Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gerrard

Arcane
guys
since you all say (and I agree) that FO3 is a walking simulator
how come they never added in horse/bicycle/motorcycle?
“That’d be pretty damned lame in our game, driving a car down a hallway.”

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Kotaku claims the SandraReed reddit thing is bullshit, as she claimed to have released documents to them and they have no idea who she is

It's not even 24 hours and the official trailer has over 6 million views HOLY SHIT. Gonna be bigger than Skyrim.

Retards gonna retard.

The trailer came out yesterday and this thread already has 42 pages on the Codex. We can't even look down on them. :(

I wonder if Bethderp can make FO4 even more braindead easy than FO 3.

If I had to guess, this would come in the form of SuperVATs and QuestHelper™. SuperVATs will be an enhanced version of VATs from F3 which will utilize QTEs and have an auto-pilot option for the busy player, and QuestHelper will be the next logical step in the QuestCompass progression, a part of the Quest Journal that will keep track of how long each quest stays in your journal, and quietly and discreetly complete them for the player if they remain unresolved beyond a few hours, so as not to make the player feel bad.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It's not even 24 hours and the official trailer has over 6 million views HOLY SHIT. Gonna be bigger than Skyrim.

Retards gonna retard.

The trailer came out yesterday and this thread already has 42 pages on the Codex. We can't even look down on them. :(

I wonder if Bethderp can make FO4 even more braindead easy than FO 3.

If I had to guess, this would come in the form of SuperVATs and QuestHelper™. SuperVATs will be an enhanced version of VATs from F3 which will utilize QTEs and have an auto-pilot option for the busy player, and QuestHelper will be the next logical step in the QuestCompass progression, a part of the Quest Journal that will keep track of how long each quest stays in your journal, and quietly and discreetly complete them for the player if they remain unresolved beyond a few hours, so as not to make the player feel bad.

As if New Vegas or any other Fallout game was difficult. Fallout 1? Headshot... dead. Fallout 2? Headshot... dead. Fallout Tactics? Real time... Boom boom boom, all dead. Fallout BOS? Lolz. New Vegas? I dont even VATS i just Headshot in real time bro.

Sykar

Arcane

We do not celebrate like it is the second coming of the spaghetti monster though.

As if New Vegas or any other Fallout game was difficult. Fallout 1? Headshot... dead. Fallout 2? Headshot... dead. Fallout Tactics? Real time... Boom boom boom, all dead. Fallout BOS? Lolz. New Vegas? I dont even VATS i just Headshot in real time bro.

Must be nice to never suffer a 400+ critical hit from enemies and having 150%+ Small Arms or Energy Weapons from the start, eh? Nevermind that VATS was basically a "Godmode" cheat in FO 3 and still op in FO:NV

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
We do not celebrate like it is the second coming of the spaghetti monster though.

Must be nice to never suffer a 400+ critical hit from enemies and having 150%+ Small Arms or Energy Weapons from the start, eh? Nevermind that VATS was basically a "Godmode" cheat in FO 3 and still op in FO:NV
So you saying Fallout games before Fallout 3 were hard or even had a good difficulty curve? I don't quite recall such thingamajigs

T. Reich

Arcane
I know there are some UI mods about the dialogue that seemed nice. Okay so I'm gonna play with the unnoficial mod/patch.

The unofficial patch is called Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.

I can also recommend the following interface-improving mods:
CASM with MCM - a much better + customisable save functionality
New Vegas Stutter Remover - does what it says
Centered 3rd Person Camera - improves 3rd person view, IMO
MTUI - displays more lines of text in thedialogue/inventory/options screens, a msut-have IMO
No Dialog Tags - moves [skill check] text from dialogues, dialogues look much better without them without any detriment to the game
One HUD - customizable HUD with many options

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
If it is top down view then it must be turn based ! or they are making real time with pause? goddamnit Todd, tell us already.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
BRACE YOURSELVES

m8zgxh.jpg

Sykar

Arcane

So you saying Fallout games before Fallout 3 were hard or even had a good difficulty curve? I don't quite recall such thingamajigs

I said that your assessment is only true for late mid to late game in Fallout 1+2. Most certainly not at the start unless you really knew how to work the system. And no as a level 2 character with maybe 60% Small Arms you do not run around and shoot everyone and everything in the eyes for one shot kills. You are lucky if you hit an aimed shot to the torso or legs. Whats more even if you went 10 Endurance, Lifegiver, etc. you could still suffer armor bypassing crits which instantly kill you. This is basically impossible in FO3 unless you try to run around naked the entire game and even then I have my doubts.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
hahahahaahahah top down view and male only. Butthurt will be glorious.

In Fallout 4, mixing things up, we are making the game more ‘Story Based’ and the player character will finally talk, and narrate his storyline. At the beginning of the game, you create your character (You can only be a male in the main story),”.

PC version includes a “Classic Mode” that will feature a bird’s-eye view like the original titles

FUUUUUUUYEAAAAAAAAAAAAA

http://www.lazygamer.net/rumour/wild-rumour-no-gender-options-in-fallout-4/

hahaha the site is calling 'disturbing' that you cannot play as a female.

I’d be pretty down, as I tend to play games of this sort as a fiery, chaotic neutral red-headed woman.

hahahaha

TODDS BACK KIDS, AND HE IS INCLINING YOUR GAMES, TODD IS LOVE TODD IS LIFE.

0b9f713fee3ff6e80c699b671c2b44150c18b2e1.jpg

Catfish

Learned
Well Kotaku is not exactly a credible source either. And she/he got everything right so far (teaser release date, boston, voiced main character and such...), plus that post was made 11 months ago.

It is fake. The hoaxer is claiming it will be a cross gen game; it won't be. The hoaxer is claiming it is an entirely new engine; It is not. The hoaxer even claims that they are the source of the Kotaku leak, and Kotaku says that is not true.

Everything that "leaker" has gotten correct so far was already widely speculated or rumored before the hoax leak was ever written by them. Boston. Voiced protagonist. E3 is a pretty good guess for an announcement date.

People do these all the time on 4chan/reddit. Claiming to be some leaker with information about a highly anticipated game. They parrot some details that are already rumored or speculated by the community and add a few additions of their own while never offering any proof what they say is true (because they don't have any proof because they are making shit up). They are always proven to be incorrect and hoaxes. Given how often they occur some of those hoaxes are gonna get some of the details right some of the time.

Yes, exactly, thank you. Additionally, the biggest "proof" tarareed provides is that "my nickname is my real name, people at bethesder know me". But then she later states that she is posting this because she is pissed at the company for firing her and has a kid.

Well, a real ex-employee that would pull such a stunt would face either a lawsuit for disclosure, or just a permanent "do not hire" addendum to her file. No adult with a brain would do that.

Then there is how Bethesderp handled another, more recent and less substantial leak (the "worked on FO4 cinematic entry fom some dudes LinkedIn profile) - they freaked out, and, of all things, asked destructoid (who ran the story) to pull the article.

They freaked out and reacted stupidly. Yet to a fully disclosed production roadmap there was no reaction.

And need I remind you of the survivor2299 hoax or whatsit which was way better put together

So yeah, relax them buns, people, this is just more reddit wishful thinking.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jesus christ, it was bad enough being expected to care about my dad Liam Neeson. Now I'm supposed to care about Troy Baker as me?

I would have been reasonably happy with more of the same, but man, they just had to make it worse, didn't they? So much for replay value.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Top down view means very little without TB and mouse controls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom