Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Love

Cipher
I had to save this from /v/ yesterday. It's so good it hurts.

ytn26uX.jpg

Yabuike

Literate
Achromatic and the art team should have know it wasn't going to work for NV.

Machocruz

Arcane
They teach color formulas in these entertainment design schools mills. It's really hack level stuff based on easy to remember shorthand, like using color coding/color fields to bruteforce a specific atmosphere or mood into a game (see Diablo 3). If you ever see someone defending Hollywood's usage of orange and teal, they probably came from one of these mills or some other shitty art school.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Why do so many people think that the true essence of Fallout is about wandering in empty piles of rubble?

giphy.gif
This is the part of Fallout 3 that raises my hackles the most. The idea that the Fallout games were all about survival when both of the original games were fucking loaded with communities rising from the ashes. In the original games you have Shady Sands turning into NCR and for some reason people are still more compelled by empty subway tunnels with growling ghouls rushing at them. "The spirit of Fallout, we've missed it."

:nocountryforshitposters:

This fucking youtube celebrity phenomenon makes me so glad I am srsly old and close to death.

Machocruz

Arcane
Why do so many people think that the true essence of Fallout is about wandering in empty piles of rubble?

giphy.gif
This is the part of Fallout 3 that raises my hackles the most. The idea that the Fallout games were all about survival when both of the original games were fucking loaded with communities rising from the ashes. In the original games you have Shady Sands turning into NCR and for some reason people are still more compelled by empty subway tunnels with growling ghouls rushing at them. "The spirit of Fallout, we've missed it."

Well see, they don't even realize that they are wrong on an objective level. If you are comparing 2 games in a 4 game series and 2 of the other games are like game A (and those games were the first two in the set), and no others in the series are like game B, then game A can't be said to be not have 'the feeling that a game in said series should have, ' thus it is game B that does not have the right feeling.

keep-calm-it-s-only-math-18.png

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
A few years ago and I would have raged so hard about this announcement. Guess now I can be considered 'clean' and can just shrug.

Fallout died after the first two games anyway, so why care.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Was going to reply to that, then I saw the username and thought all is good and well in codexia. :salute:

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Fallout 3 was super grimdark postapocalyptic that's for sure! Between the emo teenager town, the little kids fort holding off the super mutants, the food and water everywhere, dudes starting museums, chicks writing books, everyone being educated and knowing American history, better literacy rates than today apparently. So dark men, so dark, never seen a world so bleak and hopeless.

Especially when compared against the bright and colorful NV, lel that place was so friendly! There was people being crucified, raped, a war, cannibal gangs, political corruption, the roads were cut off by death claw infestations, drug cartels xaxaxa that's like first world problems men.

toroid

Arcane
Hey wasn't there an animated gif that showed Fallout's corpse getting raped by Bethesduh, or something similar? It's time to start spreading those around again.

edit:
Nevermind. This is probably the one I was thinking of.
3tDfsLO.gif

editedit:
still think I remember seeing a corpse gif..

Last edited:

ThatsRightImInIt

Educated
LMAO @ all of this anal annihilation. At least FO4 seems to be encapsulating what Fallout is about: humanity rising from the ashes. FO3 did a shit job at that. I say we wait for gameplay and more details to arise before we write the game off as utter shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom