics were an entirely new non-Bethesda, non Fallout game then people would be shitting on it a lot more.

It's one of the reasons popular established franchises have such a big advantage I guess.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
I don't know men. Bethesda has a lot of moneys and are known for supporting seemingly random work, Woolfen Cattle Stein, Dishonored, The Evil Within, Call of Cthulhu, a bunch of Star Trek games and all sorts of other shit. Point is while the main studio can't code for shit they can, if they fee like it, hire almost anybody for a pet project.

pippin

I think it's good more people are getting used to not complain that much about how good graphics should be. It's not the main issue for sure. But the downgrade controversies are a problem to consider-and before any of you say anything, there are some people who think TW3 looked better even after the downgrade, so it's not that. It's more about a problem with how the industry handles hype.

A comparison that includes the above pic.

http://imgur.com/a/buEqa

modded fallout 3 vs Vanilla 4

Um...if that FO3 can be played on more than 10FPS, it looks better. (yes, I know youtube screencaps don't mean much)

edit:

I want to start playing fallout, never played any of the games. Where do i start for maximum fun?

If you're a pc gamer, fallout 3 and new vegas both just went on steam sale.

3, or wait for 4. The ones before 3 are that isometric 3d like a Facebook game, and new Vegas is kind of crap

That's so wrong it hurts my brain.

I didn't expect imgurians to agree with me

It's not even an imgurian thing. Fallout 2 is a masterpiece, and New Vegas is better than FO3 in nearly every way.
New Vegas lost the atmosphere of 3 and I wasn't wrong about the graphical style of 2

:lol:

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
The "city" looks so cartoony/colorful it reminds me of Borderlands

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom