Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Everyone in this thread will play FO4. Guaranteed.

As a Bethesderp I'll do it. Or i have planned do it. Or I'll do when they teach something. The trailer is fucking nothing.

Caleb462

Educated
Going to play it, and most likely enjoy it quite a bit. Not being a self important cynical bastard who thinks choice in video games has any bearing on a person's intellectual or psychological qualities is nice indeed, I get to actually enjoy things. Though I cry for all the supposed Fallout fans who still haven't played the originals.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Everyone in this thread will play FO4. Guaranteed.

I will not. Fallout 3 was the very last Bethesda game I bought and played. I no longer care for any of the garbage action games they make.

And even if Obsidian does a Fallout 4 game for Bethesda, I'll pass on that as well.

I feel you bro.

The first homosexual I met was a fuckwit. It's safe to assume that all homosexuals are fuckwits.

Speaking of the Bethengine, I was also reminded of this not-so-classic-but-still-amusing:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/1j4j07/have_you_ever_resurrected_the_dead_prospector_at/

Have you ever resurrected the dead prospector at Cottonwood Crater? [New Vegas] (self.Fallout)

There is a prospector's camp you can find near Cottonwood Cove in New Vegas. It's called "Smith Mesa Prospector Camp." There's a bedroll, a campfire, and a non-hostile dog, but not much else. No prospector ever appears there. Across a plain filled with fire geckos, up a glitchy cliff, there is an irradiated pool where the body of a prospector floats. It's always there, and it always has a Fat Man. I believe the common theory is that this prospector belongs to the camp.

Anyways, I was playing with console commands and feeling sympathetic, so I took the time to drag the prospector's body all the way back to his camp and used the "resurrect" command.

I don't know what I expected. He just stands there, staring at me. You can open a dialogue with him, but the only option is "Goodbye," and his only lines are canned Prospector greetings and idle phrases. I'm actually living at that camp, for the time being, so I was spending some off time decorating. As I meticulously arranged a honey mesquite pod on top of a steak, I heard a clattering sound, like the one that happens when two objects aren't getting along with each other. I backed away from the thing I was arranging, and the clattering stopped. This happened several times before I start getting fed up with it. I could not for the life of me figure out what the problem object was.

Anyways, I continued fussing over my food arrangement, and it wasn't long before I noticed some black lines flitting all over my screen. I figured it was a texture glitch, so I saved, just to be sure. As I'm sure you all know, Fallout games like to crash sometimes, and this was highly serious food-arranging. I'm a little dense, so it took a while for me to realize that it wasn't a texture glitch, but some sort of glitchy entity flipping out... like that scribble-bug that's really common among the Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout 3. Whenever I turned around, though, there was nothing but the dead prospector.

As I'm typing this, I'm wondering whether this ought to be a creepypasta. I'm sure someone better than me could pull it off and make it creepy.

Anyways, I'm getting long-winded. Long story short, I'm pretty sure that the dead Prospector is bugging his ass off every time I look away, and playing innocent when I look at him. It's kind of a dick move and he's starting to piss me off, but I already went to the trouble of dragging him down that cliff.

Has anyone else resurrected the Prospector?

pippin

I've been there but never tried that. The thing his corpse does is probably the most common bug I've seen with dead bodies in NV though.

Lios

Cipher
Speaking of the Bethengine, I was also reminded of this not-so-classic-but-still-amusing:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/1j4j07/have_you_ever_resurrected_the_dead_prospector_at/

Have you ever resurrected the dead prospector at Cottonwood Crater? [New Vegas] (self.Fallout)

There is a prospector's camp you can find near Cottonwood Cove in New Vegas. It's called "Smith Mesa Prospector Camp." There's a bedroll, a campfire, and a non-hostile dog, but not much else. No prospector ever appears there. Across a plain filled with fire geckos, up a glitchy cliff, there is an irradiated pool where the body of a prospector floats. It's always there, and it always has a Fat Man. I believe the common theory is that this prospector belongs to the camp.

Anyways, I was playing with console commands and feeling sympathetic, so I took the time to drag the prospector's body all the way back to his camp and used the "resurrect" command.

I don't know what I expected. He just stands there, staring at me. You can open a dialogue with him, but the only option is "Goodbye," and his only lines are canned Prospector greetings and idle phrases. I'm actually living at that camp, for the time being, so I was spending some off time decorating. As I meticulously arranged a honey mesquite pod on top of a steak, I heard a clattering sound, like the one that happens when two objects aren't getting along with each other. I backed away from the thing I was arranging, and the clattering stopped. This happened several times before I start getting fed up with it. I could not for the life of me figure out what the problem object was.

Anyways, I continued fussing over my food arrangement, and it wasn't long before I noticed some black lines flitting all over my screen. I figured it was a texture glitch, so I saved, just to be sure. As I'm sure you all know, Fallout games like to crash sometimes, and this was highly serious food-arranging. I'm a little dense, so it took a while for me to realize that it wasn't a texture glitch, but some sort of glitchy entity flipping out... like that scribble-bug that's really common among the Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout 3. Whenever I turned around, though, there was nothing but the dead prospector.

As I'm typing this, I'm wondering whether this ought to be a creepypasta. I'm sure someone better than me could pull it off and make it creepy.

Anyways, I'm getting long-winded. Long story short, I'm pretty sure that the dead Prospector is bugging his ass off every time I look away, and playing innocent when I look at him. It's kind of a dick move and he's starting to piss me off, but I already went to the trouble of dragging him down that cliff.

this is awesome stuff actually
i always said that someone should gather all the glitches and shit-ends of NV and mod them into a "paranoid" perk you can choose ingame, sort of like "wild wasteland"

Mech

Cipher

This shit is why I love the Bethesda engine. How in the fuck that is even possible to be a bug. The code Bethesda writes is truly magical.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As for the "yeah man but todd howward REALLY seems like he BELIEVES in what he's doing, he LOVES the franchise it's just that he's incompetent to handle it, cut him some slack", well, considering that Fallout New Vegas is far superior than Fallout 3 (and anyone who disagrees should be sterilized), and betting that Fallout 4 will be the same shit updated, this guy and these guys are so arrogant that they will learn nothing from NV. Nothing at all.

What? Is anyone here saying this?

I've been there but never tried that. The thing his corpse does is probably the most common bug I've seen with dead bodies in NV though.

My favorite thing in Oblivion are those vines hanging from cave ceilings, if you touch them there's a 50/50 chance they'll go batshit insane and look like an extraplanar being struggling to get into reality.

Last edited:

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
I'm noticing something weird with Bethesda, TES has a different lead artist and lead designer as compared to Fallout. The lead artist and designer for fo3 did not take that role in Skyrim but have taken those roles again for Fallout 4.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Is that so weird considering they're different genres visually speaking?

Mech

Cipher
I'm noticing something weird with Bethesda, TES has a different lead artist and lead designer as compared to Fallout. The lead artist and designer for fo3 did not take that role in Skyrim but have taken those roles again for Fallout 4.
That doesn't seem strange to me. Seems like a good idea to keep designer bias to a single series.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

It's like 2007 all over again around here. You guys and your posts are just icing on the yummy cake that FO4 will be. This is gonna be a fun year. :lol:
But fallout 3 really did end up being a piece of shit though, so not seeing what you're going for...

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
That doesn't seem strange to me. Seems like a good idea to keep designer bias to a single series.

Surely they don't keep TES games in pre-production for that long, right?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Considering all they develop is Fallout and TES games... why is that so hard to believe?

Reminds me of this classic

DtfDWgS.jpg
It's a radioactive wasteland, man. You can never be sure!

Fxtz6k.gif

thing_monster005.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom